***Minimalism***

wlu.29

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone embrace this lifestyle and philosophy? The pandemic really got me to think more about this topic, and it coincided with me seeing these documentaries on Netflix. I mentioned in my other thread about upcyling that I clear out a whole buch of stuff from my house. I was never a hoarder nor obsessed about things, however I had a lot of stuff that I didn't need.

It's been real cathartic to declutter and be more intentional about consuming things.

DSC05252_blogpost-1024x683.jpeg

Live like a pleb? No thanks.

Seriously though. This aspect of consumerism isn’t anything new. It really took off after the Second World War. Gary across, Thomas Hine, Kevin Starr, Lizabeth Cohen and many other historians have written about it. Post War America entered into this cycle where buying goods was meant to restore the family. We’ve clearly moved away from that, where buying everything and anything is just the way of life. It makes things less complicated. And living simplistically is fine and dandy but not logical.

Always throw shit out.

Anything I havent touched in the last month, gets tossed. if I havent used it in the last month its no longer important to my life.

Minimalism is a lifestyle that has interested me for many years, but thus far, has eluded me..I can’t seem to find it through my piles of mostly useless stuff..

Always throw shit out.

Anything I havent touched in the last month, gets tossed. if I havent used it in the last month its no longer important to my life.
are you being more intentional/conscious of buying it in the first place?

W
Always throw shit out.

What about tools and stuff like that?

Always throw shit out.

Got it. Haven't used my snowblower since February so out it goes. I'll plan on junking my lawnmower sometime in November too. Come to think of I haven't done any house projects in 3 weeks so one more week and I'll dump a few grands worth of tools out on the curb.

I'm actually quite the minimalist. These guys are dumb.

Some young youtube nerd did a good piece on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back