Monthly where is Ben Askren thread

YesMySon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the true ww champion holding the lineal title in 2 organizations.

I've heard of several sightings around the great plains. Nocturnal? Radar imagine yielded no results.

when is he fighting again?

just checked onefc, no fights lined up for him

How many more fights does he have on his contract in ONE?

guy ruined his own boring career, who cares where he is.

Monthly "no one cares" response.

He should have a fight announced this week but he is also doing a Polaris submission grappling main event in April so who knows when ONE fight will end up taking place.

Since Sapo missed weight and later refused to make 190 on the day of the fight, leading to Ben-Sapo II's cancellation, Sapo's been given one more chance to make weight before he gets another shot at the title. ONE's saving Asukuren for one of their cards in the Philippines or Singapore (there's no announcement about that, but, based on their history, it's what's gonna happen-- it's either there or somewhere in China), so, assuming Sapo makes weight, wins, and makes a quick turnaround, he could be fighting again in April or May. In the interim, however, Asukuren's been left without a challenger lined up.
ONE's signed a few welterweights over the last few months-- Nikolay Aleksakhin, Kim Dae-Ryeong and Djatmiko Waluyo, and Igor Svirid expressed interest last year in dropping down a division to fight Ben, so, assuming Sapo doesn't make a quick turnaround and ONE doesn't bring someone else in to fight him, there are some options for him just within ONE's current borders. Those guys are all investments, though, and Svirids coming off a loss, so it would be premature to give them to Askren yet, and either way, they'd probably bring somebody in to fight Ben if they can't put the Santos rematch together around by April or May.
Anyways, he's currently focusing on his weekly wrestling podcast (the T-row and Funky show), running his wrestling academy, coaching kids in the fine art of scholastic wrasslin', and, of course, training.

How many more fights does he have on his contract in ONE?

The contract was for six fights (three have already happened), but he's said the champion's clause is kicked in now, so he's gonna be in ONE for a while. He's happy with it, though, and I like ONE, so I'm happy about it.

In response to someone saying punk got into UFC and Askren didn't

"Its okay I need more experience" lol at least he has a sense of humor about it

Asukuren's hilarious.

guy ruined his own boring career

Since Sapo missed weight and later refused to make 190 on the day of the fight, leading to Ben-Sapo II's cancellation, Sapo's been given one more chance to make weight before he gets another shot at the title. ONE's saving Asukuren for one of their cards in the Philippines or Singapore (there's no announcement about that, but, based on their history, it's what's gonna happen-- it's either there or somewhere in China), so, assuming Sapo makes weight, wins, and makes a quick turnaround, he could be fighting again in April or May. In the interim, however, Asukuren's been left without a challenger lined up.
ONE's signed a few welterweights over the last few months-- Nikolay Aleksakhin, Kim Dae-Ryeong and Djatmiko Waluyo, and Igor Svirid expressed interest last year in dropping down a division to fight Ben, so, assuming Sapo doesn't make a quick turnaround and ONE doesn't bring someone else in to fight him, there are some options for him just within ONE's current borders.

So you think Santos next? About a month ago he was implying he has an opponent all set and its just waiting to be announced.

ONE's signed a few welterweights over the last few months-- Nikolay Aleksakhin, Kim Dae-Ryeong and Djatmiko Waluyo, and Igor Svirid expressed interest last year in dropping down a division to fight Ben, so, assuming Sapo doesn't make a quick turnaround and ONE doesn't bring someone else in to fight him, there are some options for him just within ONE's current borders. Those guys are all investments, though, and Svirids coming off a loss, so it would be premature to give them to Askren yet, and either way, they'd probably bring somebody in to fight Ben if they can't put the Santos rematch together around by April or May.
Anyways, he's currently focusing on his weekly wrestling podcast (the T-row and Funky show), running his wrestling academy, coaching kids in the fine art of scholastic wrasslin', and, of course, training.

The contract was for six fights (three have already happened), but he's said the champion's clause is kicked in now, so he's gonna be in ONE for a while. He's happy with it, though, and I like ONE, so I'm happy about it.

Asukuren's hilarious.

Yeah were talking about his fighting career. Not how much he makes.

Last I heard he was surfing and banging hot chicks....

Oh wait, wrong thread.

So you think Santos next? About a month ago he was implying he has an opponent all set and its just waiting to be announced.

If it's not Santos after his fight in a couple weeks, it's either someone they're bringing in or probably Nikolay.
I'm fine with any of those options.

Asukuren's hilarious.
Define "hilarious."

I have yet to find anything he said or any of his tweets to be relatively funny.

Most of his tweets just come off as someone who's frustrated they didn't get an offer from the UFC and tries to bash everything related to them whenever the chance arises.

His fan base which is leaded by FrontRowBrian who worship every step he takes is pretty bizarre too.

Define "hilarious."

I have yet to find anything he said or any of his tweets to be relatively funny.

That's because you have a terrible sense of humor, clearly.

Cant blame Askren for taking the money but this is the result of that, nobody cares about him.

Only time people talk about him is when he shits on Hendricks on twitter.

And If I'm Hendricks I simply respond like this, Fitch, Kos, Kampmann, Condit, GSP, Lawler, Brown, Wonderboy

Who you fighting Ben?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back