MOONBASE BY 2022 FOR $10 BILLION, SAYS NASA

Six years from now will any of you even remember this if NASA quietly cancels it's plans? Anyone can make an announcement and say "we're going to establish a full time moon base" actually following through with the plans are another different thing altogether. Anyone gullible enough to believe people went to the moon in 1969 but haven't been back since aren't thinking things out fully.

Six years from now will any of you even remember this if NASA quietly cancels it's plans? Anyone can make an announcement and say "we're going to establish a full time moon base" actually following through with the plans are another different thing altogether. Anyone gullible enough to believe people went to the moon in 1969 but haven't been back since aren't thinking things out fully.

get out of my thread you fucking half wit. This is for smart people who understand science, not for you. i dont need you clogging it up with your horse shit

Sounds like a steal.

Then we can start arming moon terrorists to fight the moon russians and get this ball rolling up there too.

mooninites.gif

PUT IT ON THE GLASS

We'd have to fuck it up pretty bad to have it create changes on Earth. I suppose if we KOed it from orbit the ocean tides would stop, the oceans would become stagnant, and all hell would break loose, but other than that it is hard to imagine what we could do up there that would cause more than aesthetic damage, like turn it brown, or have human made structures visible on it.

Still would have solar tides -- but they would only be 40% of what they are now.

The real issue would be axial tilting - we could go for 0 - 80 at different points which would cause effects like no seasons, to each hemisphere having only sunlight for 6 months

We'd have to fuck it up pretty bad to have it create changes on Earth. I suppose if we KOed it from orbit the ocean tides would stop, the oceans would become stagnant, and all hell would break loose, but other than that it is hard to imagine what we could do up there that would cause more than aesthetic damage, like turn it brown, or have human made structures visible on it.

I, admittedly, don't have great faith in our understanding of the potential impacts when juxtaposed against the short term economic gains.

For example, how much/little impact before we start affecting the tides here?

I, admittedly, don't have great faith in our understanding of the potential impacts when juxtaposed against the short term economic gains.

You would have to move an incredible, incredible amount of mass to really affect the tides on earth -- like talking 100 quintillion of kgs before we would even reduce tides my a millimeter + for stuff we do mine on earth like titanium and iron we can do on the moon without the CO2 emissions / polluting of the earth.

Edit** although, we would also have to launch more heavy rockets into space -- that would increase emissions on that end.

Last edited:
Let's get the men back on the moon and out of the women's restrooms.

The one thing that's missing for the US and Trump to really pour money into moon and Mars missions is...

...a credible opponent imo. If China or Russia really stepped up, it may again lead to a space race. But I do not see it coming.

To me it feels like decades were lost with the exclusive focus on the Shuttle program and LEO. Man landed on the moon with 1 Megahertz of computing power. Nowadays we LOST the ability to do so. It seems insane.

Has to be a typo. $100 billion is more likely

get out of my thread you fucking half wit. This is for smart people who understand science, not for you. i dont need you clogging it up with your horse shit
So you own this thread now? Tell me how does it make sense that the US allegedly went to the moon in 1969 but no country has been out of low Earth orbit with human beings since the last moon landing in the 70's? But now all of a sudden a moon base is going to be on the moon by 2022 but no man has left low Earth orbit since the 70's.

So you own this thread now? Tell me how does it make sense that the US allegedly went to the moon in 1969 but no country has been out of low Earth orbit with human beings since the last moon landing in the 70's? But now all of a sudden a moon base is going to be on the moon by 2022 but no man has left low Earth orbit since the 70's.

15284822_10209267075406223_5333426148391996461_n.jpg

go make a thread giving us more facts on how stupid you are.

that will be all, thanks

The one thing that's missing for the US and Trump to really pour money into moon and Mars missions is...

...a credible opponent imo. If China or Russia really stepped up, it may again lead to a space race. But I do not see it coming.

To me it feels like decades were lost with the exclusive focus on the Shuttle program and LEO. Man landed on the moon with 1 Megahertz of computing power. Nowadays we LOST the ability to do so. It seems insane.

So far trump decided that boosting the military is more important. He shouldn't have touched it just cut some programs. If he doesn't give NASA a massive boost in funds and instead boosts the defense spending ill be absolutely pissed.

The moon doesn't really spark the imagination anymore.

The same goes for many of our actions here. Long term, if our species is to survive and thrive, it is going to be because we can generate resources off planet. We are humans, it is just not in us to live in balance with nature. To me, whatever risk there is in space exploitation is massively outweighed by the risk of not doing it. There are too many of us and we consume too much to continue to shit where we eat.

The same goes for many of our actions here. Long term, if our species is to survive and thrive, it is going to be because we can generate resources off planet. We are humans, it is just not in us to live in balance with nature. To me, whatever risk there is in space exploitation is massively outweighed by the risk of not doing it. There are too many of us and we consume too much to continue to shit where we eat.

besides we need to actually do it this time.

we had so many plans to back in the day, an never did the,

Is this the price for an actual base on the moon, or the price for a base in a movie studio?

it would have been a fucking awesome shuttle. im really tired of these assholes in congress thinking they know better, that wasnt even near 10 billion but it was needed, i fucking cant stand how congressmen dont understand that developing new technology takes time to mature
When Dubya cancelled the Constellation program, NASA was building a rocket test pad in Mississippi. After the program was cancelled, they no longer needed the pad but congress made them finish it.

Back