Mike Perry has no Fight IQ

It's still better than McMann's.

Guy is just a meathead... just a brawler- would’ve been a champ in 1997
Now he’s just a Can crusher that will be good on the local circuit

No no no no no no NO!. What you said there also shows very low fight IQ. In a 3 round fight you cant stick to testing out your hands as you get out pointed and KNOW you have a big ground advantage. You should never put yourself in a scenario where you must KO your opponent in the 3rd. Horrible spot to be. It just aint that damn easy. If you drop the 1st round you need to go into the 2nd thinking okay maybe ill keep it on the feet again but if nothing changes I need to get the fight to the ground and make sure I at least win the round becausw I know I can win there. You should never be in a situation where you reach the 3rd round and find out you could of very easily won the fight and dominated on the ground but you vant quite finish the guy. Thats a stupid horrible place to be. Thats what gatekeepers do. Real contenders never make mistakes like that. In all the fights Ive watched I know one thing.. in 3 round fights you need to adapt quickly in the 2nd round if you dropped the 1st one because in that 2nd round you need to have some urgency because you dont want to find out your opponent is playing safe and defensive in the 3rd trying to get to a decision. You need your opponent to have to win the 3rd as much as you do. You cant be in a KO or bust spot.

Any fighter who sticks to plan A for two rounds straight and continues to lose Im sorry to say is low fighter IQ. I dont even want to hear this nonsense oh its okay to test your hands because in the 3rd round youll just make sure to get the tko.. wtf.. thats awful confident there bud.

I'm not saying he should have tested his hands...but if you choose to do so you'd better stop after the 2nd round if you're losing in a 3 round fight.

If I was his coach at the beginning of the 2nd round I would have been yelling, TD, TD, TD!!!

I'm sure he wanted to go for it but the dude was getting lit up

He should have grappled in the 2nd round but didn't. then he went for a takedown when he needed a stoppage against a hurt oppenent with like 40 seconds to go.

Give him a chance he's still young, he deserves a chance like other UFC prospects, specifically like Erik silva, also they should fight each other

He's basically Ngannou of Welterweight.
Ngannou has better hands tho

The striking wasn't even at all.
He got lit the fuck up by Griffin the first 2 rounds. He got outlanded like 4 to 1 or something ridiculous like that

Lol "striking was even"... Damn casuals can't recognize what's going on in front of them

He needs to strike and not rely on landing that big shot every time. He always gets tired and he gets very easy to hit

HAHHAHAHAHHA LOL @ Perry getting beat by this no one.
LOL @ Plat nation.

I'm not saying he should have tested his hands...but if you choose to do so you'd better stop after the 2nd round if you're losing in a 3 round fight.

If I was his coach at the beginning of the 2nd round I would have been yelling, TD, TD, TD!!!

If you were his coach, you'd be a blonde girl that sucks his dick.

He's basically Ngannou of Welterweight.
Ngannou has better hands tho

This — Guy throws single shots — no matter how much power you have your not going to do well once people avoid that one shot

Guy had advantage in wrestling , gorundgame , and power — and somehow managed to lose

He didn’t throw one combo the entire fight

I just don't think he has the well rounded skill set. It's not necessarily a lack of fight IQ, it's a lack of options. He's just a brawler. That's all he's got.
this.

The trend in this forum in the past few years is to throw the term fight IQ around but they have no goddamned idea what it means.

Maybe but he has power vs. manlets.

giphy.gif

Just look at how slow and awful the bald dudes striking is. This is not even an impressive KO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back