Mirko Cro Cop vs Wanderlei Silva 2

Never ever have I had a feeling like it again: I was scared shitless for Wand that whole fight. You knew it was coming and it was wonderful and terrifying

Yep.

Cro Cop was on point that night. Wanderlei didn't stand a chance.

Chute Boxe had an extreme mass fetish at the time. They roided Wand up way above what was helpful to the point he lost his most important atribute: speed. People often think about wild haymakers and just brutality but Wand could be very fast.

Crocop fought very good but on the other hand that was the worst version of prime Wanderlei we saw. Fucking dumb strategy by Chute boxe just like their brainfart letting MW Murilo eat himself up to HW to get slaughtered.

Wanderlei was starting to show a few signs of decline before that fight(I think post Hunt) but I don't really buy the idea that moving to HW made him slow, those punches still had plenty of zip on them, look at the combo that dropped Fujita.

Last edited:
I knew it was coming, then boom. Who honestly didn't think that was going to happen for those who watched?

Although really the deciding moment in this fight wasn't the LHK it was the left straight, from that point on I think it was clear Wanderlei was in big trouble and his eye being closed obviously helped the LHK to land.

Mirko wasn't exactly a monster, Wanderlei outweighed him.

To me this is still the most perfect MMA performance in the sports history. people talk up Anderon/Forrest but Griffin gave a really poor performance there for me were as Wanderlei was game(if forced into desperation at points) yet could barely lay a hand on Mirko.

crocop.gif

Open Weight GP Mirko is the GOAT.

I fucking love this gif. I was watching this fight in st. augustine, where my parents now live, but it was a vacation house at the time and I was in my dad's office, high as a motherfucker, it was so dark except for the computer screen --- and I wore Zvonimir Security shirts to school, I was the biggest Mirko fan. This fight totally blew me away, it sounded like he fucking shot him with that headkick, and then the blood splatter down the side of his head, holy shit, it looked like wand died.

I was just shocked, in silence, like 'o.m.g.'

it was a great night.

To this day still the most satisfying event ive ever watched...

Reminds me of how i miss tournaments. They were just sooo much bigger than regular cards, i mean, its a tournament... you see who is the best, not who has the most money, is more marketable, or any other bs rather than just seeing who will come out on top.

Open Weight GP Mirko is the GOAT.

I fucking love this gif. I was watching this fight in st. augustine, where my parents now live, but it was a vacation house at the time and I was in my dad's office, high as a motherfucker, it was so dark except for the computer screen --- and I wore Zvonimir Security shirts to school, I was the biggest Mirko fan. This fight totally blew me away, it sounded like he fucking shot him with that headkick, and then the blood splatter down the side of his head, holy shit, it looked like wand died.

I was just shocked, in silence, like 'o.m.g.'

it was a great night.

I remember it being a hard fight to watch being a big fan of both although I admit I favoured Mirko in this situation as he'd always been the "nearly man" previously so I wanted to see him win something.

Back