Monogamy May Be Even More Difficult For Women Than it Is For Men

We are not designed to be monogamous sexually.

Different/New people giving you attention makes you feel good. shocker

Without the proper education and choices, we are designed to kill our rivals, enslave or murder their progeny, and mate with their women to their shame.

I somehow think we can do better.

Women are programed to mate with the alpha male and then get a beta to take care of the children. You see it in apes. It's not exactly the same with humans, but there is still some left over from our common ancestors.

I read in one of Sapolsky's books about how female baboons often provoke two alpha male baboon suitors to fight, and then while they and the rest of the troop are distracted with the fight, she goes off into the bushes and bangs the baboon she really wants.

Source of correlation?

He is kind of right in a primitive sense.

If your culture becomes about struggling and protecting mates, having a big jutting chin, a lot of weight to throw around, and pecs of steel are going to make the womenfolk hot.

If your culture is say, based on education, then girls start to get hot for some sensitive, pretty boy who reads books and sings songs.

With all variation of women and their desires between them.

Because people are very, very complicated - there are no concrete values in this, only shifts as we individually and collectively make decisions, and change for the better, or be proud and indignant of the worst.

He is kind of right in a primitive sense.

If your culture becomes about struggling and protecting mates, having a big jutting chin, a lot of weight to throw around, and pecs of steel are going to make the womenfolk hot.

If your culture is say, based on education, then girls start to get hot for some sensitive, pretty boy who reads books and sings songs.

With all variation of women and their desires between them.

Because people are very, very complicated - there are no concrete values in this, only shifts as we individually and collectively make decisions, and change for the better, or be proud and indignant of the worst.

Source?

There is a correlation actually: the weaker the man in society the more whore-ish women are. And well T has been dropping since the 80s.
Women not only don't respect, but outright despise men who they see as weak. Unfortunately for many idiotic women they misinterpret kindness as weakness. Same goes for many dudes as well, but they're easier to set straight.

Women are programed to mate with the alpha male and then get a beta to take care of the children. You see it in apes. It's not exactly the same with humans, but there is still some left over from our common ancestors.

Humans went the other way quite often, and that's why we got smarter. The "alpha" was a big dumb idiot who wasn't very thoughtful.. Some human-like primate females liked screwing somebody besides the alpha. Women like generic diversity, and the system of 'only the alpha breeds" isn't very sexy in that it doesn't increase genetic diversity.

Women like males that were good talkers, or good at random things.. This grew our brains.

Source of correlation?

Low T will make your Asian wife Jump on BWC... yo.

Use your brain man, it’s obvious.

Without the proper education and choices, we are designed to kill our rivals, enslave or murder their progeny, and mate with their women to their shame.

I somehow think we can do better.

Are you a Christian? Just curious.

Last edited:
As someone who studies cultural for a living - it is absolutely true if you have moral and cultural reasons for women to be loyal.

If you bombard them with JUST DO IT messages everywhere, then the modern "loyalty for thee, not for me..." attitude of many men dissipates, and she will look for her inner animal to slip from the pages of her romance novel, into the lap of your brothers.
Studies cultures for a living? Tell me more. You have my undivided attention.

Low T will make you Asian wife Jump on BWC... yo.

Use your brain man, it’s obvious.

....... but I'm white.

Also, Source? I am aware actual Asians like white people but that's a culture thing.

Are a Christian? Just curious.

No, not at all, I would never be that wise.

Luckily, Christ was very interested in me, and made me Christian.

All semi-jokes aside, absolutely. I, to most people, shockingly believe 100% in interstellar space zombies and cosmic desert magic.

Nature conspires against monogamy.
Nature does not give a frick about monogamy.
Nature wants us to propagate the species and for the healthiest specimens amongst us to have the most success.

That is the biggest consistency across all species.

I will never forget the Nova (?) special I saw on one of those nature shows that was on Sperm wars. They had discovered that the before thought of as lazy or retarded sperm that make up about 2/3rds of most men ejaculant actually were not just lazy or retarded. They initially thought that as these sperms either did not go anywhere and just sat still or they went in all different directions but towards the egg which is obviously the goal. If you have too many of these sperm you will struggle to get your female pregnant because they are not seeking the egg.

But what they discovered was that these sperm served a very key function. They were blocking sperm and attacking sperm and when new sperm were introduced into the canal they became very active. They would attack the new sperm like they would an egg, and try to penetrate and thereby kill them.

So male evolution was such that for the most successful breeders to pass on their jeans you had to leave about 2/3rds of your load behind to guard against the next male, certain to come in soon thereafter.

They also speculated that was in large part why guys, after orgasming tend to want to sleep right away and women end up wide awake and typically want to talk and od more. The guy is supposed to go to sleep and the woman is supposed to go seek other guys to 'talk' to.

So ya, evolution figured out long ago that neither of us will naturally be monogamous. It is something we must override as intellectual creatures and decide we want or it won't happen.

Monogamy benefits women more than men. If you wanna sleep around, just say so and you'll be treated accordingly. Suggesting women should not be whores is for their benefit, and more importantly children's, not men's. It's not men who pressure women to get married and have kids. Men get burned by divorce far more than women, so if they just want meaningless sex, most men would happily do that for them and save the time and money spent on relationships.

