Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

For the first six months or so all we had in my company was one female LT. She had passed ranger school prior to coming to the unit, just like 90% of the Male LT's do. She was actually very competent in her job and her fitness was never an issue.

The enlisted females are completely different. Our first one was an E5, prior medic, who was given a fire team immediately upon in processing the unit. I have never worked with an E5 who was a different mos for his e1-4 time so I have no idea if that is normal. She was proved completely incompetent through out several training events and is currently in the process of changing her MOS back to medic. She did however, do perfectly fine in regards to fitness.

We now have 4 enlisted females whom this is their first unit. I'll give a brief description of each.

1. 18 yo who has had more alcohol related incidents than anyone I have seen since entering the army. Granted up until 2015 or so it seemed no one actually cared about non DUI alcohol incidents, maybe that was just my unit though.

2. Pregnant from a guy in another BN within 3 months of being here, married him.

3. Has gotten ran through by an obscene number of dudes, allegedly a few married ones as well. Has a good PT score, because the grading is different, but is a complete liability on any long movements in kit or with a ruck.

4. Actually a good soldier over all, nothing to complain about.

My biggest gripe, is none of the females will be placed as machine gunners. Physically I don't think any of them are close to being capable of carrying an m240L during a training exercise. There is nothing administratively you can do about them being pathetic physically, if they can still pass a pt test, which has significantly lower standards than the Male one.
15 mile ruck marches with 50 cals should fix their knees/backs/PT scores pretty quickly.

US army 2013-TBD

Edit: Also, my unit has been involved in female integration for the past year or so if any of you old timers care to know, it has been a complete and total shit show.

:eek: No! Really! I'm shocked. Did not see that coming. Wait till they are integrated into SEAL, Ranger, and Special Forces units.

Thanks for your service. What MOS?
Are the girls still using the 'buddy' system when going to the bathroom in the field?

:eek: No! Really! I'm shocked. Did not see that coming. Wait till they are integrated into SEAL, Ranger, and Special Forces units.

Thanks for your service. What MOS?
Are the girls still using the 'buddy' system when going to the bathroom in the field?

11b and yeah they shit in the slit trench in the patrol base like everyone else.

I know of a female 0311 with a west coast battalion who's actually been nothing but a good marine so they do exist. She's hot too.

11b and yeah they shit in the slit trench in the patrol base like everyone else.

Hard to picture that. Anyone try to take a peek? Hard to picture a female 2LT in charge of a mostly male Infantry Platoon. Ranger tabbed :). Brave new world.

3. Has gotten ran through by an obscene number of dudes, allegedly a few married ones as well.

This one will be getting pregnant soon and won't know who the father is. Also, watch out for these female soldiers and sexual harassment or rape charges. They love to play that card. The Marines had a couple of high profile rape cases that made the news a few years back. I'm sure the Army had its share.

I still don't understand why a woman would want to join the U.S. Army and go Infantry. The odds of success are stacked against them. Plus, their experience in the military is going to be miserable.

I'm sorry you missed out on the time we had an all male combat arms MOS. Totally different mentality. It is not your fault or the LT's fault, just some stupid decisions made by the Army, the military, and the U.S. government in the past.

When I was 11B (Army) the whole Platoon and Company was all male. Years later when I switched to Civil Affairs, 38A, it was made up of male and female soldiers. Totally different environment and mentality. Took me a while to adjust.

Last edited:
Just had to post this again:

Last edited:
Sounds like Ventura. He went through BUD/S but never actually served with the teams (he damn sure didn't in Vietnam despite opportunities to volunteer).

I can’t really fault the UDT guys for having pride in their service.

I can’t really fault the UDT guys for having pride in their service.

I think it's debatable (his SEAL status), however it should be debated be SEALS not anyone else, my opinion.

Here's a what a Senior Chief says about the topic though, FWIW:

I’d that guy in the background on an imaginary horse?

? - Not sure what you are talking about.
Holding that clipboard against his crotch. Covering an incoming erection?
The little guy is one squared away Lance Corporal. Never fuck with the USMC's mascot.
Also, I think the DI's shirt is one size too small, but it does bring out those nice breasts. :)
Shot 'pizza box' with her pistol, but I'll bet you she would make it through Ranger school without recycling.

Last edited:
I think it's debatable (his SEAL status), however it should be debated be SEALS not anyone else, my opinion.

Here's a what a Senior Chief says about the topic though, FWIW:

Tomato, tomatoe. Same difference.

I miss the Marine Corps because of shit like this

@Rozko

Marines at Camp Lejeune are hunkered down and will stay put to fight hurricane Florence. It is heading straight for it. Beautiful place, super friendly guys. I was there in 1999. Looks like they have trained for this many times in the past. Hate to see the armory get flooded. Good luck to those guys...

"The largest Marine Corps base on the East Coast opened its gates to anyone with Department of Defense IDs and their families Wednesday afternoon, as a monster hurricane barrels toward the Carolinas — Camp Lejeune potentially at its bullseye. Hurricane Florence is expected to slap the area with winds above 100 mph and rainfall measured in feet. Camp Lejeune Brigadier General Julian D. Alford said in a statement that the base has endured 'countless destructive weather events over its 77-year history,' and he expects the structures to continue withstanding tough conditions."

@Rozko

Marines at Camp Lejeune are hunkered down and will stay put to fight hurricane Florence. It is heading straight for it. Beautiful place, super friendly guys. I was there in 1999. Looks like they have trained for this many times in the past. Hate to see the armory get flooded. Good luck to those guys...

"The largest Marine Corps base on the East Coast opened its gates to anyone with Department of Defense IDs and their families Wednesday afternoon, as a monster hurricane barrels toward the Carolinas — Camp Lejeune potentially at its bullseye. Hurricane Florence is expected to slap the area with winds above 100 mph and rainfall measured in feet. Camp Lejeune Brigadier General Julian D. Alford said in a statement that the base has endured 'countless destructive weather events over its 77-year history,' and he expects the structures to continue withstanding tough conditions."

I went through category 1 storms while I was on base. That shit was a fucking blast. We spent the entire storm drunk trying to play football/volleyball in the wind and shin deep water. Good times. lol

I hope they stay safe through this one.

Man, the hurricane makes me reminisce about my tour on Guam. I went through 5 typhoons then. I went through a Cat-5 and I saw a VW van flip 5 times and slide 15 feet by wind only. Went through 5 on Okinawa.

If you saw locals walking around off-base (you can see parts of town from the base) you knew it wasn't going to be bad. If it was a ghost town... Buckle up buttercup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back