Montana GOP candidate makes a big push the night before special election by body slamming reporter.

I actually expected different from the War Room after all of those ANTIFA threads where liberals being violent in the face of peaceful opposition were rightfully being lambasted. But then I open this thread and suddenly violence in the face of peaceful opposition is a good thing.
lol @ you for expecting different

LOL @ "body slam".

Not that it would make it much better for the candidate, but it sounds like the guy was just shoved around, and had his glasses broken. I somehow doubt he was picked up and slammed Hulk Hogan styles.

Although, it is a funny visual, and even funnier that the media is playing up the "body-slam" aspect.

DAuarOlUAAA9oaI.jpg

I actually expected different from the War Room after all of those ANTIFA threads where liberals being violent in the face of peaceful opposition were rightfully being lambasted. But then I open this thread and suddenly violence in the face of peaceful opposition is a good thing.
I believe mind numbing hypocrisy is one of the new pillars of the Republican party and it's affiliates.

Having lived in Montana for 12 years I know that nearly everyone carries lol. Either on themselves or in their vehicles.

Should he be shot? No. Body slammed I see nothing wrong with. Gotta set the bar right out the gate.

lol I just glanced at this post and assumed you were talking about Jacobs shooting Gianforte in self defense.

I believe mind numbing hypocrisy is one of the new pillars of the Republican party and it's affiliates.

To be honest it just looks like a general problem to me now. Most arguments around here tend to devolve into "but remember when you said..." pretty quickly.

lol @ you for expecting different

Deserved.

You don't have to care about everyone to understand the dangers of condoning violence against the press. That's the kind of shit that happens in 3rd world dictatorships or you know Russia...

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2016/jan/04/does-vladimir-putin-kill-journalists/

Combining data from two nonprofits that records violations of press rights (the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists and the Moscow-based Glasnost Defense Foundation), we found that at least 34 journalists have been murdered in Russia since 2000.

(This tally only includes deaths confirmed or likely to be work-related homicides committed in Russia. It doesn’t include murders where the motives are unclear, or journalists killed in war and on other dangerous assignments, like covering the mob or riots.)

LOL @ "body slam".

Not that it would make it much better for the candidate, but it sounds like the guy was just shoved around, and had his glasses broken. I somehow doubt he was picked up and slammed Hulk Hogan styles.

Although, it is a funny visual, and even funnier that the media is playing up the "body-slam" aspect.
A witness says he was slammed to the ground and punched, breaking his glasses in the process. The funny visual is you trying to make anything other than a troll post, useless fuck.

A witness says he was slammed to the ground and punched, breaking his glasses in the process. The funny visual is you trying to make anything other than a troll post, useless fuck.

Would you like a hug?

Gianforte won by 6%, Trump won Montana by 20% a mere seven months ago. Zinke won re-election for this seat by 16 points seven months ago.

As a Dem I'm getting tired of moral victory losses in these special elections, but these numbers matter. Trump took House Reps from ruby red districts and outside dark money was 9-to-1 in favor of Gianforte -

So a 9:1 spending edge to win a seat by 6 points that was won by 16 points in 2016 while Trump won the state by 20.

You guys love these statistics. Bribe money is like yards gained in America.

You don't have to care about everyone to understand the dangers of condoning violence against the press. That's the kind of shit that happens in 3rd world dictatorships or you know Russia...

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2016/jan/04/does-vladimir-putin-kill-journalists/

Combining data from two nonprofits that records violations of press rights (the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists and the Moscow-based Glasnost Defense Foundation), we found that at least 34 journalists have been murdered in Russia since 2000.

(This tally only includes deaths confirmed or likely to be work-related homicides committed in Russia. It doesn’t include murders where the motives are unclear, or journalists killed in war and on other dangerous assignments, like covering the mob or riots.)
Sweet dude. The man got a misdeminor assault charge. Did Putin or anyone that killed those journalist get arrested or charged with anything. It's not like the man assaulted this dude and law enforcement was all like "we can't touch this dude" or "we didn't see a thing, don't know what your talking about."

No.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott joked about shooting journalists while visiting a gun range on Friday to sign a bill lowering the cost of a handgun license, drawing criticism from gun-safety and free-press advocates who called his remarks "dangerous."

Abbott signed the bill at an indoor gun range in Austin, the state capital, then demonstrated his own shooting skills at an upstairs firing gallery before holding up his bullet-pocked target and quipping, "I'm gonna carry this around in case I see any reporters."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-governor-guns-idUSKBN18N009?il=0

Super.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott joked about shooting journalists while visiting a gun range on Friday to sign a bill lowering the cost of a handgun license, drawing criticism from gun-safety and free-press advocates who called his remarks "dangerous."

Abbott signed the bill at an indoor gun range in Austin, the state capital, then demonstrated his own shooting skills at an upstairs firing gallery before holding up his bullet-pocked target and quipping, "I'm gonna carry this around in case I see any reporters."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-governor-guns-idUSKBN18N009?il=0

Super.
Well... They have fair warning.

He was already engaged with another, scheduled interview when approached. I read more than one version and despite what happened after, the crew there didn't dispute that point. The guy was a hit man looking for a hit piece.
And "as if that even exists"?
LMFAO!!!
I know a professional SPORTS writer personally that I grew up with. He said he (as a conservative) can't even say anything (this is back to 2000 election, not just recent times) or he would lose his job and that 98% of everyone in media is a liberal cuck. He's all over the country and has dealt with all facets of media, print, radio and TV. I'll take the word of someone I've know for 35+ years over your "as if it even exists" BS, thank you very much.
Absurd.

It didn't sound like that in the audio at all. There was no 'deft deflection' as you said, Gianforte did not give any reply to the reporter's question. He very clearly tried to avoid answering anything about the CBO report on Trumpcare and attacked the reporter almost immediately. The reason is obvious since the CBO report on Trump's healthcare and tax cuts say they can't pay for themselves.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...io-last-minute-gianforte-attack-ad/345329001/

The conservative media has gone much further to the right for decades and its gone worse now with sites like Breitbart. 'Liberal' media outlets like CNN are criticized for being too biased but thats only mostly true on issues of civil rights and not on the important stuff like economic issues eg free market policies and globalization.

I doubt your friend has a problem saying 'anything' unless he shares the same boorish behavior as Roger Ailes or O'Reilly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back