More new millionaires, more wealth... why a taxcut?

Buffet plays games with that statement. He only took 80k in salary and the rest in stock options. And I'd venture a guess that his secretary only paid an effective tax rare of 11% or so.
Not really. He has said many times that we should increase taxes on capital gains.

Tax inequality is a real issue. People who are high earners pay a disproportionate amount of taxes. Even a flat tax system wouldn't fix the inequality as they would still pay too much. However with our crazy spending overseas and massive entitlements these taxes are necessary to cover the expenses. Until we stop policing the world and stop taking care of the lazy these immoral taxes are necessary.
@Greoric?

The arguments are back to “it will create economic growth”. We’re back to the trickle down bullshit that people never seem to learn from.

Wait, did the jfk and RR cuts not result in rebounds of economy?
What the fuck are you talking about with the last sentence?

Anyway, my point is the current proposals out there would raise taxes on people that contribute to a 401k plan and there’s no change for capital gains at this point. So I’m not sure what your angle is here.

Then why is he bringing up market gains in a tax cutting thread? My "angle" is he will be benefiting in income tax reduction that he may will reinvest into the market.

And my last line refers to you also benefiting from tax reductions but judging from your posting history you will be surely donating all your net gains from tax cuts back to society, correct?

Not really. He has said many times that we should increase taxes on capital gains.

But to act like he magically pays a lower rate than his secretary simply because he's rich instead of admitting that he structures his pay to purposely pay less taxes is disengenuous.

warren-buffett-9230729-1-402.jpg

But he doesn't he is an hypocrite, he takes advantage of the code like everyone else.

Did you know that there is a donation checkbox if he really felt like following through?

Tax inequality is a real issue. People who are high earners pay a disproportionate amount of taxes. Even a flat tax system wouldn't fix the inequality as they would still pay too much. However with our crazy spending overseas and massive entitlements these taxes are necessary to cover the expenses. Until we stop policing the world and stop taking care of the lazy these immoral taxes are necessary.

I don't support a flat tax, but how is it unfair?

But he doesn't he is an hypocrite, he takes advantage of the code like everyone else.

Did you know that there is a donation checkbox if he really felt like following through?

He could just take all of his pay upfront and then put it in the market after its taxed like most Americans.

Your post was accusing another poster of being a shill. I certainly commented on that.

I know that its hard to think without being able to post dicks to the face gifs but no you just made a personal attack

He could just take all of his pay upfront and then put it in the market after its taxed like most Americans.

He could just stop pandering to people and be honest

Exactly what a rational person would have done given the artificial interest rates, not market priced interest rates, set by the government that incorrectly priced risk as too low.

And the government needed a scapegoat. So they blamed "the bankers"

It's cute how you pretend that Greenspan and the bankers weren't in bed together.

It's cute how you pretend that Greenspan and the bankers weren't in bed together.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. If the game is set up that the government makes interest rates, the players are going to play by those rules. Targeting the players isn't rational. You need to change the game.

So you retract your previous post? Glad I could help.
No. In a game where the government has the power to set interest rates, you need to do what the banks do or you get crushed.

Making laws that target enforcement on banks isn't going to do anything.

It's like coming up with new ways to target the drug cartels. It never actually makes a dent on drug consumption.

You can't win the drug war. You can't win the fight-the-banks war.

Stop price fixing interest rates. Let the market set interest rates based on real-world risk and reward instead of political or corporate desires.

You don't price fix cars or food because the same shit would happen. So, stop price fixing interest rates.

No. In a game where the government has the power to set interest rates, you need to do what the banks do or you get crushed.

Making laws that target enforcement on banks isn't going to do anything.

It's like coming up with new ways to target the drug cartels. It never actually makes a dent on drug consumption.

You can't win the drug war. You can't win the fight-the-banks war.

Stop price fixing interest rates. Let the market set interest rates based on real-world risk and reward instead of political or corporate desires.

You don't price fix cars or food because the same shit would happen. So, stop price fixing interest rates.

This post would indicate to me that you have a puddle deep understanding of what actually led to the bank and housing collapse. A great example of ideology over facts.

Back