Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

i’ve seen the new Blade Runner three times w/ my card so i’m calling nonsense on that

I thought they changed it where you can watch the same movie multiple times now?

i’ve seen the new Blade Runner three times w/ my card so i’m calling nonsense on that

They may have changed it, but the ToS at one time definitely said that you can only see any particular movie one time.

It also says this, which is kind of troubling:

"MoviePass reserves the right to offer members a new price option if they exceed watching a certain amount of movies per month."

And here's something else that might fuck some people up:

"If you cancel your MoviePass subscription, you may not subscribe to the Service again for a period of nine (9) months."

I know in their most recent Terms of Service, it says you can only see any particular movie once. But I've never actually tried it.

Decided to give it a go again with Thor, worst case I’d watch Coco but it went through so that’s that.

The one issue I've had with Movie Pass is I haven't been able to get anyone to respond to me when I try to contact them through the app. I've tried like five different times across five different days. No response whatsoever.

I just updated my account to the $6.95 per month /12 months option (like a day before my account was scheduled to renew; which is when the new $6.95 deal was set to take over, but for some reason it just charged me $9.95 again and didn't indicate I'd been upgraded).

The one issue I've had with Movie Pass is I haven't been able to get anyone to respond to me when I try to contact them through the app. I've tried like five different times across five different days. No response whatsoever.

I just updated my account to the $6.95 per month /12 months option (like a day before my account was scheduled to renew; which is when the new $6.95 deal was set to take over, but for some reason it just charged me $9.95 again and didn't indicate I'd been upgraded).

Someone else complained earlier ITT that they tried to contact them and never did get a response. From a customer service perspective, they do seem to be D-level.

their customer service is pretty bad

they take tickets and will email you back

Thanks for the input. I sent them a ticket through their website yesterday. We'll see if they respond.

Ok, so about a week later and I finally got a response in my app (of sending the same message over and over every single day, throughout the day; I finally got someone to respond today). They said my account will transition to the $6.95 per month next month on the next billing cycle. Apparently signing up for it 12-24 hours prior to my last billing cycle wasn't enough time.

Other issues we touched on was the app kept signing me out and I kept having to sign back in. Told me to try an un-install / re-install total reboot of the app. I did it and we'll see if it helps.

Otherwise, the app hasn't shown my most recent movies in my viewing history. They said this is a known issue and is being worked on.

There are 3 theaters within 30 miles of me & none of them are showing The Disaster Artist or The Shape of Water. That’s pretty frustrating.

There are 3 theaters within 30 miles of me & none of them are showing The Disaster Artist or The Shape of Water. That’s pretty frustrating.
Shape of water dosent get its full release until 12-22. Just the Small limited theater pre release, to drive buzz for award season

Shape of water dosent get its full release until 12-22. Just the Small limited theater pre release, to drive buzz for award season

I read that they plan to have it in 800 theaters by the 22nd

So here's hoping I guess

Like others have said, The Shape of Water is supposed to go wide later on.

But I'm surprised that NO ONE has The Disaster Artist around you. I ended up having to go to the local indie theater to watch it, but there are multiple theaters in the SLC area that are playing it. I assume you're living in a fairly small city if there are only three theaters in a 30 mile radius.

Like others have said, The Shape of Water is supposed to go wide later on.

But I'm surprised that NO ONE has The Disaster Artist around you. I ended up having to go to the local indie theater to watch it, but there are multiple theaters in the SLC area that are playing it. I assume you're living in a fairly small city if there are only three theaters in a 30 mile radius.

Yeah it's pretty small. The city I'm in doesn't even have one. Usually Bowling Green, the largest city near me, shows basically everything. Which is why it's weird that they aren't showing TDA. They have 2 partnering theaters where they split up the movies between them, so they have plenty of space to show it.

Yeah it's pretty small. The city I'm in doesn't even have one. Usually Bowling Green, the largest city near me, shows basically everything. Which is why it's weird that they aren't showing TDA. They have 2 partnering theaters where they split up the movies between them, so they have plenty of space to show it.

Maybe you should make some phone calls and ask why they're not playing it.

Picked one up today

I sent a 3 month prepaid card to myself for 29 dollars. Since it cost around 15 dollars per move I gotta see at least 2 movies to get my money worth.

Here are some movies I will probably see with the card and maybe some other stuff that catches my eye

Star Wars
Gotti
The Shape of Water
JumanJi
The Post
Hostiles
Insidious
The Commuter
God Particle
Black Panther

I think its a pretty good deal as long as I make sure to go see some of these

Picked one up today

I sent a 3 month prepaid card to myself for 29 dollars. Since it cost around 15 dollars per move I gotta see at least 2 movies to get my money worth.

Here are some movies I will probably see with the card and maybe some other stuff that catches my eye

Star Wars
Gotti
The Shape of Water
JumanJi
The Post
Hostiles
Insidious
The Commuter
God Particle
Black Panther

I think its a pretty good deal as long as I make sure to go see some of these

Two movies in three months sounds like it should be beyond doable. I've been doing about two movies a week, but admittedly I have a pretty flexible schedule. Even if I had a pretty standard schedule though I'm sure I'd at least go see something every weekend though.

Looks like a pretty good list. I would add:

All the Money in the World
I, Tonya
Molly's Game
Cloverfield Movie
The 15:17 to Paris
Red Sparrow
Tomb Raider

Actually, I there are even a few more I would add to that list, but they aren't ones I think you'd have much interest in.

Two movies in three months sounds like it should be beyond doable. I've been doing about two movies a week, but admittedly I have a pretty flexible schedule. Even if I had a pretty standard schedule though I'm sure I'd at least go see something every weekend though.

Looks like a pretty good list. I would add:

All the Money in the World
I, Tonya
Molly's Game
Cloverfield Movie
The 15:17 to Paris
Red Sparrow
Tomb Raider

Actually, I there are even a few more I would add to that list, but they aren't ones I think you'd have much interest in.

List them out

I got finals next week but after that no school for a few months. One of the reasons why I got the card

Back