Middle Earth Shadow of War

yep under 20$ is my price

Yup, on principal alone...

I got the last one free on Xbox Games for Gold. I can wait if needed, there's too much fun stuff to play right now.

Yup, on principal alone...

I got the last one free on Xbox Games for Gold. I can wait if needed, there's too much fun stuff to play right now.

yeah, but it made from for divinity 2 and wolfienstien 2

also escape from tarkov(should look at that thread old man, your texas blood will love this)

The dev can go fuck themselves. Under no circumstance, no matter how dope the game is, I wont pay for a single player game that has tons of micro transactions, and locks the real ending behind a "Pay for lootboxes or grind twice the length of the base game" model.

Was really looking forward to this sequel, but now I'll wait and see what the first reactions are before thinking about biting.

And even then, microtransactions are so off-putting that I'll probably wait a year or two for the base price to be chopped in half before indulging.

Did the same thing for Fallout 4, and STILL waiting for the GOTY version to come out before I play that game.

Yeah, it's still not very good. a TERRIBLE Fallout game especially....

So, I've watched the IGN review for the game, and they said at the end 'Its best to ignore the microtransactions completely,' and I thought it was a very positive sign..... but then upon further investigation from a far more reliable source (since IGN has the credibility of CNN)...

Yep fuck this game, so disappointing to hear what they've done. I can't believe you have to pay to get a real ending lol.

Yeah, it's still not very good. a TERRIBLE Fallout game especially....
Yeah—this is the other reason why I think I'm extremely hesitant to playing F4. I don't want it to kill my interest in Bethesda games in general (having criticized how reliant they are on "fetch quests," and thinking I'm at my limit before being burned out of Fallout / TES).

I think I might wait until VR becomes the standard so the immersion compensates for its other shortcomings.

Yep fuck this game, so disappointing to hear what they've done. I can't believe you have to pay to get a real ending lol.

What the fuck is happening to gaming? Have these guys ever heard of a little game called Witcher3.

That is how you build games, and loyalty.

I'll wait the GOTY version. The first game was probably the one I had most fun in this generation and I was stocked for it, but, fuck microtransactions.

What the fuck is happening to gaming? Have these guys ever heard of a little game called Witcher3.

I've heard a suggestion that the cost of these AAA blockbusters is exploding, while the $60 base game price tag seems pretty set in stone. I don't know how much I agree with it, for one thing does the game need to be that expensive to make, do we need 100 person orchestral scores and famous voice actors and the huge marketing budget? However maybe it is time for some(!) games to be priced at more than $60 (or regional equivalent) on release.

The dev can go fuck themselves. Under no circumstance, no matter how dope the game is, I wont pay for a single player game that has tons of micro transactions, and locks the real ending behind a "Pay for lootboxes or grind twice the length of the base game" model.

I stopped playing Madden the year they implemented them and have never gone back to that game, around 2010 or 2011 I think. I can't remember.

When I saw you had to pay to create all-star players or for better coaches/scouts.... I was completely done with it.

I know the game is popular, so I have no idea if that kind of stuff is still there. I haven't even tried a demo of it.

images%2Farticle%2F2013%2F06%2F19%2Fyoure-goddamn-right-gif.gif

basically this, they basically also showed big company's how to handle piracy

I'll wait the GOTY version. The first game was probably the one I had most fun in this generation and I was stocked for it, but, fuck microtransactions.
I think the reaction has been correct for microtransactions, but the real change will only happen is if fans don't end up giving in to them when they're caught up in the great gameplay. If microtransactions prove to be a viable business model for publishers to have an additional income stream after the initial sale, then I think it'll encourage them anyway (despite the backlash).

But at this point, it seems greedy as all fuck. $60 (or $80 in Canada) for a game, and then more money to get the "full experience" of what you just paid for? Reminds me of when they used to charge $60 for VHS tapes, and then when blank tapes / bootlegs came out, they came back down to earth. Same with music CDs and MP3s.

The gaming industry is going in the wrong direction, and when they get too greedy, the consumer will always find ways to counterbalance that (IE: not paying for games at all, and just waiting for them to be cracked / available for free).

So we'll see what happens, but I really hope everyone who buys this game doesn't spend a dime on the paid loot. My guess is if they do that, WB will eventually cave in on this stupid concept and abandon the business model. If that happens, they'll likely just release a mod anyway to expedite the "fourth act" without the need to pay for it.

My guess is if they do that, WB will eventually cave in on this stupid concept and abandon the business model. If that happens, they'll likely just release a mod anyway to expedite the "fourth act" without the need to pay for it.

Slim to none chance of that happening.

Best likely possibility - The type of hackers that crack publishers feeble attempts of DRM within hours/days of a game going public, will do a deep dive on Shadow of Mordor, and make the loot boxes free, but make the game completely offline.

Slim to none chance of that happening.

Best likely possibility - The type of hackers that crack publishers feeble attempts of DRM within hours/days of a game going public, will do a deep dive on Shadow of Mordor, and make the loot boxes free, but make the game completely offline.
It's completely dependent on how successful the microtransactions are.

If they fall flat, and there's another wave of bad PR coming WB's way, it's entirely possible WB will be the first to cut the concept to create the perception that they were ahead of the criticism (even though technically they're not, since it started as soon as microtransactions were announced). Think back to when XBOX One was supposed to have the "always online" mechanism, and how quickly Microsoft backtracked once the uproar happened. The public is more powerful than they know.

But again, if there's just enough players who are paying for the in-game loot to make it sustainable, then the cost benefit analysis may show that the revenue outweighs the bad publicity, and WB will decide that they'll just endure the negativity in order to nurture a business model that allows them to charge full price for the sale of an AAA game, and reap the benefits of passive income from microtransactions—which they can use for future titles, and it'll just be "WB's thing" the customer base will have to get used to.

If I had to make a prediction, I think it's going to be the former, and will be expecting an update sooner rather than later. Especially since the controversy has now infected reviews of the game, and once it annoys the general public enough, it'll likely affect sales of Middle Earth and may kill the franchise altogether.

Back