MMA is so boring right now. But I've got the cure...

People will probably disagree with me, but MMA became much less interesting once promotions started dropping left and right. When we had the UFC, WEC, Strikeforce, Dream, Bellator, and Sengoku MMA was just so amazing. THe look and feel of different promotions in and of itself is great but also, probably my favorite time in a fighter's career is watching them go from struggling prospect to legit contender. Back then you had so many promotions showcasing talented fighters across the globe it was ridiculous. You had a plethora of tournaments, and I don't care what anyone says, tournaments are great! They are a great way for a fighter to get experience, improve, and carve out a story and a fanbase all at once. I yearn for the glory days...

Many of the major promotions going away has dampened my love on some level. I still watch the fights, but hardly ever live anymore and I drift on and off the forums when before I had to everything that was going on all the time and couldn't wait to let out my excitement with everyone else.

People will probably disagree with me, but MMA became much less interesting once promotions started dropping left and right. When we had the UFC, WEC, Strikeforce, Dream, Bellator, and Sengoku MMA was just so amazing. THe look and feel of different promotions in and of itself is great but also, probably my favorite time in a fighter's career is watching them go from struggling prospect to legit contender. Back then you had so many promotions showcasing talented fighters across the globe it was ridiculous. You had a plethora of tournaments, and I don't care what anyone says, tournaments are great! They are a great way for a fighter to get experience, improve, and carve out a story and a fanbase all at once. I yearn for the glory days...

Many of the major promotions going away has dampened my love on some level. I still watch the fights, but hardly ever live anymore and I drift on and off the forums when before I had to everything that was going on all the time and couldn't wait to let out my excitement with everyone else.
Agreed. i think it was a istake for Coker to get rid of BFC's tournaments when those tournaments were what created the few homegrown stars that they have.

Guys with CHARISMA is what brings in excitement and new fans to the sport. It isn't about tournaments or money.

Look no further than Conor or Rousey for that.

Dude get back in here, so much has been happening with Bellator, Rizin, and others!

Why is there no VFC 56 discussion thread?

You should have started one.

Guys with CHARISMA is what brings in excitement and new fans to the sport. It isn't about tournaments or money.

Look no further than Conor or Rousey for that.

A good chunk of Rousey's fame came from dominant performances and

ronda-rousey-nude-swimsuit-illustrated-5.jpg

Agreed. i think it was a istake for Coker to get rid of BFC's tournaments when those tournaments were what created the few homegrown stars that they have.

The tournaments were done away with by Viacom while Bjorn Rebney was still running things. The disagreement over the tournaments is why they forced him out.

Back