Stats:
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 162lbs fat as of now.
Starting weight: 182.

Goals(in order):
Lose some weight.
Gain some strength.
I can't lie I also want to look good.
Start competing in Bjj and maybe MMA again and only if dedicated.
Look up "BeachProsta" on YouTube for fights.

Background:
First diet ever.
I used to eat fast food for every meal and starting this year I weighed 200lbs.

Diet layout:
Eat every 2-3 hours.
Drinks lots of water.
Stick to around 1500 calories per day.
Last month I did 1200 and felt weak but lost 20lbs.
Edit: my caloric goal is 1900 calories. A 500 calorie deficit.

Todays meal plan:

Breakfast at 6:30am:
3/4 cup Total cereal with 1/3 cup skim milk.
-Around 150 calories.

Snack at 8:30am:
12 raisins and 12 almonds.
-Around 140 calories.

Prepared lunch 10:30am:
1 cup brown rice and 4oz of boneless skinless chicken breast seasoned with Mrs. Dash.
-About 350 calories.

Snack at 1:00pm:
Large golden delicious apple.
-About 100 calories.

Will find out more once I'm home and I hope I don't forget to update it.

Any critique or feedback is Welcomed(warranted).
I'm almost retarded at dieting and working out.

S&C log:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=85322805#post85322805

Added some progress shots after 1 month of progression;

Last edited:
Your diet fucking sucks, honestly. Too little protein, no fat, retarded big deficit and WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS EAT EVERY OTHER HOUR BULLSHIT?

Eat more fat and meat, go up to 2000 calories and ditch the retarded meal-timing. Anyone who tried to push that on you, you can disregard, in entirety.

Your Harris Benedict TDEE at three sessions per week clocks out at 2441, you need more calories. Put great attention to your macros and calorie count, youll quickly find that you can eat absurd amounts of vegetables to fill you up and keep you healthy, which along with some chicken and a tablespoon or two of sweet chili sauce tastes fantabulousmorgasmic. Counting also helps you avoid common pitfalls, and greatly helps in giving you a much better estimate of how much you're actually eatingm

Last edited:
Your diet fucking sucks, honestly. Too little protein, no fat, retarded big deficit and WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS EAT EVERY OTHER HOUR BULLSHIT?

Eat more fat and meat, go up to 2000 calories and ditch the retarded meal-timing. Anyone who tried to push that on you, you can disregard, in entirety.

Your Harris Benedict TDEE at three sessions per week clocks out at 2441, you need more calories. Put great attention to your macros and calorie count, youll quickly find that you can eat absurd amounts of vegetables to fill you up and keep you healthy, which along with some chicken and a tablespoon or two of sweet chili sauce tastes fantabulousmorgasmic. Counting also helps you avoid common pitfalls, and greatly helps in giving you a much better estimate of how much you're actually eatingm

I'm aware of that.
I also got the meal timing from teh FAQ.

I will start eating more chicken with lunch and dinner but i get full easy.

That problem with veggies is that i'm a wuss and hate veggies.
The only ones I can stand are broccoli, carrots, romaine, and corn.

I also get 60G of protein after workout session via protein shake.

Golvmopp gives out great advice. Listen to it. Also, You talking Siracha sauce? that shit is fucking amazing. I throw it on damn near everything. Especially eggs.

I'm aware of that.
I also got the meal timing from teh FAQ.

I will start eating more chicken with lunch and dinner but i get full easy.

That problem with veggies is that i'm a wuss and hate veggies.
The only ones I can stand are broccoli, carrots, romaine, and corn.

Can we please just make this a fucking sticky already? Path's guide for setting your diet -> http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f15/how-design-diet-2409159/

Read it, and start from there.

Cliffs are find out your bmr (calories burned per day by your body just by staying alive) mulitply that by the correct mutliplier for how much you workout and that gives you your maitentce calories. Now cut about 500 from that to start. get 25-30% of those from fats (low fat diets fucking suck) and 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. Fill the rest with carbs or even up that fat a bit if you'd like. Start from there and tweak accordingly.

