Most effective use of strikes during UFC career

I already said why he grappled. Not sure what you are even saying. He was grappling because of an injury, not because he wasn't capable of beating Gane standing. That's pretty much common knowledge.
He grappled bc he got pieced up by Gane. Having a fucked up leg isn't going to turn you into a panic wrestler. Take your nose out of dana's ass hoe for once.

Last I checked Overeem is the most efficient striker in UFC history.

P4P
28iumw4.gif

MODS! MOOOODS!
Reported for sharing MURDER you sick bastard

PS he actually fucking DIED

He grappled bc he got pieced up by Gane. Having a fucked up leg isn't going to turn you into a panic wrestler. Take your nose out of dana's ass hoe for once.
Well, not many rational people would say he was being "pieced up" even if Gane was winning when they were in the standup; you are seeing what you want to see. What you are missing in this circumstance is the obvious fact that anyone with knowledge of combat sports knows- that throwing strikes involves the knee, it's called body torque which is involved in throwing power strikes (and avoiding getting kicked in the knee quite obviously).

You seem to be getting emotional and also haven't the capability of conversing like an adult. Until you grow up into manhood, I am going to unfortunately have to block you. Maybe after you grow up you also will be a bit more rational about these fight facts also. Goodby pal, and best of luck.

Your top 5 UFC strikers considering ONLY how effective their striking is while in the UFC. Guys like CC and Toney were perhaps better strikers than those on the list but weren't so great during their time in the UFC in terms of utilizing strikes.

*Alex- The best right now in the UFC. Continuing to improve with time, he is on a roll of devastating opponents with leg kicks in latest string of fights; these are the best leg kicks the UFC has ever seen. He has adapted his game remarkably quickly and is wrecking the competition. It is important to remember that Anderson fought for nearly 10 years before his debut in the UFC, so you could say Alex has taken to it quicker; how well he is learning grappling will define his longevity as the champ.

*Anderson- The previous gold standard.

*Francis- What needs to be said? Devastating opponents with quick KOs. Turned Overeem into a Pez dispenser.

*Chuck- Held the LHW title with a string of KOs.

*JDS/Stipe- In their prime, both were devastating in the standup.

*Amanda for her level of dominance as a striker; she is all alone in WMMA in her stature.

Honorable mention- Rizzo, Izzy, Aldo, Hunt, Mo Smith (Edit in Machida and Rumble).

While Silva is obviously the GOAT, I think we should add Stipe to this list as well.
He's a former golden gloves, and he may not have the power of Francis, but his KO of Werdum was phenomenal!

Attachments

• 1706463245838.png
    1706463245838.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
"Your top 5 UFC strikers considering ONLY how effective their striking is while in the UFC"

Fact is Gane outstruck Ngannou and everyone else he has faced, including Lewis who got the decision over Ngannou in a standup fight.

Gane is obviously the superior striker and a better candidate to list especially with your criteria being "how effective their striking is while in the UFC"
<WhatItIs>
I'm not going to go in circles debating Frank's injury in that fight or this MMAth which denies the obvious. What I will see is that it inhibits your ability to use striking effectively when you fold the minute the fight hits the ground, which is part of what I considered when making this list. Frank beat Gane in that fight despite his injury, and Gane folded against Jones like a cardboard box. Gane hasn't beaten anyone.

While Silva is obviously the GOAT, I think we should add Stipe to this list as well.
He's a former golden gloves, and he may not have the power of Francis, but his KO of Werdum was phenomenal!

I have him on there already.

I'm not going to go in circles debating Frank's injury in that fight or this MMAth which denies the obvious.
You can guess all you want, but the fact is Gane was winning the fight until Francis had to try wrestling. Gane dominated and finished Lewis striking, Lewis defeated Ngannou in a decision striking.

Since we're doing hypotheticals, I believe had JDS, Stipe, Cain all been healthy and in their primes, they all would've beaten Ngannou.

What I will see is that it inhibits your ability to use striking effectively when you fold the minute the fight hits the ground, which is part of what I considered when making this list.
That's the most blatant use of moving the goalposts I ever saw! Lol

Another hypothetical, if Jan was properly acclimated against Pereira and didn't completely gas after round 1, he would've continued to maul Periera just like round 1, and like he did against Izzy. So Maybe Alex shouldn't be on your top 5 list.

Frank beat Gane in that fight despite his injury
Because of wrestling

Gane hasn't beaten anyone.
He KOd and dominated Lewis in the standup, a guy who won a standup fight against Ngannou

Ngannou has really only beaten washed relics, and Blaydes in the standup. Both their resumes are lacking.

Last edited:
Vitor had the fasted hands. That Lindland KO is hard to watch. I would say Anderson with his pin point accuracy.

You can guess all you want, but the fact is Gane was winning the fight until Francis had to try wrestling. Gane dominated and finished Lewis striking, Lewis defeated Ngannou in a decision striking.

