MNN (Trailer for Shark Thriller 47 Meters Down; Joe Johnston to Direct Narnia: The Silver Chair)

First Teaser Trailer for Bong Joon-ho's Creature Pic OKJA

From visionary Director Bong Joon Ho, this grand global adventure follows a friendship too big to ignore. Meet Mija, a young girl who risks everything to prevent a powerful, multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend – a massive animal named Okja. Available on Netflix on June 28.

Viggo got robbed. Should have won best actor. Not that Affleck guy. But being from New England this is a funny skit.

New Xenomorphs Attack in Terrifying 2nd Trailer for ALIEN: COVENANT

First Look at Young Jack Sparrow in New Trailer for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5

Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar, escape from the Devil's Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea...including him. Captain Jack's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas. Opens May 26.

Teaser Trailer for Netflix's WAR MACHINE Starring Brad Pitt

An absurdist war story for our times, writer-director David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) recreates a U.S. General’s roller-coaster rise and fall as part reality, part savage parody.

The cast includes Brad Pitt, Tilda Swinton, Ben Kingsley, Anthony Michael Hall, Topher Grace, Will Poulter, Alan Ruck, Scoot McNairy and Meg Tilly. Only on Netflix on May, 26 2017.

@Anung Un Rama Tagging you for Tilda Swinton. And also because I know you're a huge fan of the flexible and chameleon-like acting ability of Brad Pitt.

First Trailer for SAND CASTLE Starring Nicholas Hoult, Henry Cavill

Set during the occupation of Iraq, a squad of U.S. soldiers try to protect a small village. The film stars Nicholas Hoult, Henry Cavill, Glen Powell, and Logan Marshall-Green, and is available only on Netflix April 21.

New red-band trailer for CHiPS movie

Am I the only one who actually thinks this might be a fun movie?

[Mod Edit: Didn't post this myself because it contained nudity (butt shot).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Teaser Trailer for Netflix's WAR MACHINE Starring Brad Pitt

An absurdist war story for our times, writer-director David Michôd (Animal Kingdom) recreates a U.S. General’s roller-coaster rise and fall as part reality, part savage parody.

The cast includes Brad Pitt, Tilda Swinton, Ben Kingsley, Anthony Michael Hall, Topher Grace, Will Poulter, Alan Ruck, Scoot McNairy and Meg Tilly. Only on Netflix on May, 26 2017.

@Anung Un Rama Tagging you for Tilda Swinton. And also because I know you're a huge fan of the flexible and chameleon-like acting ability of Brad Pitt.

Lol. You know me to well. I think Hollywwod is catching on to me, too.

First Malick casts Rooney Mara, now they cast Tilda in a movie burdened with Bratt Pitt's acting.

What's next; Singer directing Hellboy 3?

I see you Hollywood.

doakes.gif

KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS' Travis Knight to Direct Bumblebee Solo Movie

Travis-Knight-Bumblebee-Movie-3-Dragonlord.jpg

Travis Knight will helm Paramount's Transformers spinoff Bumblebee.

Christina Hodson (Shut In) is writing the script for the film based on the Hasbro toy line, centering on the yellow and black striped Autobot that appeared as one of the main characters in the Transformers film series.

Bumblebee is slated for a June 8, 2018, release as part of Paramount's expanding Transformers universe.

In 2015, Akiva Goldsman created a "Transformers Cinematic Universe,” bringing together a group of writers to come up with prequels and spinoffs in order to expand the franchise. An animated film is in the works as well. The next movie in the series, Transformers: The Last Knight, is set to hit theaters June 23. Michael Bay is directing the pic, which stars Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci.

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Steven Spielberg and Bay are producing Bumblebee.

Knight, an animator, most recently helmed Oscar-nominated animated film Kubo and the Two Strings, which was his directorial feature film debut.

'Transformers' Spinoff 'Bumblebee' Taps 'Kubo and the Two Strings' Director Travis Knight

New Red-Band Trailer for ALIEN: COVENANT Brings the Gore

Michael Jackson, Viggo Mortensen, Shaq and Other Stars in Talks for X-MEN (2000)

In an interview with THR, screenwriter David Hayter (X-Men, X2, Watchmen) talked about Hugh Jackman's unlikely casting (which involved Tom Cruise and a secret mission to Australia), his lost pitch for 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand, and all those stars (Michael Jackson! Shaq!) who wanted to join the X-Men universe.

"I was writing it for the comic book characters. I was brought on as they were casting, so I was lucky enough to be there for some of the people who came in like Terence Stamp for Xavier and Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey for Storm. Michael Jackson came in because he wanted to play Professor X. It was amazing. Shaq came in. Viggo Mortensen came in. I really liked Viggo for Wolverine, but it didn't come together for whatever reason. Angela Bassett was our first choice for Storm, but her agents wanted more money than we had at the time. Same with Rachael Leigh Cook for Rogue."

"[Shaq's] got the big M scar over his face [Bishop, later played by Omar Sy in 2014's Days of Future Past]. Because I didn't know the character, it didn't end up in the script. But I did walk past an office one day and there he was and much larger than life. Glenn Danzig came in for Wolverine, because he's a Wolverine fanatic. And because I was answering phones right at the front, people would come right through where my office was."

