Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

You can always check in here and count on your sherbros/shersisters.

I'm glad you all have my back.

Army Reserves. That count?

Yes. That is where a lot of Active Duty guys end up to finish out their 20 years. Same for the National Guard. In theater there was no difference. The bullets didn't discriminate. Did you reach the magic number of 180 days of Active Duty? Than you can be called a veteran.

"Veterans Affairs DC Medical Center put patients at 'intrinsic risk,' report says."

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-patients-at-intrinsic-risk-report-says.html

"The Veterans Affairs Washington, D.C. Medical Center suffered 'systemic and programmatic failures' for years, putting patients at 'intrinsic risk', according to a new report released Wednesday."

"The inspector general’s investigation began in March 2017 after receiving a confidential complaint, sparking a close examination of risk of harm to patients, hospital service deficiencies affecting patient care, lack of financial and asset controls, and failed leadership."

"Other deficiencies included documents with protected health information and personally identifiable information being stored within unsecured boxes, more than 10,000 open and pending prosthetic and sensory aid requests, and a misuse of government credit cards."

...and we are still losing 22 veterans a day due to suicide. There has to be a better system.

"Veterans Affairs DC Medical Center put patients at 'intrinsic risk,' report says."

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-patients-at-intrinsic-risk-report-says.html

"The Veterans Affairs Washington, D.C. Medical Center suffered 'systemic and programmatic failures' for years, putting patients at 'intrinsic risk', according to a new report released Wednesday."

"The inspector general’s investigation began in March 2017 after receiving a confidential complaint, sparking a close examination of risk of harm to patients, hospital service deficiencies affecting patient care, lack of financial and asset controls, and failed leadership."

"Other deficiencies included documents with protected health information and personally identifiable information being stored within unsecured boxes, more than 10,000 open and pending prosthetic and sensory aid requests, and a misuse of government credit cards."

...and we are still losing 22 veterans a day due to suicide. There has to be a better system.
You need to use the GTC at an ATM BEFORE you get to the strip club. Dat day one stuff.

Stealing this from another thread. New DD Form 000 for when your feelings get hurt:
1520607605752-jpg.353247

Stealing this from another thread. New DD Form 000 for when your feelings get hurt:
1520607605752-jpg.353247
I remember throwing these up around the section I worked in like 15 years ago. Wonder what would happen if I did it now.
you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

I meant to ask this a while back. For you Americans, what free education do you get for joining the military and what kind of contract do you need to recieve it? One of the only things my embarrassing government has done is give us 20 grand worth of schooling after 8 years, and 80 grand after 12. What do you guys get?

I meant to ask this a while back. For you Americans, what free education do you get for joining the military and what kind of contract do you need to recieve it? One of the only things my embarrassing government has done is give us 20 grand worth of schooling after 8 years, and 80 grand after 12. What do you guys get?
If you do 4 years on active duty you get 36 months of of chapter 33 benefits. This gets you 36 months of BAH (payout depends on where you live, they pay your tuition for those semesters, and up to $1,000 for books per semester.

If you do 4 years on active duty you get 36 months of of chapter 33 benefits. This gets you 36 months of BAH (payout depends on where you live, they pay your tuition for those semesters, and up to $1,000 for books per semester.

Interesting thank you. I thought it was a little more generous down there, like free school for anything or something. Still, not a bad deal for 4 years. 4 years is fuck all.

Interesting thank you. I thought it was a little more generous down there, like free school for anything or something. Still, not a bad deal for 4 years. 4 years is fuck all.
Especially if you get an easy MOS

Especially if you get an easy MOS

You have thousands of those don't you? I hear that your trades are very compartmentalized. Like trades specifically for changing tires and such. Up here we're more jack of all trades oriented.

I finished my bachelors and graduate degree with the Post 9/11. I never paid a dime. While getting a check each month for $2302. Some months a little less. And I still have 4 months left. Also throw in the book stipend that @Rozko mentioned.

you only have to serve 36 months (or 30 days if medically discharged) to qualify for the GI Bill, people generally sign 4 year Active contracts, but the stipulation is only 36 months service

In this thread the poster Rod1 applauds the death of American soldiers. I reported it and the mods have done nothing so I thought I'd let you guys know here.

No, you are the one that its convinced that we give a fuck about US soldiers being killed while invading a nation over a lie. As I said before, its like watching footage of a home invader being shot, the first thing that comes to mind is 'Good, fuck'em'.

Thanks for the support @Tropodan. Kind of an odd response from @Rod1, but hey, he has a right to his opinion. Kind of like my opinion of Mexico and Mexicans in general. Those of us who were/are in the U.S. military are kind of used to this kind of response. I don't give 'two shits' what foreigners think, but when Americans start to say this, it has a different effect. At that point I have a higher respect for the enemy who is at least fighting and dying for what he believes in.

Thanks for the support @Tropodan. Kind of an odd response from @Rod1, but hey, he has a right to his opinion. Kind of like my opinion of Mexico and Mexicans in general. Those of us who were/are in the U.S. military are kind of used to this kind of response. I don't give two shits what foreigners think, but when Americans start to say this, it has a different effect. At that point I have a higher respect for the enemy who is at least fighting and dying for what he believes in.

I'm a military member myself so I figured I'd let you guys know what kind of person he is.

I'm.more concerned about the mods lack of action considering some of the things they card people for.

In this thread the poster Rod1 Applauds the death of American soldiers. I reported it and the mods have done nothing so I thought I'd let you guys know here.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...s-on-the-ground.3733863/page-5#post-139759729

It's post #85

What a fucking cowardly twat that wont even tag me and then slander me.

I dont applaud the deaths of American soldiers, i simply dont give a shit about soldiers being killed during an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation.

Ironic that you are so butt-hurt about it while you were supporting the genocidal invasion of Yemen. I guess these people are sub-humans to you.

Ill tell you this 0 American soldiers would had died if you guys had not invaded Iraq, dont be mad at me, be mad at the people who lied to you.

Back