Missouri State Senator Calls For Assassination of POTUS Trump on Facebook

Did Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal's comment go too far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was gonna point this out but wasn't sure if would be too much "But Trump" of a post.

She's classless and stupid. Elected officials should be held to a higher moral standard than the rest of us peasants. Unacceptable.
Fair enough. I lurk around here enough to see you get a lot of shit. Can't say I would agree with you on everything, but that definitely seemed a relevant comparison.

This situation though is an absolutely idiotic thing for any person in politics to say, and should lead to a resignation. People who define themselves as Democrats within this constituency should be grossly opposed to this kind of garbage rhetoric. You want to talk like an edgy teenager, and use big-league words like assassination so be it. But don't do it as an elected representative.

Assassination isn't a threat now? LOL!
Hoping a person is assassinated is not the same as threatening to assassinate them.

It was a dumb, classless, legal thing to say. And I give her credit for immediately realizing that and taking it down and then apologizing. If we didn't live in the instant world of the internet no one would know.

Hoping a person is assassinated is not the same as threatening to assassinate them.

It was a dumb, classless, legal thing to say. And I give her credit for immediately realizing that and taking it down and then apologizing. If we didn't live in the instant world of the internet no one would know.

Most the time the apologies are as insulting as the original statement. Like you said it, you meant it. So don't blow smoke up our asses.

From my experiences, I've noticed this since the mid-2000's when the Iraq war started to become extremely unpopular. Almost everyone I went to school with (and this is in Canada) from then onward was very much of the mindset that Republican = dumb, racist, hillbilly. Obviously that attitude hasn't changed. They then painted our Conservatives with the same brush. Very low-level thinking.

I grew up in Canada and yes this is what we are spoon fed by our establishment.

It's like a religion that people get born into and typically don't question it.

Trump completely destroyed the fabric of US politics.
america won't ever recover from this.
it's going to be a shitshow president after another.

As we talk endlessly about nobody fringe radicals on the right............

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...tor-calls-assassination-potus-trump-facebook/

nadal.jpg

"Missouri State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal hoped for the assassination of President Trump in a Facebook comment on Thursday then deleted it in a panic.

She even acknowledged she would get a visit from the Secret Service for her comment."

16123001_638048393045279_7781706409288138752_n-243x300.jpg

I hope the voters in that state rally an immediate referendum for a special election.

That woman needs to be replaced. That is grossly inappropriate for a public official. In fact, that borders on seditious, criminal speech. That's one for the 1st Amendment attorneys, but I wouldn't mind seeing her thrown in prison for it.

You don't say that shit. You don't play with that shit.

Fuck her.

POTUS and the Right has been dehumanized to the point where it is considered a moral obligation in the minds of many Leftists to physically harm and even kill them.

It is an attitude that needs to be put in check by other Leftists/Libs/Dems before it gets any more out of hand. If not, war's acoming.

Funny because in reality it's the exact opposite. Did you see how those white nationals were beating that black man with clubs and pipes?

The left has been dehumanized to the point where it is considered a moral obligation in the minds of many Right Wingers to physically harm and even kill them.

Most the time the apologies are as insulting as the original statement. Like you said it, you meant it. So don't blow smoke up our asses.
Yeah, I see your point, but I like that she apologized quickly and without a lot of pressure. Of course she was wrong and she knew it. She didn't wait a week and then issue some polished statement.

Spectacularly dimwitted.
I'll just wish him a little taco trot action.
A case of Presidential runs

I would certainly want our politicians to have better than foresight than this, though. Assassination is the most obvious of "dumb things I shouldn't post/say in any sort of public setting". The stupid is so painful it hurts.

Icarus began flying too close to the sun while tweeting.

Great job...you are one of the very few consistent ones here

I don't live in Missouri, but I work in Missouri and have for pretty much my whole adult life. So I spend a lot of time in that state. So when I pay income tax to the state I expect my money to be spent by politicians that aren't complete assholes (same as in my home state of IL). So yeah fuck her. She does her side no favors.

As @IngaVovchanchyn said she offered an apology on her own, but she needs to go. Same as that GOP dude who called some people the N word or bitches or something like that at a party. Or the dem and rep who were challenging each other to a duel and calling each other ugly.

I expect politicians to be smarter than me, with a better temperament than me. That's why I vote for them. If I wanted someone who was prone to angry outbursts and saying stupid shit then I'd just run for office myself :)

Highly doubt she resigns, highly doubt she's punished. Would love to be proven wrong, but when you're a minority political figure, you can say just about anything you want sans repercussion.

It's just the truth.

Chappelle-Nadal-threatens-whites-e1420379050494.jpg

Maria-3.jpg

Maria-1.png

I said the same thing about W on a few occasions. I was more angry back then. :mad:

OOPS! You'd lose a job at Kinkos for saying that. She can kindly piss off.

Here's coverage from a real source in case you're allergic to the garbage rag that is the Gateway Pundit, and do not wish to support their garbage with your mouse clicks.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_406059d6-1aa4-52fc-89ee-2a6a69baaf2e.html

Glad McCaskill is calling her out. As far as MO politicians go, Claire is as liberal/democrat as they come around there. I'm not a MO politics expert since I can't vote over there but that's been my observation.

Back