MPR drops Garrison Keillor after four decades due to sexual misconduct allegation

A hack for men who don't want to be accused of sexual harassment: imagine all women who you talk to in the work place are actually Dwayne the Rock Johnson.

Don't touch them anywhere or in anyway that you would not touch the Rock.

Ok... assuming you don't have an an overabundance of unrepressed homoeroticism... just don't touch any woman you work with in any way that you would not touch the Rock, and you should be OK.

Would you slide your hand up the Rock’s back under his shirt?
TTT.

It's lib men going full cuck like this that has kept the #metoo movement alive, and burning guys like Chris Hardwick at the stake. I didn't forget, and I want Garrison back. Time we start peeling back through the archives and shaming you guys.

TTT.

It's lib men going full cuck like this that has kept the #metoo movement alive, and burning guys like Chris Hardwick at the stake. I didn't forget, and I want Garrison back. Time we start peeling back through the archives and shaming you guys.
Moderators calling users "cucks."

Es normal.

Keep it classy Sherdog.

And I stand by my comments notwithstanding EdgyMick's "public shaming" (oh noes!)... If you can't figure out how to work with a woman without having to touch her all the time, sorry, but you're a creeper.

Also, Garrison Keeler was retiring before this "accusation" came out, so you can't blame #meetoo for Prarie Home Companion going down hill.

Last edited:
Moderators calling users "cucks."

Es normal.

Keep it classy Sherdog.

And I stand by my comments notwithstanding EdgyMick's "public shaming" (oh noes!)... If you can't figure out how to work with a woman without having to touch her all the time, sorry, but you're a creeper.

Also, Garrison Keeler was retiring before this "accusation" came out, so you can't blame #meetoo on Prarie Home Companion going down hill.
I blame you for Chris Hardwick.

Grow a fucking spine.

I blame you for Chris Hardwick.

Grow a fucking spine.
Lol.

Last time I checked I am not on AMC's board of directors, nor am I Chris Hardwick's ex-girlfriend.

Fuck off.

TTT.

I'm all for people being investigated for sexual misconduct but everyone should be disturbed by the "guilty no matter what" ideal we've had in response to sexual allegations. It could be anyone of us and we have no recourse. Once its said, that shadow always hangs over your head.

I'm all for people being investigated for sexual misconduct but everyone should be disturbed by the "guilty no matter what" ideal we've had in response to sexual allegations. It could be anyone of us and we have no recourse. Once its said, that shadow always hangs over your head.
Agreed. Due process ... innocent until proven guilty ... those things exist for a reason.

I agree. And I've never said anything to the contrary
@Madmick

TTT.

This post is almost exclusively a personal attack on another poster.

Also, you used cuck in a serious manner. Are you feeling ok today?

It's tribal politics. Men taking put other men because women cry. When we put that sad instinct in the backseat, society grew and was healthy. Women will abuse it, if you let them. They know that.

MPR says Garrison Keillor wasn’t fired for simply touching ‘a woman’s bare back’
In response to a question about his initial decision to say he was fired for touching a woman’s bare back, which at this point MPR has denied, Keillor said, “My touching her bare shoulder once was the only physical contact between her and me that could be considered harassing. It was a blue blouse, split up the back, and I put my hand on her back, to reassure her that her work was okay, and my hand slid up inside the blouse a few inches and touched her bare shoulder. I apologized for this in an email and she said, ‘I forgave you for that, don’t think about it.’”

Keillor went on: “What is interesting to me is the fact that, back in October when the complaint was made, the president of MPR, where I’ve worked for almost fifty years, did not call me up and ask me to sit down and talk about this. They were never interested in hearing my story. Instead of calling me, they called in a troupe of lawyers, and that’s why we are where we are"...

Keillor himself first emailed reporters on Nov. 29 to say he was “fired” from MPR, just hours after “Today” show host Matt Lauer was fired for inappropriate sexual behavior...

MPR declined at the time to confirm whether this was the incident that prompted its investigation, only saying a few days later that the organization had received “a formal complaint from an individual that includes multiple allegations related to Garrison’s behavior.”

With little to go on from MPR itself, many of Keillor’s biggest fans decided to believe the radio host’s implied denial that he did anything wrong. Fans canceled their MPR memberships in protest. When an MPR news host opened the airwaves to listeners one day after the accusation went public, several took the opportunity to criticize the station’s decision to sever ties with Keillor. One said the host was “convicted without a trial.” Another said she would end her membership because she believed MPR was guilty of “turning [Keillor] into a criminal.”

It’s not just fans who struggled to reconcile Keillor’s folksy public image with allegations that indicated all might not be as it seemed on “A Prairie Home Companion.” In MPR News’s latest article, multiple women who used to work with him said they were baffled by the allegations of inappropriate behavior that didn’t match the aloof, shy, employer they knew.
Transparency is an enemy to the truth.

That's a pathetic response. I hope you feel better about yourself now.

Dude you're one of the biggest shit posters on here, I've never seen you contribute anything but gifs or off topic thread derailing comments.

Dude you're one of the biggest shit posters on here, I've never seen you contribute anything but gifs or off topic thread derailing comments.
Just ignore him. A bit of ad hominem is warranted considering how I rezzed the thread. I don't mind that.

I drew the line. This isn't a meta-thread about moderation.

Back on topic. I want us to focus on what these insane progressives are doing, and who is protecting & enabling them.

"My touching her bare shoulder once was the only physical contact between her and me that could be considered harassing. It was a blue blouse, split up the back, and I put my hand on her back, to reassure her that her work was okay, and my hand slid up inside the blouse a few inches and touched her bare shoulder..."

Oh boy.

"My touching her bare shoulder once was the only physical contact between her and me that could be considered harassing. It was a blue blouse, split up the back, and I put my hand on her back, to reassure her that her work was okay, and my hand slid up inside the blouse a few inches and touched her bare shoulder..."

Oh boy.
Yeah, he definitely perved on that chick. I'm glad they canned his ass.

Yeah, he definitely perved on that chick. I'm glad they canned his ass.
I wasn't on her shoulder, as it were, but that definitely sounds like a creeper move and a creeper apology. As far as firing him, that's up to the perved-on party and the company etc, but yeah, that sounds like pretty typical sexual harassment. I still hold that we shouldn't be spending this much time in our sexual harassment time machines though, there's a point where we have to forgive and learn and move on.

Back