Kind of sounds like this author just wanted to do some whorin' and is trying to justify it with bizarre assumptions and shoddy research, and did say that the book was spawned by her own desire to bang randos while being married with children. That women cheat 40% more in the last 2 decades doesn't indicate any evolutionary need. Evolution didn't start in the 90s.

Greetings from sunny Shenzhen.

What can I do for you, friend?
Well, I suppose you could write me a book on if, or how, culture is an expression of a people's identity, on if you think there's a hierarchy as far as benefits to society, or just exactly what culture is. Not too much to ask, is it?:D

But in the interest of not derailing yet another thread I'd be happy if you could point me in the right direction as far as light but worthwhile reading on the topic. The clash of cultures and (in my opinion) the failure of multiculturalism fascinate me. Cheers from dreadful, cold and rainy Calgary!

So male evolution was such that for the most successful breeders to pass on their jeans you had to leave about 2/3rds of your load behind to guard against the next male, certain to come in soon thereafter.

They also speculated that was in large part why guys, after orgasming tend to want to sleep right away and women end up wide awake and typically want to talk and od more. The guy is supposed to go to sleep and the woman is supposed to go seek other guys to 'talk' to.

So ya, evolution figured out long ago that neither of us will naturally be monogamous. It is something we must override as intellectual creatures and decide we want or it won't happen.

That's horribly circumstantial, as well, is refuted or at least diminished by other evolutionary studies.

For example - after a man orgasms he has boost of estrogen which makes him more sensitive, and after a woman orgasms she has a boost of testosterone which makes her more confident... which scientists stipulate means that evolutionary-ly speaking nature "wanted" man to care for woman, and woman to bond with man to better watch after -their- offspring.

Does that mean the other theory is wrong? Quite possibly. Does that mean that both theories might be true but part of a more complicated situation? Quite possibly.

Does this mean that all evolutionary science is very, very subjective and amounts to a lot of scientific guessing most of the time for publishing and publicity? Absolutely.

Humanity, or H. Sapiens if you prefer, adheres poorly to the scientific method due to things like free will and so many variations of thought, yet, where there is something that is undecided, or uncertain, there will be a study, results, ECT. and we will read them on Yahoo news and many will say, "Ah ha! So that is the answer..." when in fact that is not how it works, I used fooled many times by that kind of pattern until later in graduate school and in analyzing studies.

This kind of science is subjective, often contradictory, and a side effect of trying to funnel the enormity of human existence into a type of power-aide for the public news story that "explains" things, when it does not.

Nature conspires against monogamy.
Nature does not give a frick about monogamy.
Nature wants us to propagate the species and for the healthiest specimens amongst us to have the most success.

That is the biggest consistency across all species.

I will never forget the Nova (?) special I saw on one of those nature shows that was on Sperm wars. They had discovered that the before thought of as lazy or retarded sperm that make up about 2/3rds of most men ejaculant actually were not just lazy or retarded. They initially thought that as these sperms either did not go anywhere and just sat still or they went in all different directions but towards the egg which is obviously the goal. If you have too many of these sperm you will struggle to get your female pregnant because they are not seeking the egg.

But what they discovered was that these sperm served a very key function. They were blocking sperm and attacking sperm and when new sperm were introduced into the canal they became very active. They would attack the new sperm like they would an egg, and try to penetrate and thereby kill them.

Not sure I buy the 'women want to go find another guy while the one she had sex with just went to sleep' angle, and instead women tend to bond emotionally, but either way I think you are missing an entire half of the equation, which is the point of mating to begin with, and that is children.

Monogamy provides a stable unit to raise children and raises the success of the child. Women want that stability and having a 'nesting' instinct also and look for a man that can offer that.

Human babies are helpless and need a lot of focus for quite a long time relative to animals.

That's horribly circumstantial, as well, is refuted or at least diminished by other evolutionary studies.

For example - after a man orgasms he has boost of estrogen which makes him more sensitive, and after a woman orgasms she has a boost of testosterone which makes her more confident... which scientists stipulate means that evolutionary-ly speaking nature "wanted" man to care for woman, and woman to bond with man to better watch after -their- offspring.

Does that mean the other theory is wrong? Quite possibly. Does that mean that both theories might be true but part of a more complicated situation? Quite possibly.

Does this mean that all evolutionary science is very, very subjective and amounts to a lot of scientific guessing most of the time for publishing and publicity? Absolutely.

Humanity, or H. Sapiens if you prefer, adheres poorly to the scientific method due to things like free will and so many variations of thought, yet, where there is something that is undecided, or uncertain, there will be a study, results, ECT. and we will read them on Yahoo news and many will say, "Ah ha! So that is the answer..." when in fact that is not how it works, I used fooled many times by that kind of pattern until later in graduate school and in analyzing studies.

This kind of science is subjective, often contradictory, and a side effect of trying to funnel the enormity of human existence into a type of power-aide for the public news story that "explains" things, when it does not.
I don't think anything you wrote there contradicts what I wrote.

Yes the mother needs a provider and care giver in a spouse and she will tend to PARTNER with that guy who is willing. But that does not mean that nature does not want her STILL to seek out the healthiest sperm as historically he would never know it was not his kid.

What nature does not want is for high value women to be impregnated or worse yet, end up with a low level guy who cannot impregnate her. It wants that competition and may the best sperm win, but the most caring spouse care for that child, his or not.

Back