Hugh Jackman Replaces Dougray Scott as Wolverine After M:I2 Motorcycle Accident

jackman_hayter.jpg

[Then-Fox executive] Tom Rothman really wanted Dougray Scott to play Wolverine and he was shooting Mission: Impossible 2 and Tom Cruise kept calling Byran and saying, "We just need him a little while longer, a little while longer." We were starting to shoot and Wolverine was the lead and we didn't have him. Bryan suspected something was hinky, and so he sent the costume designer down to Australia, ostensibly to get wardrobe shots, but really it was to find out what was going on. What we found out was Dougray had been in a motorcycle accident filming the climax of MI2. He was pretty messed up. It was a real shame he couldn't do it. And Hugh had been somebody who had been in the mix earlier and it was [executive producer] Lauren Shuler Donner who said, "Why don't we bring him?"

Mel Gibson Was Originally Eyed to Play Wolverine

"[Wolverine] is the fulcrum of X-Men. The earlier X-Men group was a brilliant creation of Stan Lee's, but when Len Wein created Wolverine and they brought him into the X-Men, it was the perfect fulcrum between Professor X's philosophy and Magneto's philosophy. The fact that the wasn't bound by either gave him such a wild, attractive freedom that it was obvious that was the character that the series needed to revolve around. It was originally supposed to be Mel Gibson. Back when I got hired all of our concept art was Mel Gibson."

Wolverine-MelGibson.jpg

David Hayter's Dark Phoenix Pitch for X-MEN: THE LAST STAND

"The image that I wanted for X-Men 3 trailer was essentially, you see Xavier and Logan facing off against Jean and her eyes are on fire and she's become the Dark Phoenix and they are talking about the war between humans and mutants and she says something along the lines of, "Don't worry, I'll put an end to it." And then we cut to this statue of Iwo Jima in Washington, as the sun is coming up, but it's still twilight and purple, and you see a flare of orange and it melts away. She fires through, on fire and blasts right through it. You see the Capitol Building and she flies up to the White House and lands into the middle of the street. We cut opposite and we see the entire army arrayed against her. She's like "Come on!" and we cut to black."

"I went up to set on X-Men 3. I met [director] Brett Ratner there. They said, 'This is David Hayter," and he was like, "Oh my God, we need you on this!" I was like, "I bet!" It was the day with the big sentinel head and Hugh in the training room."

'X-Men' Screenwriter on Michael Jackson Lobbying for Prof. X and Hugh Jackman Casting Drama

Jared Leto Circling to Star in New TRON Reboot for Disney

Jared-Leto-Tron-Reboot-030317a-Dragonlord.jpg

Disney is planning to get back on the grid. The studio is in the very early stages of development for a new Tron movie, with Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto circling to star, sources tell THR.

No writer has been hired at this exploratory stage, and no filmmaker is involved. Justin Springer, who co-produced Tron: Legacy and exec produced the Tom Cruise sci-fi movie Oblivion, will produce. Leto and and his producing partner Emma Ludbrook would also be involved in some producing capacity if the project moves forward.

Tron was the 1982 Disney movie set in the fantastic world inside a computer program, a cyberspace called the Grid. Starring Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner, the film wasn’t a hit at the time but was influential with its envelope-pushing special effects and drew a cult following in the years after due to its imaginative story.

In 2010, Disney revisited the world with Tron: Legacy, which starred Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde and brought back Bridges. Joseph Kosinski directed. The expensive movie made $400 million worldwide, good enough to warrant interesting in a sequel.

But it’s been a series of shutdowns and restarts for a sequel and just as it seemed it was heading towards pre-production, the studio pulled the plug for good in 2015.

But computer programs never die, it seems, they just get upgrades.

Sources say this new project is not a direct sequel and is being built out of the source code of the deleted Tron 3 script. Leto would play a character named Ares, who has not appeared on screen before but was a key player in that script.

At this stage it's too early to tell if Kosinski or actors from Tron: Legacy will return.

After Cancelling a Third installment of Tron in 2015, Disney is exploring New Tron Movie That Would Act as a Leto Vehicle

First Official Look at Emily Blunt in Disney's MARY POPPINS RETURNS

Disney has shared a first look of Emily Blunt in Mary Poppins Returns. The production still from the new movie-musical sees Blunt as the magical nanny, standing outside the beloved Banks family home once again.

This time, costume designer Sandy Powell puts the titular character in a more colorful outfit than Julie Andrews ever did in the 1964 original, as Blunt dons a small brim maroon hat, fitted cobalt blue coat, with that beloved patterned doctor's bag full of magical trinkets. Still, she's poised, unperturbed and, of course, practically perfect in every way.

Set 25 years after the events of the first Mary Poppins movie, this film checks back in on the now-grown children Michael and Jane Banks, who have just experienced a personal loss. Poppins then teams with her lamplighter friend Jack ( Lin-Manuel Miranda) to help the family.

