Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield prime for prime

lol at whoever said Bowe could take Tyson.

Tyson has better accolades to his name. None of Holyfield's wins are as good as Mike's beatings of Berbick, Spinks, and Holmes.

Tyson has better accolades to his name. None of Holyfield's wins are as good as Mike's beatings of Berbick, Spinks, and Holmes.

He had a couple of wins over some guy called Mike Tyson.

lol at whoever said Bowe could take Tyson.

in their primes? i would pick bowe. tyson ALWAYS had problems with taller fighters. Shit tony tucker gave him problems during his so called prime. Bowe would have beat the shit outta him as bad or possibly worse than lennox did.

in their primes? i would pick bowe. tyson ALWAYS had problems with taller fighters. Shit tony tucker gave him problems during his so called prime. Bowe would have beat the shit outta him as bad or possibly worse than lennox did.

Tyson wants your heart
Bowe wants your cake

Holyfield is a bad matchup for Tyson. He could handle Tyson's shots but can Tyson handle his? Tyson would lose heart and Holyfield wins.

When you can mentally beat someone, you will physically beat them 9 times out of 10. Anyone who has watched the careers of Tyson and Holyfield can tell that they are at complete either ends of the spectrum in terms of mental fortitude, Holyfield had borderline delusional self belief which manifested itself in incredible shows of toughness and resilience, and Tyson had incredible self doubt and low self esteem, which manifested itself in losing control or looking for an escape when he is seriously pressurised or finds himself in hard situations.

As such, no matter when they fought, Holyfield would have won in my opinion. Tyson's only chance would have been to get him out early before Holyfield starting grinding him down, and how many times was Holyfield blasted out early?

Well said.

When you can mentally beat someone, you will physically beat them 9 times out of 10. Anyone who has watched the careers of Tyson and Holyfield can tell that they are at complete either ends of the spectrum in terms of mental fortitude, Holyfield had borderline delusional self belief which manifested itself in incredible shows of toughness and resilience, and Tyson had incredible self doubt and low self esteem, which manifested itself in losing control or looking for an escape when he is seriously pressurised or finds himself in hard situations.

As such, no matter when they fought, Holyfield would have won in my opinion. Tyson's only chance would have been to get him out early before Holyfield starting grinding him down, and how many times was Holyfield blasted out early?

I've said this before but for as great as Holyfield is remembered being, his HW resume is all over the place. Bowe is the only really decent name from that era you mentioned and he lost 2 out of 3 of those fights.

Holyfield is a one of the rare guys who is considered great based more on his style than his actual resume.

Holyfield was all over the place as a HW.

Back