More than 200 civilians killed in US Airstrike in Iraq

One man approached a bag that contained the body of a pregnant woman, touched it, talked to it, then began to cry and wail. Civil defense workers had to lead him away.

After reading this i had to get up and hug my pregnant wife.

Horrible news.

Using human shields is one of the most evil things in this world.

I see alot of people on the right are pushing for eliminating muslims and stopping immigration, but rarely do I see them pushing for our troops to come back home and stop the campaign in the middle east.

That is kind of the problem to be fair. The middle east is already one huuuge mess and in chaos, just calling back the troops will cause even more chaos there. Isn't that what Trump bashed Obama for? "Creating ISIS" because they just left the region against advices from generals?

At this point I'm not even sure if there is a realistic, good solution.

I know that Rodrigo, the article can't keep it straight though, and fucking up simple shit like that kind of discredits it.

The article is quite straight, even more so if you go to the original where you have a picture saying airstrike in Mosul.

The only confusing part seems to be that it hit a street called Baghdad, but i dont see the issue with that, if LA times reports a fatal car accident in Washington Blvd, does that implies that it happened in Washington DC or Washington the State?

How is this in the US? ISIS took positions in a packed neighbourhood and then Iraqis called an airstrike on them.

Don't let FACTS get in the way of things used to hate on Trump or the US in general. Remember, the LIE comes first, but FACTS follow usually by a few days. A great phrase goes something like this : "Nothing is ever as worse as originally reported."

Seriously, the 4th post in this thread clearly outlines what you're saying, but people keep bypassing it so they can blame Trump and US for being horrible.

Edit: It was the 4th post, not the 2nd.

Don't let FACTS get in the way of things used to hate on Trump or the US in general. Remember, the LIE comes first, but FACTS follow usually by a few days. A great phrase goes something like this : "Nothing is ever as worse as originally reported."

Seriously, the 4th post in this thread clearly outlines what you're saying, but people keep bypassing it so they can blame Trump and US for being horrible.

Edit: It was the 4th post, not the 2nd.

The only thing i see that could be blamed on Trump is that Obama refused to assist the Iraqis a lot of times because the Iraqis could not guarantee the lives of civilians were not as risks.

It does kinda looks bad for the US to bomb 200 civilians because the Iraqis cant handle 3 snipers though.

The only thing i see that could be blamed on Trump is that Obama refused to assist the Iraqis a lot of times because the Iraqis could not guarantee the lives of civilians were not as risks.

It does kinda looks bad for the US to bomb 200 civilians because the Iraqis cant handle 3 snipers though.

Yeah, it's not on us, but it also is on us. They're our bombs, we have to have some responsibility for them. Also, we trained the Iraqi army, so we should know how capable or incapable they are.

But the blame doesn't really matter (and though the idea that Trump has been more lax with bombing is certainly alarming, I don't know how much to believe the NYTimes on that front; seems like they were fishing for that) because 200 people are dead and thousands of lives are ruined and this world can be a devastatingly shitty place.

Thats SOP for US forces. Whose playbook do you think those Iraqis are reading from? SOWT pipeline training included FAC work before the USAF consolidated it entirely in the TACP afsc and usage of air and artillery assets for dug in shooters is almost text book. I've seen an F16 sortie tasked out to bomb a single RPK in a fortified position (2 story building) so yeah, i totally see how and why this happened.

We don't know any facts yet. The US is investigating, so lets wait and see what comes from that investigation. We have to remember the locals, as well as the Iraqi military, are at war with ISIS. They're also at war with a differing sect of Islam, so they will treat those people as infidels with not thought to loss of life on either side. Some of the most fucked up people I have ever met were when I was in Iraq... their absolute lust affair for violence throughout their own religion is so ass backwards it's nauseating.

Anyways, I wasn't so much referring to you, but in this thread on the first page we have some of the usual idiots popping in to condemn the US and Trump. If they had actually read the OP (granted, it was long) they would have seen what you highlighted. Maybe then they would have been more upset with the Iraqi military than with Trump.

Either way the whole place is fucked and no matter what we do it's going to stay that way.

"Bomb the shit out of ISIS."

Gee, why hadn't we thought of that before?

Thats SOP for US forces. Whose playbook do you think those Iraqis are reading from? SOWT pipeline training included FAC work before the USAF consolidated it entirely in the TACP afsc and usage of air and artillery assets for dug in shooters is almost text book. I've seen an F16 sortie tasked out to bomb a single RPK in a fortified position (2 story building) so yeah, i totally see how and why this happened.

When you're on a public (non military) forum how about you go ahead and spell things out. I did 9 years in the Marine Corps and I don't know what half of that shit means. Still, a fortified position in a 2 story building is perfect for a bombing run... why the hell not? Unless you have direct fire assets readily available, ie Tanks, why not bomb the building? Lots of positions were setup as basically suicide IED traps. In Fallujah tons of insurgent positions were rigged to explode and bring the whole building down on top of people sent in to clear the building. It's the main reason why we (by we, I mean tanks) were given the order to start putting a few main gun rounds into each building before the grunts went into to clear the building.

But thats to protect US troops, the US shouldnt get its name smeared through the mud over an Iraqi civil war.

This is unavoidable when fighting ISIS jihadists. They will always use infidels or people the dont consider to be true believers as body shields. Whether it's shia muslims, christians or their pregnant women, it doesn't matter. They are on a mission from their God, and will surround themselves with innocents while waging their war because that's what makes them feel safe.

Dummies will blame Trump or America for this, while ignoring the basic truths. Islam is a religion of conquest, and if you are not a part of its army, you are an infidel and not really human. They have been doing shit like this for centuries, long before Trump or even America existed.

This is unavoidable when fighting ISIS jihadists. They will always use infidels or people the dont consider to be true believers as body shields. Whether it's shia muslims, christians or their pregnant women, it doesn't matter. They are on a mission from their God, and will surround themselves with innocents while waging their war because that's what makes them feel safe.

Dummies will blame Trump or America for this, while ignoring the basic truths. Islam is a religion of conquest, and if you are not a part of its army, you are an infidel and not really human. They have been doing shit like this for centuries, long before Trump or even America existed.

There's more truth in this than most people are comfortable acknowledging. Most people in the West have never seen this kind of religious insanity so they believe it couldn't possibly exist.

Back