Social Modern Love, When a 'boyfriend' joins the 'marriage'

So your argument is that divorce shouldnt ever exist?

The article is clear that the husband and the wife arent romantically involved, they are only legally married but they dont consider each other partners anymore.

The alternatives are

a) Live a fake marriage full or resentment and frustrations "for the kids"

b) Divorce, dad moves out, boyfriend moves in. Sees dad only on weekends, kid may resent mom's boyfriend.

c) Split up, each sleeps on their own room. Boyfriends and girlfriends are kept on the side and minimally involved with the house and their kids, boyfriends and girlfriends may resent the fact that they are kept on the side and not involved in their full lives.

People talking about cucks when the article is quite clear that they split up a long time ago and are just living together for the kid.

huh? I haven't a clue why you'd jump to divorce not existing being something I am advocating based on what I posted. Major communication failure.

I know very little about the particulars of the article. I haven't read it and don't plan to, so I will defer to you on those details.

Normally people split up if they want to take other partners obviously. Living together with your wifes lover seems worse to me and much more confusing, but maybe it works for them and the kid, who knows. The options you listed aren't great, and the others would be to try to work the relationship out and not be resentful or anything like that, but that is not always possible.

Yes, all gay men are weak and sensitive. That's not at all just a stereotype. lol

I dont go around calling all gay men weak or sensitive. If I hear somebody is gay and I know nothing else, I will assume them to be those things. Just like I would a cuck. Not sure what is weird about that? The numbers are clearly on my side

Normally people split up if they want to take other partners obviously. Living together with your wifes lover seems worse to me and much more confusing, but maybe it works for them and the kid, who knows. The options you listed aren't great, and the others would be to try to work the relationship out and not be resentful or anything like that, but that is not always possible.

The article made it clear that the wife and husband were done for, but they didnt want to go through a divorce and have the kid suffer missing one parent from their lives.

The arrangement was that they would be roommates, the wife wanted to move his boyfriend in after a few years, the dad said that he wanted to split but decided otherwise because he didnt wanted to abandon his kid, so they certainly felt awkward but overall managed to work it out.

OP is clearly misleading everyone, claiming that the wife brought a dude to live in polygamy when the article makes it clear that the wife and husband arent involved romantically for over a decade.

I'll agree they aren't. They are actually pretty callous and insensitive a lot of the time.

Mostly they tend to be arrogant sarcastic bitches.

But I do know a few who are cool.

Yes, all gay men are weak and sensitive. That's not at all just a stereotype. lol

s0208.gif
rolleyes.gif

I dont go around calling all gay men weak or sensitive. If I hear somebody is gay and I know nothing else, I will assume them to be those things. Just like I would a cuck. Not sure what is weird about that? The numbers are clearly on my side

A high % are bitter from meaningless sessions of getting pounded in the rear. My partner at work for two years used to kind of hate gay people, and he was totally gay.

The only thing that boggles my mind here, is that these things are no longer a private matter...so much so that no one even comments on the absurd levels of narcissism and exhibitionism that seem to be the real driving force behind these ever weird, elaborate 'sexual' arrangements. I think what these people really love is the photo ops and the attention. Why else broadcast it.

Have we really become so numb to attention whoring and posing for cameras that it doesn't even register anymore...?

I don't give a damn - from a moralistic pov - how people conduct their intimate lives, but i'd like to not hear about it at every turn. At the moment it's like there's a competition of shamelessness.
These 'outrageous' people and their 'outrageous' sexual experiments are so goddamn unsexy it should be illegal to flaunt it, lol.
The Jerry Springer show really did a number when it comes to destigmatizing things one should be ashamed of. Cheating, lying, being ignorant of common knowledge, abnormal acts and relationships all normalized in the name of entertainment. Doesn't help that social media is used by many to air their dirty laundry. Being classy is a thing that doesn't register on many radars.

A high % are bitter from meaningless sessions of getting pounded in the rear. My partner at work for two years used to kind of hate gay people, and he was totally gay.

I dont hate gay people or cucks. I do assume they are weak minded tho

Hmm, weird. I would think that arrangement would be worse for the kid psychologically (how he views the father role could get pretty messed up), but who knows.

