Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

I went through category 1 storms while I was on base. That shit was a fucking blast. We spent the entire storm drunk trying to play football/volleyball in the wind and shin deep water. Good times. lol

I hope they stay safe through this one.
Were you there around Labor Day 2006? There was pretty bad storm that ended up just being lots of rain. They made us stay the barracks and we covered the drainage vents in the front with rubber doormats and made a mini lake.
Alford was my old CO in 3/6. He's a cool dude.

Were you there around Labor Day 2006? There was pretty bad storm that ended up just being lots of rain. They made us stay the barracks and we covered the drainage vents in the front with rubber doormats and made a mini lake.
Alford was my old CO in 3/6. He's a cool dude.
I was in HP 508 on the second deck off of N St for that 1. Good times.

Hard to picture that. Anyone try to take a peek? Hard to picture a female 2LT in charge of a mostly male Infantry Platoon. Ranger tabbed :). Brave new world.

This one will be getting pregnant soon and won't know who the father is. Also, watch out for these female soldiers and sexual harassment or rape charges. They love to play that card. The Marines had a couple of high profile rape cases that made the news a few years back. I'm sure the Army had its share.

I still don't understand why a woman would want to join the U.S. Army and go Infantry. The odds of success are stacked against them. Plus, their experience in the military is going to be miserable.

I'm sorry you missed out on the time we had an all male combat arms MOS. Totally different mentality. It is not your fault or the LT's fault, just some stupid decisions made by the Army, the military, and the U.S. government in the past.

When I was 11B (Army) the whole Platoon and Company was all male. Years later when I switched to Civil Affairs, 38A, it was made up of male and female soldiers. Totally different environment and mentality. Took me a while to adjust.

Don't know what world you're coming from, there are women in the army where I come from, they can carry a rifle just fine. Never heard any of them getting laid with other soldiers, maybe it's a culture thing.

How am I suppose to know you are Greek? If you are not in the military, your opinion on this topic counts for shit. ;)

I was for one year in the Greek infantry, that's all, I don't know how you run things over your place.

I was for one year.
Edit: Also, my unit has been involved in female integration (Infantry) for the past year or so if any of you old timers care to know, it has been a complete and total shit show. We now have 4 enlisted females whom this is their first unit. I'll give a brief description of each. #3. Has gotten ran through by an obscene number of dudes, allegedly a few married ones as well. Has a good PT score, because the grading is different, but is a complete liability on any long movements in kit or with a ruck.

Don't know what world you're coming from, there are women in the army where I come from, they can carry a rifle just fine. Never heard any of them getting laid with other soldiers, maybe it's a culture thing.

Read the comment by @Bob Sacamano above. It is a reference to your statement above and women in combat arms, Infantry in particular.

Hell froze over today as I was advanced to Chief

I'm on cloud nine still

Hell froze over today as I was advanced to Chief

Chief of what? Indians? Some of us U.S. Army guys have very little clue as to how the U.S. Navy rank system works. This?

or this?

I believe you are now an E-7. Congratulations...

Chief of what? Indians? Some of us U.S. Army guys have very little clue as to how the U.S. Navy rank system works. This?

or this?

I believe you are now an E-7. Congratulations...

E7, Chief Boatswains Mate, USCG

So, it is the 'red' version. What is the 'gold' version? Chief in the U.S. Army are usually Warrant Officers.

Gold. That's the only one in the CG

In the Navy red stripes mean you done fucked up (and got caught) somewhere in your past (feel free to correct me Navy bros)

Back