Most effective use of strikes during UFC career

Let's hold our horses on that one. So far he's behind Wonderboy, Machida and Pettis as far as TMA type fighters who have used it to finish or beat top MMA fighters.
That's why I said assuming.

Poatan is also great but if we're talking MMA only, he hasn't done as much as Anderson yet.
'Doing as much' is a pretty hard standard at this point in Alex's life. What I find an interesting question is if he will be able to show the kind of mastery Anderson did before the end of his career. His low kicks have looked more destructive than I have ever seen in MMA, particularly over the last few fights. Izzy deserves all credit for his win, but he had already begun to buckle from the leg kicks when he got the KO.

Reactions: mkt
6aca18fe67942a8c48768e834fc1d353e0975373.gif

Donald Cerrone
Andre Arlovski
Robbie Lawler
I like this group here. Perhaps not the striking GOATs, but def very high level. Good call.

I think Anderson is the obvious gold standard, dude was just on a different level with his striking, it was beautiful carnage to witness. Also think some ITT are conflating power with effectiveness... I get it, nothing is more effective than a KO, but there's more to effective striking than just KO.

Edson Barboza deserves some love
Yair Rodriguez
Jamahal Hill if he wasn't broken all the time
Cyrill Gane
Dustin Poirier

That's a pretty wild exaggeration.

So tell me then, what caused Ngannou to sniff crotch while having a busted up knee? Ngannou felt sorry for Gane and didn't want to snap his head off is all? LMAO

So tell me then, what caused Ngannou to sniff crotch while having a busted up knee? Ngannou felt sorry for Gane and didn't want to snap his head off is all? LMAO
Not sure what you are saying, or why you are bringing up homoerotic themes. Perhaps just stick to the subject.

Not sure what you are saying, or why you are bringing up homoerotic themes. Perhaps just stick to the subject.
So why did Ngannou turn into a crotch sniffer vs Gane? Quit come dodging the question.

Ryan Hall
Demian Maia
Royce Gracie
Colby Covington
Ronda Rousey

So why did Ngannou turn into a crotch sniffer vs Gane? Quit come dodging the question.
I already said why he grappled. Not sure what you are even saying. He was grappling because of an injury, not because he wasn't capable of beating Gane standing. That's pretty much common knowledge.

He's not gonna do near enough at his age to be considered one of the most successful UFC strikers ever.
I can see him being fast tracked like Poatan if his first couple fights are quick KO's.

I know it feels good for Gane fans to say that, but he was clearly injured in that fight. You can see it in the way he was standing and moving during the fight. It wasn't like Gane ever hurt him or gave him a reason to panic wrestle.
"Your top 5 UFC strikers considering ONLY how effective their striking is while in the UFC"

Fact is Gane outstruck Ngannou and everyone else he has faced, including Lewis who got the decision over Ngannou in a standup fight.

Gane is obviously the superior striker and a better candidate to list especially with your criteria being "how effective their striking is while in the UFC"
<WhatItIs>

Last edited:
Dillashaw and Aldo, it's a pity we never
got to see that fight.

Back