MMA striking just got put in its place BADLY

First of All Ngannou would whoop Most Heavyweight boxers including the 2 guys in the co-main. AJ js very rare especially in this generation of HW boxers. Most Heavyweight boxers are scrubs. Secondly I have to echo what everybody else said, striking and only punching allowed are 2 very different things.

Ngannou has D tier level striking. Idk what you guys are talking about.
I’m a former boxer and coach. I want to believe this but the Fury/Ngannou fight proved me wrong about my belief that Fury/Ngannou was the HW version of Mayweather/McGregor.

Trout seems to be having a lot of fun styling on people in BKFC.
Well why wouldnt he? BKFC is mostly filled with over the hill guys who were never even championship level in MMA to begin with.

Trout fought at a high level in boxing. It's no knock on MMA he can outbox Diego Sanchez in a boxing match even if he wasnt old and shot.

Bad bad look for the standup side of MMA.
Most feared power puncher in MMA history KTFO cold in 2 rounds
No, because we are talking about 2 different sports. Let me explain to you: In MMA the fighters are allowed to grapple, kick, use elbows etc. While in boxing they use their fists. Generally speaking of course. Basically, both are very demanding , but different sports.

Well why wouldnt he? BKFC is mostly filled with over the hill guys who were never even championship level in MMA to begin with.

Trout fought at a high level in boxing. It's no knock on MMA he can outbox Diego Sanchez in a boxing match even if he wasnt old and shot.
Baboon wasn't over the hill and remained undefeated in BK. I agree on Diego Sanchez however, he was making that fight dirty against Trout with the clinching and dirty boxing. Those are things pro boxers don't have to deal with

What about Floyd TKOing Conor, Austin Trout winning the BKFC belt, Mercer KOing Sylvia, Pulev smoking Mir. They're about even I'd say
I mean all but the Mercer one were in boxing, doesn't really seem that even.

First of All Ngannou would whoop Most Heavyweight boxers including the 2 guys in the co-main. AJ js very rare especially in this generation of HW boxers. Most Heavyweight boxers are scrubs. Secondly I have to echo what everybody else said, striking and only punching allowed are 2 very different things.

Zhang and Parker beat Francis easily. He's not a boxer.

Ngannou was more of a brawler than a technical striker. He got where he was because of massive power and a solid chin.

It was clear against Gane that he couldn't hang on the feet as far as technique goes. Basically relied on being able to take a shot while landing a bomb (see Stipe, Overeem, Rozenstruik KOs).

People also forget that he's pretty old and inactive.

Lol no Francis would be beaten by most HW boxers that actually trained and took him seriously which Fury didn’t.

I mean if all striking was allowed, that would have been very very very different. But ya mma punching got humbled.
How would it been different? Ngannou isn't known for his kicks or elbows or knees. Its only his boxing. LMAO you dana turds will do anything to act like boxers couldn't ever beat up on a mma'er. Just goes to show how weak the HW division is in the UFC and will always be when the UFC paying 12k/12k.

MMA striking...... lol wtf is MMA striking. This was a boxing match. There was no MMA

Between Perry beating Michael Seals, Lobov beating Malinaggi, Vitor beating Holyfield, Ngannou dropping and arguably winning a decision vs Fury and a few other examples....I think MMA is doing fine. Have them be kickboxing matches or allowed clinches, anything. Straight boxing is so silly, of course the MMA guy has little to no chance.

Just wanted to add Pettis beating Roy Jones Jr and Silva beating Chavez Jr.

Crazy list, TBH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back