Most underatted movie

The guy should been Indiana Jones but that's close enough.

sneakers-movie-poster-1992-1020470576.jpg

mpw-12514.jpg

A70-6218

Dragonslayer.jpg

Eraser_(movie_poster).jpg

57pmnhmbrruqrbun_4665.jpg
Eraser is an old favourite of mine. Guilty pleasure sort of movie.

Amazing movie no one ever talks about.
Stacked cast, too; Tom Cruise, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy, John C. Reilly, Julianne Moore, Phillip Baker Hall and Luis Guzman.

film-poster-magnolia-1999-BNPXRP.jpg
GREAT movie, a trip, but great. Probably Tom Cruise's best acting performance. All of the cast were amazing really, Julianne Moore was crazy good.
Rescue Dawn - Awesome movie about Dieter Dengler's time in a Vietnam POW camp. It was released with no real buzz(I think it might've even gone STV), and its pretty much stayed under the radar ever since.

Hardcore Henry - A more recent flick, that ultimately got praised for it's style, but not much else. It kind of just came and went. I think its one the better action flicks of the last decade, and more than just a technical showcase for neat camera tricks. It was all really well done.
I liked Hardcore Henry although it was a little too intense visually at times.

I'll definitely check out Rescue Dawn, haven't seen that one. Werner Herzog has directed some great movies and Christian Bale is excellent.

i'm a big fan of Last Man Standing w/ Bruce Willis
which is just a Prohibition era remake of A Fistful of Dollars (itself a remake), but it goes mad hard. Christopher Walken is damn good in it, and it has straight up great shootout scenes

the guy from Warriors, whom Arnold drops off the cliff in Commando (Sully?) is one of the main villains, dude plays a slimy guy well

also, I feel like The Quick and the Dead doesn't get mentioned like ever, not a bad movie

I liked Sahara in the context character played by Rainn Wilson is really Dwight Schrute and Dwight has decided to leave the paper industry for treasure hunting. There is a scene where Dwight takes out a truck with a flare gun and everytime I think "fuck yeah Dwight Bear, Beets, Battlestar Galactica and now Flare Guns, bitches"

come to think of it due to this thread, Steve Zahn is a lowkey pretty solid actor
I thought he did comedy well in National Security (a much better movie than it had rights being), and he does drama well in Crimson Tide (radio repair LT or something), Joyride, Rescue Dawn, etc..

Good call guys

I've found that the ratings for sci. fi. movies in general aren't a good representation of how good the movie is when you're a fan of the genre. The ones with ratings in the 30-50% range are usually legitimately bad, but there's a ton in the 60%+ range that I enjoyed a lot. The plebs aren't that into sci. fi. in general.

Bloodsport - 33%
giphy.gif

Most underratted has to be Ratatouille or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles . Ratatouille needed more rats. That is something that is beyond arguement even among movie critics. TMNT only had one rat but he was huge and he could talk and do karate. That has to count something in the rat whatever rating. So, I am going to declare it a tie between those two.
civil_war_iron_man_is_not_happy_with_cap_animated_gif.gif

come to think of it due to this thread, Steve Zahn is a lowkey pretty solid actor
I thought he did comedy well in National Security (a much better movie than it had rights being), and he does drama well in Crimson Tide (radio repair LT or something), Joyride, Rescue Dawn, etc..

Good call guys

I'll always loved Steve Zahn after Saving Silverman. That shit's one of my favourite comedy flicks (Completely underrated)

Last Action Hero was very good. I have no idea why it got slammed.
no idea either it was a parody movie of chessy 90's action flicks, I loved this film when I was a kid, plus had prime Bridgette Wilson.

Best film of the last five years, maybe longer...

Hardcore Henry - A more recent flick, that ultimately got praised for it's style, but not much else. It kind of just came and went. I think its one the better action flicks of the last decade, and more than just a technical showcase for neat camera tricks. It was all really well done.

I'd have to agree with this. Had a few corny bits (a dance routine? Really?) And the ending fight with mr telekenisis left a lot to be desired.

But at the same time, its was visually a fun movie. Doing it all first person the way they did on a budget that would make a PBS show cringe in itself is worthy of praise. Most all of the fight scenes were very well done. And while it wasnt a completely unique story there were a few elements that made it stand out.

It's a solid 7/10 flick for me, would have been an 8 if not for that FUCKING DANCE SCENE.

I'm not aware of that many movies with rats in them so most are underatted.

Da Hip hop Witch

If you havent seen it, do yourself a favour.

Hot Fuzz. Everyone likes the movie fine. But it is really a great film. There’s all kinds of shit you only catch after watching it a few times.

Dawn of Justice. Batman vs Superman is epic

It was definitely underrated.

I liked everything about that movie with the Batman and Superman dynamic. The only thing that made me voice a complaint was how they portrayed Doomsday. He felt like an afterthought, as if they needed a true villain to bring it all together. Lex Luthor was still becoming who he was, and Batman and Superman would eventually realize that they were both good guys. So it's like they needed something to give the movie a villain, and a climax.

Death of Superman should have been a separate stand alone movie all its own. I think they robbed us of that. DOS would have been epic. That is my complaint about Dawn of Justice, but I still enjoyed it. lol

I don't think the usual suspects ever got the recognition it deserves

But I could be biased as I love that flick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back