Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield prime for prime

Do you really believe that was a prime Tyson?

oh i forgot that tyson fans like to say that tyson wasn't in his prime. Theres a difference between training like a dumbass and not being in your prime

cue the excuses that tyson wasn't in his prime for douglas.

oh i forgot that tyson fans like to say that tyson wasn't in his prime. Theres a difference between training like a dumbass and not being in your prime

eh, Prime if you judges a fighters prime strictly by his age. I proved this once before, watching Tyson vids around the time he fought Douglas or Stewart and then watching his fight with Holmes, is night and day.

Holyfield would have beat any version of Tyson. Tyson would fold like he always does when he can't bully a fighter. Holyfield owns him mentally and would have beat him just like he did twice.

Tyson gets a lot of love here because he was a huge part of pop culture and had a very entertaining style. For these reasons he is way overrated. Lennox was head and shoulders better than him as was Holyfield. I think Prime Bowe finishes him too.

No excuses...but if you actually think Tyson was in his prime when he fought Douglas you either are delusional or you just haven't watched much boxing.

Cue the excuses...

No excuses...but if you actually think Tyson was in his prime when he fought Douglas you either are delusional or you just haven't watched much boxing.

Cue the excuses...

Your whole argument is based on an excuse. Tyson lost to Buster in his prime. Sick of ignorant fools like you with your revisionist history trying to romanticize "Prime" Tyson. Fact is "Prime" Tyson beat a near 40 past his prime Larry Homes and a blown up LHW in Spinks. Other than than those 2 he beat almost entirely cans. When he actually had to face the best of his generation he got smashed.

eh, Prime if you judges a fighters prime strictly by his age. I proved this once before, watching Tyson vids around the time he fought Douglas or Stewart and then watching his fight with Holmes, is night and day.

once again

I've pointed out before that Tyson didn't look that good when he fought Stewart a couple of months later either.

and who was his trainer for that??? once he left rooney he never trained the same ever again. that his fault. So once again, there is a difference between training like a dumbass and not being in you prime. Mike was in his prime up until he went to jail. Just because he didn't train and therfore looked like shit in some of his fights doesn't mean he wasn't in his prime

and who was his trainer for that??? once he left rooney he never trained the same ever again. that his fault. So once again, there is a difference between training like a dumbass and not being in you prime. Mike was in his prime up until he went to jail. Just because he didn't train and therfore looked like shit in some of his fights doesn't mean he wasn't in his prime

I agree with your first point in no longer being with Rooney makes a difference, (the last D'Amato training protege), and that Tyson wasn't the same again. But just cause someone is in their physical prime doesn't mean, bad training and focus doesn't make a difference in their performance. The Mike Tyson that was rolling through guys with speed, precision, good footwork head movement, working off viscious combos till his power got the best of guys was NOT the guy that stepped in the ring with Holy at the time. prime Tyson walks through most HWs of all time. Lennox at any time was a bad match-up for Tyson, as would Ali, basically any guy that was tall, rangy, and worked off the jab. But someone similar in size to Mike gets destroyed by a 20yr old Tyson.

Holyfield would have beat any version of Tyson. Tyson would fold like he always does when he can't bully a fighter. Holyfield owns him mentally and would have beat him just like he did twice.

Tyson gets a lot of love here because he was a huge part of pop culture and had a very entertaining style. For these reasons he is way overrated. Lennox was head and shoulders better than him as was Holyfield. I think Prime Bowe finishes him too.

Bowe? Bowe had one good night--after that, he refused to train. I give you Lewis because the combination of size and skill.

Holyfield already proved he was the better fighter. Tyson in the 80's would have given him a tougher fight, but I still see Evander winning.

People keep talking about prime Tyson in 1988, but I already saw him taking shortcuts by then. Although his resume and status as lineal and undisputed champ were cemented by then I'd argue he was at his best in 86. The worst thing to happen to Tyson was losing Cus and then getting the belt so quickly.

The worst thing to happen to Tyson was antidepressants and Robin Givens.

Tyson was simply the more skilled boxer of the two, Holyfield's defense was always suspect.

Tyson by UD.

Back