MMA fights in 90 days | Page 2

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by jerellem, Jul 2, 2017.

1. jerellem White Belt

jerellem
    Haha thanks! Skydiving is my safe place! I don't have an opponent yet. My weakness is pressure fighters, jiu-jitsu is the weakest part of my game, and I train s&c under the guidance of Ross enamait's books and KO power by Mark Ginther. I'm working on strength and explosiveness the most right now but at about 8 weeks out, focus will change to conditioning.

Sano and Phlog like this.
  2. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    Kickboxing is kicks above waist and 8 kicks a round minimum, boxing punches only, trips and sweeps allowed.

K1 is all that and spinning backfist, knees and low kicks. Also rather than a kick minimum you are only scored going forwards.

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  3. Sano Brown Belt

Sano
    Lol, I don't know if I would ever go skydiving. I like having my feet on the ground! I'd much rather square up with someone.

Okay, sounds pretty good. Periodization in mind, aware of what you need and a good coaching team behind you I hope. Keep us posted about the fight if you want! Good luck with everything!

4. biscuitsbrah Black Belt

biscuitsbrah
    Oh cool. Where I'm from we call it American kickboxing and K1/Dutch style kickboxing we just call kickboxing.

5. MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

MandirigmaFit
    Do you plan on going pro or is this just a hobby? If the former, are you interested in a Performance Training & Nutrition sponsorship? Note: Since we do not live near each other, this will be completely remote.

mike sherry and Sano like this.
  6. jerellem White Belt

jerellem
    I wanna go all the way but I'm 29 with one fight but I have years of training so things should move a little quicker for me. But yeah I'm interested in sponsors.

7. jerellem White Belt

jerellem
    Should be an easy one but I'll be sure to be prepared. I'll show u guys video of whatever happens.

Sano likes this.
  8. Sano Brown Belt

Sano
    Good. Never underestimate anyone, treat them as a serious threat no matter who you think they are (in the cage obviously).