Missouri State Senator Calls For Assassination of POTUS Trump on Facebook

Did Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal's comment go too far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
POTUS and the Right has been dehumanized to the point where it is considered a moral obligation in the minds of many Leftists to physically harm and even kill them.

It is an attitude that needs to be put in check by other Leftists/Libs/Dems before it gets any more out of hand. If not, war's acoming.

It interesting how they inserted that narrative

The other side promotes hate

We promote equality

Therefore we have a moral right/obligation to confront them n use any means necessary to stop them

You would expect that type of reasoning from Isis n other radical groups, not somebody in western world who values western values

I'm sure if some hillbilly from the Missouri Ozarks posted hoping for her assassination she wouldn't be very cool with it.

Glad McCaskill is calling her out. As far as MO politicians go, Claire is as liberal/democrat as they come around there. I'm not a MO politics expert since I can't vote over there but that's been my observation.
She seems decent to me but I don't know much about her.

OOPS! You'd lose a job at Kinkos for saying that. She can kindly piss off.

Here's coverage from a real source in case you're allergic to the garbage rag that is the Gateway Pundit, and do not wish to support their garbage with your mouse clicks.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_406059d6-1aa4-52fc-89ee-2a6a69baaf2e.html

Yep, 100% she needs to resign. Doesnt matter if the person is black or white, lib or cons, trans or non-trans if you say that, you need to resign your position of public office.

Fire her, she's obviously unfit to hold any position in government.

I grew up in Canada and yes this is what we are spoon fed by our establishment.

It's like a religion that people get born into and typically don't question it.

To be fair W Bush, his clique and the evangelical right really put on a shit show.

I loathed them back then as much as I loathe the current hysterical left.

Hoping a person is assassinated is not the same as threatening to assassinate them.

It was a dumb, classless, legal thing to say. And I give her credit for immediately realizing that and taking it down and then apologizing. If we didn't live in the instant world of the internet no one would know.

It's called incitement to violence and it can potentially be an actionable offense depending on the circumstances. There was a Supreme Court ruling on this issue. Some call it the Brandenburg test.

It's not yet time for this sort of rhetoric.

Give it a few more years of MSM brain-washing, to make this acceptable.

It's called incitement to violence and it can potentially be an actionable offense depending on the circumstances. There was a Supreme Court ruling on this issue. Some call it the Brandenburg test.

Seems to pass, er fail the test.

The test determined that the government may prohibit speech advocating the use of force or crime if the speech satisfies both elements of the two-part test:

1. The speech is “directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action,” AND
  2. The speech is “likely to incite or produce such action.”

The Gateway Pundit linked to official sources. More attack the messenger logical fallacies.
Wrong. A fallacy would have been saying that the Gateway Pundit is wrong because they're a shitrag. I did not do that. I gave a link to a respectable site for the people who don't wish to support the shitrag by giving them traffic.

Seems to pass, er fail the test.

Those are very subjective terms that could be interpreted in any number of ways. Who knows if some mentally unstable liberal like James Hodgkinson might have read her comment and plans to take it seriously. That is the problem with making declarations like these. You never know who is listening. I wonder what you would be saying if a white Republican senator had said this about Obama?

Wrong. A fallacy would have been saying that the Gateway Pundit is wrong because they're a shitrag. I did not do that. I gave a link to a respectable site for the people who don't wish to support the shitrag by giving them traffic.

Your exact words were "garbage rag." That would just as easily apply to The Washington Post. I wonder how many liberal shitrags you visit?

What's worse.

Hoping somebody gets their life taken away

Or

Calling someone a racial slur?

See how crazy things are. The latter in today's society would cause far more outrage.

What's worse.

Hoping somebody gets their life taken away

Or

Calling someone a racial slur?

See how crazy things are. The latter in today's society would cause far more outrage.

If a white Republican had said that same about Obama he or she would have been accused of both on day one.

Your exact words were "garbage rag." That would just as easily apply to The Washington Post. I wonder how many liberal shitrags you visit?
So, do you see now that my linking to a site that was not a shitrag, is not a fallacy? Because you said I committed a fallacy, but I showed you that I didn't. Please feel free to correct yourself.

And your opinion of the Washington Post is not relevant- you're a gateway pundit reader.

I'll wait while your brain catches up to that one.

The "tolerant" leftists hypocrisy shines again.

I just witness a ton of hypocrisy on the news with these things.

Imagine if trumps daughter made a tweet saying she hopes someone assassinates Hilary Clinton? It'd likely be the TOP news story worldwide for a few weeks. I live in the UK, I'm willing to bet this doesn't even make the news.

So, do you see now that my linking to a site that was not a shitrag, is not a fallacy? Because you said I committed a fallacy, but I showed you that I didn't. Please feel free to correct yourself.

And your opinion of the Washington Post is not relevant- you're a gateway pundit reader.

I'll wait while your brain catches up to that one.

You chose to link to another site because you assumed that TGP was not a reliable source. Attack the messenger. Too bad that TGP linked directly to other mainstream sources just as you did (even mentioned that ABC News covered it). Your opinion of TGP isn't relevant because you are a shameless promoter of fallacious arguments. You are also in complete denial about it. Keep lying to yourself though.

Back