Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

melvinj0

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-moviepass-works-2017-8

So I just signed up for this, it's legit from what I have heard, just waiting for my card to come in the mail now. Anyone else try it yet? It's a pretty amazing deal for the time being, but my guess is they'll shoot the price back up once they get a shit ton of members.

sounds too good to be true.

the other negative side effect of this is that theaters we be packed like sardines and become uncomfortable and worn down.

I don't like it.

tickets are already cheap I'm paying 6.50 to go to a movie tommorrow.

another reason I don't like this is that this movie pass is only good for standard screens no IMAX or XD or 3D or the upgraded dolby digital cinema screens.

Thanks for the heads up. I may give this a shot. Nothing really to lose except 10 bucks. I was thinking that I haven't been to the movies in over a year.

sounds too good to be true.

the other negative side effect of this is that theaters we be packed like sardines and become uncomfortable and worn down.

I don't like it.

tickets are already cheap I'm paying 6.50 to go to a movie tommorrow.

It was 50$ a month, so my guess is they lowered it in order to bring in lots of new members, then they will probably hike it back up or release different packages (10$ gets you like 3-4 movies a month). Theaters already tend to be pretty packed, and you could also just go to matinees on weekdays if you want to avoid crowds.

There are far more pros than cons imo, definitely worth 10$ a month

another reason I don't like this is that this movie pass is only good for standard screens no IMAX or XD or 3D or the upgraded dolby digital cinema screens.

Most 3D movies are a rip off tbh, Imax is cool but it's not something I go out of my way to experience.

Most 3D movies are a rip off tbh, Imax is cool but it's not something I go out of my way to experience.

Movie A is playing in a regular theater and an Imax theater

I go see Movie A in IMAX 100% of the time

Why would you wanna go see the inferior version ?

Movie A is playing in a regular theater and an Imax theater

I go see Movie A in IMAX 100% of the time

Why would you wanna go see the inferior version ?

I just don't care enough I guess, I don't tend to see big blockbusters with heavy visuals, the movies I see don't really require a huge screen to be enjoyed.

The standard screens and lack of advance tickets is a deal breaker for me even at $10. I can see this service being extremely useful for some people though especially if you lived in a city and had a theater a few blocks walking.

I got it, figured $10 can't hurt too much if it sucks. I'll watch it in 2D, and then if I really like it, I'll pay for 3D or IMAX.

I just don't care enough I guess, I don't tend to see big blockbusters with heavy visuals, the movies I see don't really require a huge screen to be enjoyed.
it isn't just about the visuals IMAX,cinemark XD,Dolby digital upgraded screens all have way better sound and recliner seating better than standard screens

1766256d24eafe754c.jpg

cinemark xd
635905534589323581-Altoona-theater.JPG

it isn't just about the visuals IMAX,cinemark XD,Dolby digital upgraded screens all have way better sound and recliner seating better than standard screens

1766256d24eafe754c.jpg

cinemark xd
Point is you can watch for free films you would never have watched if you had to pay $10-20 for it. You can still choose to buy nice seats and 3D for films that you really want to see.

3D movies are trash.

1766256d24eafe754c.jpg

cinemark xd

I may be a weirdo, but I actually prefer the standard seats.

Can you smoke weed in a movie theater yet?

<DisgustingHHH>
I take my vape. Usually crush a backwoods in the car before. This is nice for a pote-heed like myself. Nothing like going for a stoned morning movie while the rest of you commute/hate your lives.

This is the first I'm hearing about this.

It sounds incredible . . . but I guess my big question is how long is it only going to be $9.99.

1766256d24eafe754c.jpg

cinemark xd

Most the theaters around me have recliner seats in all their rooms

Back