Muay Thai Gyms in Thailand

Hey, me and a bunch of buddies were lookin into goin here for training....http://www.rawaimuaythai.com/....its kinda far from Bangkok, but i heard its a really good place. Oh yah....its cheap and its on the beach man. Jus take a look at some pics to see for urself. It has some hardcore training, so if u train beforehand, u should be ready to take on the heavy training there....anyways, good luck.

childrens of 5 years old will give U a lesson!
lol

good luck!!

Childrens of 5 yeards old will gave u a lesson!

lol

Good luck!

TigreDeBengala said:
I was at Tiger Muay Thai in the summer.

The guy that runs it is an american from Ohio called Sean. Amazing fighter, great guy and good teacher. He also has 3 top thai trainers there and a ring and a caghe and offers BJJ as well as Muay Thai. Its located on a rubber plantation.
For nightlife and girls you need to go to Pattaya which is 30 mins away in a cab and full of naughty girls, hookers and every other sin Thailand is famous for.

Gym is great.

If you want the nightlife go to a gym in Bangkok.

Are you sure Pattaya is only a 30 minute cab ride from Phuket? They look so far apart on the map.

Combat Sambo said:
Are you sure Pattaya is only a 30 minute cab ride from Phuket? They look so far apart on the map.

lol it would take you about 12 hours in a car, I think he is thinking of Patong beach in Phuket which is a smaller version opf Pattaya

Hey, im thinking of going to Thailand over the summer to for the same reason (muay thai training). but i knew someone who did it in Phucket and pointed me in that direction.

only thing ive heard of though. not sure if its just hear say or not. but is it true thailand has the largest population of sex changes? i heard some of the dudes there pass for chicks easily. that would turn me off to the night life A LOT

My friends older brother went here http://www.prapamuaythai.com/ and said he also considered Rawai Muay Thai. this is how he described it to me: "Both gyms are in Phuket. Basically it comes down to this -If you want to do Muay Thai, get fit, meet some cool people, and enjoy Thailand, go to Rawai Muay Thai. If you want to become a fighter, go to Prapa Muay Thai. Its a small gym, but its for fighters. You'd be hard pressed to find better trainers than the ones at Prapa"

that was his testimony

user_anton said:
ohh well thanks for the tips guys... The only think that sucks about fairtex is that i can't bring any women into the room, so it seems more restricted....

I live in thailand and fight muay thai. I have been here 18 months, I speak thai and have a very good knowledge of the area here. Don't beleive everything you here about the nightlife, most western people only see what all tourists see. Theres allot more..

there are 15 camps in phucket and i new of about 5-6 the rest i have no idea, if its your first time dont worry just take your backpack and check things out for yourself and then decide where you wonna train,

its Thailand not f***ing Mars

if u wanna train in pattaya sitpholek is without a doubt the best gym. there is a huge thread in a german fighting board. its like 33 pages and everybody says that sitpholek is by far the best gym there. ive never been there but im planning a trip for november if everything goes well. just contact frank from sitpholek. he takes care of everything and they all speak english unlike in other gyms.

ULLMONKEY said:
if its your first time dont worry just take your backpack and check things out for yourself and then decide where you wonna train,

its Thailand not f***ing Mars

This should be the first thing people read when asking questions about going to Thailand. Similar to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic (and bring a towel).

Hundreds of thousands of people go to Thailand every year. Most get something stolen. If you go there with that in mind, and accept it, you'll do a lot better than worrying about losing your shit all the time. It will save you a lot of stress once you accept that shit happens.

My other piece of unsolicited advice: Don't ever be in a hurry to do anything or get anywhere. It will only stress you out. Even if you're in a hurry or late, don't worry. It's hot and shit gets done, eventually. The Thais generally aren't going to be in a hurry or stressed. So if you are, it will suck to be you. I've seen a lot of tired, stressed out travellers freaking out. Just chill and go with the flow.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The rules for visa's have changed. Check the Thai government website for info on visa runs. They're really cracked down on it. So know what's up, make sure you have the most up-to-date info available. Don't rely on your buddy or some dude on the internet, check the Thai government website for yourself.

fairtex in pattaya should be good too, but its kinda a resort. its a very new place with all luxury and stuff but its not the original thai feeling as far as i heard. its also very expensive.

I live here, train here, and fight here. If anybody has any serious questoins about anything let me know.

hmmmm...

damn you sherdoggers!!

now i'm gonna be colecting money to go to Thailand... :(

Back