Colin Firth, Angela Lansbury and Emily Mortimer are also featured in the Rob Marshall film, which is currently in production in London. David Magee adapted the script from P.L. Travers' works, and is producing alongside Marc Platt and John DeLuca. Marc Shaiman is composing an all-new score; he and Scott Wittman are collaborating in writing the original songs. Mary Poppins Returns hits theaters Dec. 25, 2018.

Mary-Poppins-Returns-First-Look-Emily-Blunt-Dragonlord.jpg

'Mary Poppins Returns' First Look: Emily Blunt is Disney's Magical Nanny

There would have been a point I would have killed to see a movie with this pedigree.

SONG TO SONG (2017)
Director: Terrence Malick
Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki
Starring: Ryan Gosling; Michael Fassbender; Rooney Mara; Natalie Portman; Christian Bale; Cate Blanchett; Val Kilmer; Benicio del Toro; Clifton Collins Jr.; Bérénice Marlohe; Holly Hunter

17015865_1391820017549711_8284862682953291392_o.jpg

And like most of my posts, the point is sorely missing.

There would have been a point I would have killed to see a movie with this pedigree.

SONG TO SONG (2017)
Director: Terrence Malick
Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki
May Star: Ryan Gosling; Michael Fassbender; Rooney Mara; Natalie Portman; Christian Bale; Cate Blanchett; Val Kilmer; Benicio del Toro; Clifton Collins Jr.; Bérénice Marlohe; Holly Hunter

17015865_1391820017549711_8284862682953291392_o.jpg

And like most of my posts, the point is sorely missing.
Fixed.

Here's the Song to Song trailer if you haven't seen it yet.

SONG TO SONG Trailer Starring Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara, Michael Fassbender

Two intersecting love triangles. Obsession and betrayal set against the music scene in Austin, Texas. Since this is directed by Terrence Malick, this film may or may not star Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara, Michael Fassbender, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, Val Kilmer, Benicio Del Toro, and Cate Blanchett. Song to Song opens March 17.

THE CROWN's Vanessa Kirby Lands Female Lead in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 6

Vanessa-Kirby-Mission-Impossible-6-a-Dragonlord.jpg

The Crown actress Vanessa Kirby is final talks for one of the new leads in Paramount and Skydance’s next installment in the Mission: Impossible film franchise starring Tom Cruise.

Rebecca Ferguson, Simon Pegg, and Jeremy Renner are also expected to return, though it’s unknown in what capacity.

Christopher McQuarrie, who directed Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation, is back to direct this sixth film from a script he wrote.

Details behind who Kirby will play as well as the plot for the latest pic are unknown at this time. The role is expected to be on the same level as Ferguson’s in the last pic. Cruise and execs had begun meeting with talent for the role earlier in month as the film is expected to shoot this spring.

In the past, the female lead role has helped propel actresses such as Ferguson and Thandie Newton into leading lady status.

While Claire Foy has received a lot of the accolades for her performance in Netflix’s The Crown, Kirby has also received plenty of praise for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth’s sister, Princess Margaret. Previous film credits include Me Before You and Everest.

‘The Crown’ Star Vanessa Kirby Lands Lead Role in ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ (Exclusive)

Augusto Aguilera Lands Final Main Role in Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

Augusto-Aguilera-The-Predator-Dragonlord.jpg

Augusto Aguilera has landed the final main role in 20th Century Fox’s reboot The Predator, which Shane Black is directing from a script he co-wrote with Fred Dekker. Production began last month and Fox has already staked out a February 9, 2018 release date.

Aguilera (Chasing Life) is the final piece of the the alien-hunter team alongside Sterling K. Brown, Trevante Rhodes, Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Olivia Munn and Keegan-Michael Key. The plot is under wraps but the film is part of the original franchise that began with 1987’s Predator.

Aguilera’s recent credits include the Alfonso Gomez-Rejon’s Hulu pilot Citizen, Ice for Antoine Fuqua and John Singleton’s FX pilot Snowfall.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/augusto-aguilera-the-predator-movie-casting-1202035978/

Michael K. Williams Joins Han Solo Spinoff Movie in a Key Role

Michael-K-Williams-Han-Solo-Dragonlord.jpg

The Wire star Michael K. Williams is in final talks to join the upcoming Han Solo spinoff starring Alden Ehrenreich, Variety has learned exclusively.

Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Woody Harrelson and Emilia Clarke are already set to co-star in the Disney-Lucasfilm feature, directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Jon and Lawrence Kasdan are penning the script.

The untitled Han Solo movie hits theaters May 25, 2018. Production is currently underway.

Details about Williams’ character are unknown, as are plot details for the movie, other then it being an origin tale of the rogue smuggler.

Williams is coming off several major performances on television. In HBO’s The Night Of, he played Riz Ahmed’s fellow inmate and mentor Freddy Knight. He also appears in the ABC mini-series When We Rise, which premiered earlier this week on ABC. Coming up, he also has Season 2 of the SundanceTV series Hap and Leonard.

Han Solo Spinoff Eyes Michael K. Williams in Key Role (Exclusive)

Back