MOONBASE BY 2022 FOR $10 BILLION, SAYS NASA

10 billion seems way too cheap. Add two more zeroes and I'd believe it.

Anyway, launching from the moon is the most feasible way to send people to Mars. Or to mine asteroids or whatever.

I'm all for it.

10 billion seems way too cheap. Add two more zeroes and I'd believe it.

Anyway, launching from the moon is the most feasible way to send people to Mars. Or to mine asteroids or whatever.

I'm all for it.

I agree that the 10 billion seems too low.

Trump seems to be talking up the space program. What better way to prove American exceptionalism then build a big ass American moon base.

But if you create jobs on the moon do they count as domestic?

Should take that 10 billion and develop a 21st century space shuttle. Fuck a base that will probably spend most of its time being uninhabited.

There WILL be a lunar base.. But it doesn't take "good old American know how". The residents of that base will speak Chinese, or Japanese, or French, whatever.
Do we want to simply cede control of the Moon to other countries?
I say "Fuck that."
The Moon wants to have Americans crawling all over it.

A moon base is only possible in DONALDS TRUMP'S AMERICA

I'm fucking in

We spend way more than that on moronic shit, I want this way more than I want foreign aid to other countries for example

NASA is being very smart here. The public and the politicians don't care that much about probes sent to Mars every few years. They want things like this. A moonbase might be a yuuuge enough goal to get backing from the Donald.

I like the idea but then part of me worries about what happens here if we fuck up the moon somehow?

I like the idea but then part of me worries about what happens here if we fuck up the moon somehow?
We'd have to fuck it up pretty bad to have it create changes on Earth. I suppose if we KOed it from orbit the ocean tides would stop, the oceans would become stagnant, and all hell would break loose, but other than that it is hard to imagine what we could do up there that would cause more than aesthetic damage, like turn it brown, or have human made structures visible on it.

p30387_p_v8_aa.jpg

Make it happen.

Lmao....more like a 100 billion

naa we've come a long way since the 60s. We'd be able to get it done real quick, since its the heluim 3 deposits that would really kick shit off in the states. considering the development of fusion

Trump seems to be talking up the space program. What better way to prove American exceptionalism then build a big ass American moon base.

But if you create jobs on the moon do they count as domestic?

lets put this way, you would produce jobs on the moon if you consider all the rare metals and under ground water on the under lunar surface.

Should take that 10 billion and develop a 21st century space shuttle. Fuck a base that will probably spend most of its time being uninhabited.

We havent had a real successor to the space shuttle yet. There were 2 but where cancled

look up the VentureStar and X-33

They do it not for money but to make murica great again, and fame.

Back