[Military]Your favorite Duty Station(s)

I spent all of my time at Ft. Wainwright Alaska: Hotel Co. 123rd Aviation Regiment. Circa 90-93. OLD DUKES!

3Bn 2dMar in camp Lejeune!
I was stationed their from 1997 to 2000. Any driftwood veterans? The was the only good strip club back then, till the Mirage open up. I think it was called mirage. Meet a beautiful black striper there.

Scwab in oki suck. I didn't take all oki could offer do to my short timer mentality. I was in oki from dec99 to jun 00 and was getting out in July.

Did a Med tour on the USS Trenton. Spain, Italy, Bosnia, Greece, Tunisia, Turkey & Romania.

NC wasn't that bad. I was from Orange county California and was depressed when I got station there. The I sucked it up and saw the east coast.

Did 4 months in Haiti too!

Thanks to Camp Lejeune and its boredom I raided the blockbuster in the Jacksonville mall. I discovered many great band on impulse buying.

Amorphis, Sentenced, hypocrisy, Emperor, Enslave, satrycon & many more.

As active army, I saw the shitholes of duty stations with basic training at Ft. Knox, then Camp Casey South Korea (its along the DMZ, it's like a 3rd world country up there), Ft. Irwin CA - dont get me started.

The only decent place I went was Ft. Sill, OK... only place I went with civilization and a Wal-mart within reasonable driving distance.

Was in the marines from 98-03. Was permanently stationed out of MCBH Kaneohe Bay, HI. Can't complain a bit.

I think Pope and Bragg have done or are going to do the same.

I used to love going to Pope for the Air Show.

with the way things are going, i wouldn't be to surprise if more base decide to merge

All the bases I was stationed at in the Army sucked pretty bad. The base I hated the least was probably Ft. Huachuca, AZ. It was hot as shit but at least it was fun most of the time.

Ft. Wainwright, Alaska was by far the most miserable experience of my life.

Yay! I'm going to Ft. Huachuca on the 29th to start BOLC. Any recommended places to go to?

I've never been stationed on a base so I wouldn't know but I'm excited to see some.

As active army, I saw the shitholes of duty stations with basic training at Ft. Knox, then Camp Casey South Korea (its along the DMZ, it's like a 3rd world country up there)

I might have gone through Camp Casey on the way to the DMZ, can't remember exactly. Anyway, when I got out of the AF I worked with a guy that had been stationed there. He said the same thing you said.

This was at the DMZ back in the '80s. Probably not there any more.

Yes I'm "old"

Met a guy in AF who was stationed on Shemya Island in Alaska which is basically an airfield in the middle of the ocean. Poor guy

island.jpg

Fort Sam Houston, dat dere boardwalk. I was only stationed in Richardson (Alaska) and Sam Houston (Texas), I liked both, but I would've like to end up in Italy since I was airborne.

Met a guy in AF who was stationed on Shemya Island in Alaska which is basically an airfield in the middle of the ocean. Poor guy

island.jpg

That might be smaller than Diego Garcia Naval base in the indian Ocean.

440px-Diegogarcia.jpg

Close I guess. He was Battalion Recon

That's about as close and as deadly as a hand grenade in my book. I have seen the Seals and Recon running with gas mask with full gear on which makes them tougher than a three dollar steak to me.

That's about as close and as deadly as a hand grenade in my book. I have seen the Seals and Recon running with gas mask with full gear on which makes them tougher than a three dollar steak to me.

I had a couple of good buddies that were Force Recon. All they did was train and workout.

They are the best ones to have watching your back in a firefight

I had a couple of opportunities to try my hand at Force but decided to train BR instead. Then went CI. Damn I sure miss it at times.

I had a couple of opportunities to try my hand at Force but decided to train BR instead. Then went CI. Damn I sure miss it at times.

I have missed the Corps since I got out and it's like loosing a limb to a lifer like I was.

San Diego. I was home ported at Coronado Island for three years. Beautiful city, beautiful weather, beautiful chicas. And like one of the earlier posters said, WestPac > all (except UNITAS, I did one of those too).

Back