More new millionaires, more wealth... why a taxcut?

Are you attempting to point out the flaws of a 100% tax system?

I feel I should refer you to my what I propose "a tax system that is best for the nation as a whole?"

Your 100% tax proposal would kill the incentive to work, thus not only kill growth but also production, as such I do not support it. Clearly not best for the nation.

No, I'm just asking you axiomatically why it would be wrong for me take your things if I was to give it to people less well off than you?

Great, I didn't think you'd go along with that. Mind if I ask you why? You'd need the resources less than the people I'd give it to.

Are you under the assumption that I want rule based on an arbitrary concept of fairness?

I do not, thats Mike Sherry's idea.

Have a look at anything I have ever posted on tax, my only mentions of fairness is that it is a stupid idea.

I certainly want no people starving, if that is the question

Wouldn't that be the result of a tax system where everyone pays the same tax?

If we are to achieve true fairness in a tax system which does not consider the benefits derived from the nation than surely every citizen should pay the exact same amount. Logical result massive tax cut for the rich and ever growing upper upper class and poverty for the poor.

Quick calc us gov revenue was 3.18 trillon, works out at about $10,000 for every man woman and child.

Question like this is why I think using some concept of fairness in tax is silly and good of the nation is the only feasible method.

Are you under the assumption that I want rule based on an arbitrary concept of fairness?

I do not, thats Mike Sherry's idea.

Have a look at anything I have ever posted on tax, my only mentions of fairness is that it is a stupid idea.

Wouldn't that be the result of a tax system where everyone pays the same tax?

If we are to achieve true fairness in a tax system which does not consider the benefits derived from the nation than surely every citizen should pay the exact same amount. Logical result massive tax cut for the rich and ever growing upper upper class and poverty for the poor.

Quick calc us gov revenue was 3.18 trillon, works out at about $10,000 for every man woman and child.

Question like this is why I think using some concept of fairness in tax is silly and good of the nation is the only feasible method.
Same tax rate, not same tax. I feel that shouldnt need to be said but this post doesnt make me feel like it can go without saying.

The poorest earners in america are still kings compared to other countries. If they were taxed more to greatly benefit the poorest countries, how could you argue against that?

Same tax rate, not same tax. I feel that shouldnt need to be said but this post doesnt make me feel like it can go without saying.

The poorest earners in america are still kings compared to other countries. If they were taxed more to greatly benefit the poorest countries, how could you argue against that?

If the world was under one government it should be ruled for the benefit of that entity as a whole.

Now why same tax rate? Surely same amount is fairer if we ignore what benefits have been derived.

If we include benefits derived why not consider costs incurred in creating those benefits.

Will shall never agree on what fair is, its an abstract concept that can never be proven correct. Even the people who promote the idea of a fairness based system will not agree.

Back