Reminds me of Ontario Premiere Kathleen Winn. She was married with kids, came out lesbian, and moved her lesbian lover into the house with the kids and the father was still living there. Talk about messed up situation.

Is it worse than the parents seperating and finding other partners?
Legit question.

the obsession the right has with this is so weird and odd.

I'm for whatever people want to do. If there are a ton of beta cucks out there who are letting other dudes slam their wives, I say great, good for the dudes who get to smash.

I find it extremely strange that someone would be a cuck and get off on that kind of thing. But hey, to each their own. I ain't having it though.

The Jerry Springer show really did a number when it comes to destigmatizing things one should be ashamed of. Cheating, lying, being ignorant of common knowledge, abnormal acts and relationships all normalized in the name of entertainment. Doesn't help that social media is used by many to air their dirty laundry. Being classy is a thing that doesn't register on many radars.
Well said. I was trying to work 'Jerry Springer Show' in to my post too, because that is exactly what comes to mind with these mindless displays of exhibitionism and hapless people with no sense of boundaries, because there is so obviously a parasitic/symbiotic connection with media, but you said it so much better anyway :)

I know someone who used to work as a producer on a reality show (until severe depression and loathing forced her to tap out) and she said there was never any shortage of people willing to do and say *anything* to be on television, and her job mainly consisted of sorting out the most insane, most stupid and most depraved. Their common denominator was a complete lack of foresight, they were simply too dumb to realise what their participation in such programs would mean for their future lives, reputation etc. She tried to strike a balance with choosing people that were somewhat coherent yet 'outrageous' enough to entertain and discard the ones that needed protecting from themselves aswell as real loose cannons who could become a liability. But as she soon realised there really is no ethical way to use desperate people in an 'ok' way, and in the end she was on sick leave for years with severe depression.

Who gives a shit about people do with their private lives?

No matter how you spin it, it’s adultery.
When you get married you take your vows before God. Most adulterers I know are terrible people.
Typically they are liars and not trustworthy.
Adulterers should have to wear a giant red A at all times , so I can identify the terrible human beings.

''I didn’t know if it was possible to create a new kind of family, but like a child who pushes against the boundaries of her parents’ rigid rules, I wanted to find out.''

This is the salient paragraph of the article, IMO. Homeboy's marriage was over, one way or the other. He's the one deciding to live in this situation. You can't control another person wanting to fuck other people. What you can control is whether it's happening in your place, around your son, while you continue to mope around in the background. He's the one who couldn't say no, who couldn't draw a line in the sand. A simple no would have sufficed back when the initial affair was proposed.

I knew a couple who were in a similar situation. When I explained it to my dad a look of disgust came across his face. ''Why doesn't he just move out?'' I have no idea why he didn't, but my personal opinion was fear. Fear of the unknown, of starting over. Fear so great that he'd accept disgrace to avoid the eventuality. That's, I think, what people find gross about this story. It's not so much that he's a cuckold, it's that he's probably a coward. After reading the article I'm unsure what was in it for him. Just seems like it was all about her, and what she wanted and he caved at every step along the way. What else is there left to conclude?

"What people do is their own business."

This is a true statement. It is also impertinent to this topic.

We're not talking about people doing what they want in their own personal relationships.

We're talking about people telling you what you should want, and telling your wife what she would want and fucking up your children for the rest of their lives and the lives of anyone they raise.

These pieces of shit who are trying to shove this down your throats are acting like this is like this is healthy and liberating and widely practice, when in reality it's a cancerous fetish that takes up such a small slice of the pie. But it's just the latest life ruining, repulsive piece of man-hating propaganda pushed forward by people who would love nothing more than to see a strong society destabilized. It's the dental caries of society.

LOL....No one should be freaking out over this arrangement. It would not be my thing. But it does not rattle me in the slightest.

This.........is.....nothing.......new.

This kind of thing has been going on for many hundreds of years. The only differences between now and previous times is that it is being discussed and dealt with more openly, and therefore is becoming less and less dependent on wealth to accomplish.

Back