Media Mike Perry gets furious about UFC’s selective treatment of fighters

Spot on?

• Total voters
Being in the UFC clearly affected Perry’s morale as a fighter too.

You’re telling me he went from getting out struck against D-Rod to holding his own against MVP and wearing down Alvarez and Rockhold because of kicks alone? Perry clearly fell out of love with the sport and in hindsight I don’t think it was a clear hate of fighting (like the Diaz bros) but more so going through the motions of being in the UFC.

You’re telling me he went from getting out struck against D-Rod to holding his own against MVP and wearing down Alvarez and Rockhold because of kicks alone? Perry clearly fell out of love with the sport and in hindsight I don’t think it was a clear hate of fighting (like the Diaz bros) but more so going through the motions of being in the UFC.
I mean the holes in his striking game are still there as evident by the Alvarez fight....but bare knuckle is where the guy thrives. For sure MVP was hampered more by the lack of kicks than say Alvarez was...but plats toughness and all consuming willingness to throw down is a hell of a thing

His extreme durability makes him much better suited to bare knuckle than most.

He's come a long way since having a kid.

I also think once fighters get comfortable knowing they don't "need" the UFC they are able to take the liberty to speak the truth about it.

Even when fighters are just retired/released from the UFC they typically don't talk shit because in the back of their heads they still feel like they need them for whatever reason (i.e. they might un-retire, they want a UFC commentating gig, they think it will benefit them to stay in the UFC's "good grace's" whatever the fuck those are). But once they have been out for a while and realize the UFC can't/won't help them in any way they have no problem going full-scorched earth on them with the truth.

That's how you know the UFC is full of the most vile pieces of shit imageable, the only people that say good things about them are the ones they have leverage over, and as soon as that leverage is gone those same "company men & women" immediately jump ship and shit all over them (and rightfully so)....save "Cowboy" and a few other boot-lickers that is.

A bunch of non-sense ranting that I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say.
Without even watching, this is kinda what I expected from Perry, so I was not at all surprised to see this pointed out in the first post.

Then I saw it was you posting it in a thread topic that's critical of the UFC and I'm even less surprised, given your tendency to deepthroat the boot, let alone lick it. Perry's nonsense ramblings vs your nonsense postings are like the 'irresistible force meets immovable object" of the Sherdog forums. So I guess I'm gonna actually have to watch the clip after all.

I mean the holes in his striking game are still there as evident by the Alvarez fight....but bare knuckle is where the guy thrives. For sure MVP was hampered more by the lack of kicks than say Alvarez was...but plats toughness and all consuming willingness to throw down is a hell of a thing
D-rod is primarily a boxer and has been showing he’s not really a very good striker compared to guys like Leech and Magnus (cut range pretty easily).
Perry has holes but the version that was getting touched up in the UFC would’ve went 1-3 in BKFC. Against Eddie I think he just expected a easier fight and that’s why he charged without feinting because he was a bit more subtle against Rockhold.

I might be being too picky but I definitely feel like he’s gotten better and has more fire than the guy getting out boxed by D-Rod.

D-rod is primarily a boxer and has been showing he’s not really a very good striker compared to guys like Leech and Magnus (cut range pretty easily).
Perry has holes but the version that was getting touched up in the UFC would’ve went 1-3 in BKFC. Against Eddie I think he just expected a easier fight and that’s why he charged without feinting because he was a bit more subtle against Rockhold.

I might be being too picky but I definitely feel like he’s gotten better and has more fire than the guy getting out boxed by D-Rod.
I also think Eddie's speed surprised him

I was about to post the Scott Steiner meme, but that was the most intelligible Perry has ever been.

He's totally right. Merab didn't want the title shot against Aljo? Don't give it to him. No one wants to see friends/brothers fight as it revolves into a sparring match as was discussed in the other front page thread.

I'm not a blind bald goof hater, he's done a lot of good for the sport and as a Vegas native (more or less) I've seen a lot of good he's done for the city, but his personal grudges against fighters, even if he has them, shouldn't be aired publically except under extreme circumstances such as Jones pissing hot and ruining 200. Guy really is a 21 year old girl when it comes to grudges lmao

Last edited:
A bunch of non-sense ranting that I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say.

Something along the lines of UFC will do what UFC wants, UFC is rude or Dana is rude, and UFC being rich assholes or something.

Yeah the UFC will run the UFC how they want to run the UFC. I don't get the big news.

Man, I’d really hate to engage my brain and come out with this opinion. If you parse through the slightly garbled limited vocabulary of Mike Perry, he’s bang on the money. UFC considers itself and wants to be perceived as a major professional sport along the lines of the NBA, however it doesn’t do it. It’s filled with favouritism, with pettiness and shoddy treatment directed towards those who fall foul of the opinion of 1-2 people. The best fighters can often be shunned for reasons outside of pure sporting performance. Opinions and opportunities can change on the whim of whatever side Dana gets out of bed. Pay is low in relation to profits. Forced sponsorship at low levels has taken away advertising revenues. They often treat the media as if they are running a banana state as opposed to a global sport. Etc Etc

I have to say, since Perry has been out of the UFC he seems to have matured in his own way. He has sounded more worldly on MMA Hours and other interviews, there is clearly some cogent thought in his head even if his words often don’t best explain as well as others could do

Something along the lines of UFC will do what UFC wants, UFC is rude or Dana is rude, and UFC being rich assholes or something.

Yeah the UFC will run the UFC how they want to run the UFC. I don't get the big news.

Can you get yourself banned already?

What a difference true independence makes.

You notice it's only the fighters who actually succeed outside the UFC who are willing to challenge the status quo? I think that's more telling than what Perry is saying.

Just listen to Dana talk to virtually any media.
Is he very very successful? Yes.
Is he professional? Hell no.

If you've ever seen Dana speak publicly, how can you disagree with what Perry's saying.

The only people who should disagree, are those currently collecting a paycheck from the UFC, and i don't say that because they are "shills" or anything. I say that, because that is expected in a professional environment. Whistleblower laws existing for a reason.

He sounds brain damaged and stating the obvious. I think Mark hunt and Perry would be BFFs

I didn't like this guy at one time but what he is saying is true. The UFC is never going to reach the levels of other sports being as unprofessional as they are.

In this comparison, Mike is showing way too much respect to NBA and NFL owners. They're rich assholes too. Lol

Back