Media Morales absolutely DWARFING Belal... How does he make 170?

Morales is pretty tall and out of camp so he’s probably a bit heavy there. I don’t think he’s huge for the weight class, but still a big dude.

He doesn’t have a fight scheduled, right? I wonder who he gets next. He’s been solid and wins over Matthews and Griffin are good.

I laughed at those squats in the end. Half of those guys aren’t even half assing it, just straight faking. Even Belal with his unbreakable work ethic is kind of going through the motions

<36>

Belal is a manlet. He is legitimately 5'8".

jsak0x6q1fu91.jpg

Screenshot-20240129-043157.png

How are these 2 in the same division LMFAOOOOOOOOO they look 1-2 weight classes apart

Morales is a very big, athletic and young WW. Belal has always been a medium WW and he's old. Burns and Colby are even smaller however.

I laughed at those squats in the end. Half of those guys aren’t even half assing it, just straight faking. Even Belal with his unbreakable work ethic is kind of going through the motions
As they should. As a martial art practitioner most combat sport coaches know jack shit about S&C, and on top of that will kill your recovery with hundred reps of basic exercise like pushups, crunches, plank, squats, burpees etc. just to "toughen you up mentally".

Thing is if you're a guy that keeps in shape and works out seriously it does nothing except waste time that could be dedicated to drilling techniques or sparring. Hate that silliness but you have to go with it, from what I can tell it's the exact same mentality everywhere

As they should. As a martial art practitioner most combat sport coaches know jack shit about S&C, and on top of that will kill your recovery with hundred reps of basic exercise like pushups, crunches, plank, squats, burpees etc. just to "toughen you up mentally".

Thing is if you're a guy that keeps in shape and works out seriously it does nothing except waste time that could be dedicated to drilling techniques or sparring. Hate that silliness but you have to go with it, from what I can tell it's the exact same mentality everywhere

i don't get why people don't just steal the Marinovich's methods. that shit works. the only S&C MMA coach i know who has adopted some of their methods is Nick Curson and he did a great job of transforming RDA and Werdum into world champion fighters with just his S&C.

i don't get why people don't just steal the Marinovich's methods. that shit works. the only S&C MMA coach i know who has adopted some of their methods is Nick Curson and he did a great job of transforming RDA and Werdum into world champion fighters with just his S&C.

I don't know enough about their methods, only that they did BJ Penn a whole lot of good.

Honestly boxing and BJJ and MMA coaches and such shouldn't be blamed for not knowing jack shit about S&C, it's not their job. Those guys are lifelong experts in their art and that's more than enough to do what's expected from them : teach their combat sport and have results in competition. They're extremely good at that.

The problem is none of them will admit that they don't know shit about S&C and will make you do hundreds of pushups and planks and burpees for no reason apart "being tough mentally". Well that messes up with all my workout that are well programmed because it clearly has an impact on recovery.

Plus we come here for boxing or muay thai or MMA, why after a 30mn warm up must we do a 30mn physical training at the end of each session, let us drill techniques or spar instead of that. Wasted time

How are these 2 in the same division LMFAOOOOOOOOO they look 1-2 weight classes apart

Will you ever grow up and realize that there are different body types?
Morales is slender, Bella is stocky.
There are plenty of 6'2" and taller WWs.

I don't know enough about their methods, only that they did BJ Penn a whole lot of good.

Honestly boxing and BJJ and MMA coaches and such shouldn't be blamed for not knowing jack shit about S&C, it's not their job. Those guys are lifelong experts in their art and that's more than enough to do what's expected from them : teach their combat sport and have results in competition. They're extremely good at that.

The problem is none of them will admit that they don't know shit about S&C and will make you do hundreds of pushups and planks and burpees for no reason apart "being tough mentally". Well that messes up with all my workout that are well programmed because it clearly has an impact on recovery.

Plus we come here for boxing or muay thai or MMA, why after a 30mn warm up must we do a 30mn physical training at the end of each session, let us drill techniques or spar instead of that. Wasted time
These two posts of yours make a valid point.

Those kind of classes work for your random hobbyist BJJ practitioner. I know they did work for me when I trained since I didn’t have any S&C program going.

So my question is why do those coaches make that a part of the class (for pros and other advanced practitioners)? They will obviously work on their S&C and will do that on a different session. Why mix it with striking/grappling/MMA sessions? Are those coaches just that blind? I know we are generalizing here, obviously not every coach & gym does this

<{Joewithit}>

Doing all that messes up their recovery and half assing it like that is just a waste of time and not a good look. I don’t see the W here

Belal is built like a barrel. Just a really densely built guy.

Also when someone looks huge for their weight division a lot of times they have fairly skinny legs or a deceptively narrow/small frame.

Were those squats or deads?

Back