Since we're doing hypotheticals, I believe had JDS, Stipe, Cain all been healthy and in their primes, they all would've beaten Ngannou.

That's the most blatant use of moving the goalposts I ever saw! Lol

Another hypothetical, if Jan was properly acclimated against Pereira and didn't completely gas after round 1, he would've continued to maul Periera just like round 1, and like he did against Izzy. So Maybe Alex shouldn't be on your top 5 list.

Because of wrestling

He KOd and dominated Lewis in the standup, a guy who won a standup fight against Ngannou

Ngannou has really only beaten washed relics, and Blaydes in the standup. Both their resumes are lacking.
You, "Francis was beaten by Gane and had no injury or the injury doesn't matter, Gane is the better striker. Gane is the man."

Me, "Well no, I disagree."

This isn't a news channel, so there really isn't a reason to go in the same circles that a thousand others have on these boards. I am seeing nothing that Gane apologists or Francis haters haven't said too many times to count in your post (with endless rebuttals that there is no point in repeating).

Last edited:
There would be others included like Wandy and perhaps Hendo if I was including Pride.

You, "Francis was beaten by Gane and had no injury or the injury doesn't matter, Gane is the better striker. Gane is the man."

Me, "Well no, I disagree."

This isn't a news channel, so there really isn't a reason to go in the same circles that a thousand others have on these boards. I am seeing nothing that Gane apologists or Francis haters haven't said too many times to count in your post (with endless rebuttals that there is no point in repeating).
Great, but even if you choose to ignore the Gane fight, he still lost to Lewis, who Gane dominated.

Great, but even if you choose to ignore the Gane fight, he still lost to Lewis, who Gane dominated.
Dude, there are all kinds of problems with basing broad, general opinions on individual MMA fights or matchups. One could come up with all kinds of gems based on your logic. Tai knocked out Lewis, so is Tui a better striker than Francis? Think about it. MMAth has a lot of limitation.

Dude, there are all kinds of problems with basing broad, general opinions on individual MMA fights or matchups. One could come up with all kinds of gems based on your logic. Tai knocked out Lewis, so is Tui a better striker than Francis? Think about it. MMAth has a lot of limitation.
Nobody has outstruck Gane, multiple have outstruck Ngannou, therefore Gane has "more effective striking while in the UFC"

<Prem771>

Nobody has outstruck Gane, multiple have outstruck Ngannou, therefore Gane has "more effective striking while in the UFC"

<Prem771>
Thank you for sharing your opinion. That's very American of you.

I can't consider Alex for this.

Had a back ans forth with Bruno Silva and lost majority of rounds vs Izzy, not that Izzy is some bum but just seems to disqualify him as effective striker.

Then again, what do you consider effective? The end result only or how consistently they win exchanges/befuddle their opponents?
Could be s ranking for least strikes needed to KO/tko the most opponents. Or time to KO instead of number of séries.
I think Francis tops that, and JDS ranks at the top too.
i like this kind of discussion

I can't consider Alex for this.

Had a back ans forth with Bruno Silva and lost majority of rounds vs Izzy, not that Izzy is some bum but just seems to disqualify him as effective striker.

Then again, what do you consider effective? The end result only or how consistently they win exchanges/befuddle their opponents?
I would consider the overall effectiveness, so I wouldn't figure it using MMAth by making hard-fast rules based on a certain fight, or how many rounds a fighter won in a certain fight. You have to look at the overall perspective.

In the bigger picture, Alex has been destructive with his strikes.

You can nitpick anyone, including Andy. What's with that weak performance against Maia? He couldn't even finish Maia in his prime, in 5 rounds? He must be a crappy striker. Look at how many people have beat Maia up in the standup.

You can look through ANYONE's career and nitpick something like that to justify a narrative, but it fails in the end.

Clearly Anderson.
If he's not your no.1 for this topic then there's something seriously wrong with you in the mental department.

He had a clean, efficient, fluent yet extremely brutal repertoire of strikes of all kinds.
We haven't really seen an equal in that department since IMHO.
100% the dudes run was insane so many finishes by a variety of strikes in highlight fashion.

I’ll never forget his first fight with Rich Franklin and how powerful his clinch was and that body work. Rich literally had that deer in the headlights look whenever Anderson had a clinch on him.

It reminded of a soon to be dead animal (like a lion with a still breathing and fighting back hyena in its mouth or something).

I would consider the overall effectiveness, so I wouldn't figure it using MMAth by making hard-fast rules based on a certain fight, or how many rounds a fighter won in a certain fight. You have to look at the overall perspective.

In the bigger picture, Alex has been destructive with his strikes.

You can nitpick anyone, including Andy. What's with that weak performance against Maia? He couldn't even finish Maia in his prime, in 5 rounds? He must be a crappy striker. Look at how many people have beat Maia up in the standup.

You can look through ANYONE's career and nitpick something like that to justify a narrative, but it fails in the end.
I won't argue with that at all.

Back