MLB Season V2: Can't have Baseball if you don't have your Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craziest factoid ever. The Red Sox drafted 5 guys in the 2005 draft who later became All-Stars at least once:

Bumholz
Ellsfairy
Lowrie
Pedro Alvarez (didn’t sign)
Charlie Blackmon (didn’t sign)

They whiffed badly on letting Blackmon go to college.

Command really is what makes a good pitcher in general. But when you have guys like Kopech in the minors who can throw 103 mph, but walk 3-4 batters per six innings, it doesn't matter.

Guys with three plus pitches are the most promising, again, with control.

When do pitchers typically start making the show? And is Tommy John surgery a death sentence or not a big deal for pitching prospects?

How was Segura not the MVP of that game? Fuck Berkman and Houston.

Command really is what makes a good pitcher in general. But when you have guys like Kopech in the minors who can throw 103 mph, but walk 3-4 batters per six innings, it doesn't matter.

Guys with three plus pitches are the most promising, again, with control.
The thing about guys like Kopech and Hunter Greene is that you can't learn velocity but you can learn control.

When do pitchers typically start making the show? And is Tommy John surgery a death sentence or not a big deal for pitching prospects?

Not that big a deal anymore

The thing about guys like Kopech and Hunter Greene is that you can't learn velocity but you can learn control.
Possibly, but right now Kopech (Glasnow comes to mind too) are in AAA and still haven't found it. That to me is a disappointing pitching prospect and the thing that banishes you to the bullpen.

how the heck is abreu starting at 1st for the AL

their really wasnt a better 1B? i know the usual names from the past few years are having bad years, getting old or are injured (miggy, chris davis, edwin, pujols etc.)

just crazy hes starting at 1B with a .740 OPS
He went super cold right around the time he was selected, he was for sure the best first baseman in the AL through the first quarter of the season.

Possibly, but right now Kopech (Glasnow comes to mind too) are in AAA and still haven't found it. That to me is a disappointing pitching prospect and the thing that banishes you to the bullpen.
I think it would be fair to call Glasnow a bust at this point, Kopech is only 22 at least.

Maybe one day professional athletes will learn to stay off of social media.
Why? Not everyone tweets stupid shit and if done right can make you more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back