Mirko Cro Cop vs Wanderlei Silva 2

Amorak

The Possession of Anything Begins in the Mind
@Green
Reaction score
The day mirko took his soul, fatality style

can't fight cro cop when you're right eye is completely closed. not a good move. left high kick will get you.

Seeing Mirko kick Wandy into oblivion is still one of my favourite MMA moments!

The end of Wanderlei's chin. Light heavyweights fighting heavyweights, with a closed up eye. Not good. An example of what not to do as a promotion.

I remember threads here on Sherdog after the fight when many members were legitimate worried about Silva’s health and if anyone had heard any reports about his status.

Time truly flies and sadly my looks as well...

I actually think they went through the pretense of testing more than once because Pride Fighters have stated day gave urine samples. I don't think the contract explicitly stated they didn't test for steroids. You have a source?

prideroidcontract.jpg

Posting fights on the dog used to earn one dubs. Glad to see thats changed.

War Cro Cop

Yeah,wand had a significant weight advantage in this fight.

I rewatched it a couple of weeks ago. Interesting to see the difference to their first fight. I think it was a combination of Wand aging and his bulking up. He wasn't as sharp as he used to be. Mirko was in the shape of his life, and was outpointing him right from the start with that left straight. Closed eye or not, this fight would have only ever gone one way.

God that was dominant as fire!!! Is there a better prime vs prime fight than Fedor vs Mirko? That fight is so domo

Little known fact: Cro Cop shattered his left navicular and cuneiform bone on that head kick to Wanderlei. Amazing he was able to defeat Barnett less than an hour later.

Back