Oh, and eat more meat dammit. Don't eat an anorexic woman's amount of chicken a day and try to fill the rest of your protein with an overpriced and overrated supplement. Protein shakes are just to add a little convenience protein right after you work out if you choose to do so.

Nothing wrong with starting with these as veggies. The more you eat of them, the better the others start to taste. Happened to me. Hell, I love some steamed summer squash or grilled asparagus now. And corn is more like a good carb source than a vegetable nutrition wise.

Golvmopp gives out great advice. Listen to it. Also, You talking Siracha sauce? that shit is fucking amazing. I throw it on damn near everything. Especially eggs.

Can we please just make this a fucking sticky already? Path's guide for setting your diet -> http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f15/how-design-diet-2409159/

Read it, and start from there.

Cliffs are find out your bmr (calories burned per day by your body just by staying alive) mulitply that by the correct mutliplier for how much you workout and that gives you your maitentce calories. Now cut about 500 from that to start. get 25-30% of those from fats (low fat diets fucking suck) and 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. Fill the rest with carbs or even up that fat a bit if you'd like. Start from there and tweak accordingly.

Oh, and eat more meat dammit. Don't eat an anorexic woman's amount of chicken a day and try to fill the rest of your protein with an overpriced and overrated supplement. Protein shakes are just to add a little convenience protein right after you work out if you choose to do so.

Nothing wrong with starting with these as veggies. The more you eat of them, the better the others start to taste. Happened to me. Hell, I love some steamed summer squash or grilled asparagus now. And corn is more like a good carb source than a vegetable nutrition wise.

Will do. golvmopp calculated it for me.

Reading that thread now.

Dinner 4:30pm:
8 oz ground turkey.
8 oz brown rice.
Covered in homemade tomato sauce and Valentina hot sauce.
-about 500ish calories.

No veggies sorry.

Last edited:
Post workout:
Protein milk shake.
-around 300 calories.

What sort of protein? Whey?
You're absorbing less than half of that.
Take 20-25 gram whey after workout (with at least double that amount of sugar) and get the rest of your protein from real food. Casein before you sleep is also possible. Not ideal, but it is convenient.

Take 20-25 gram whey after workout (with at least double that amount of sugar) and get the rest of your protein from real food. Casein before you sleep is also possible. Not ideal, but it is convenient.

Yeah it was whey protein.
Okay I'll keep that in mind today.

Friday August 2nd, 2013:

All I brought to work.

I woke up so not hungry.
Breakfast:
Ate 1 cup total cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk.

Snack:
Almonds and raisins.

Lunch:
10oz skinless chicken breast with 1.25 cup brown rice.

I go shopping on this upcoming wednesday so hopefully I pick out some good food.

This guy is utterly full of broscience. Ignore all of this. That you can only absorb 30g protein per meal is an absolute myth. And needing casein before bed is also unnecessary. Just hit your macro goal of 1g/lb lbm of protein throughout the day, in whatever schedule works for you, and you're fine.

Nothing wrong with making small and gradual changes. Seems you're already doing better. Just stick with. It's a longer term goal, not a sprint. Make sure when you go shopping you'll buy food you'll actually eat. I've seen people fail because they buy 100% super healthy food others told them to buy, and then give up after a week. Don't be that guy.

This guy is utterly full of broscience. Ignore all of this. That you can only absorb 30g protein per meal is an absolute myth. And needing casein before bed is also unnecessary. Just hit your macro goal of 1g/lb lbm of protein throughout the day, in whatever schedule works for you, and you're fine.

Nothing wrong with making small and gradual changes. Seems you're already doing better. Just stick with. It's a longer term goal, not a sprint. Make sure when you go shopping you'll buy food you'll actually eat. I've seen people fail because they buy 100% super healthy food others told them to buy, and then give up after a week. Don't be that guy.

Thanks for commenting.

I normally get lots of skinless boneless chicken breasts.
Some steak and ground turkey.
I also get some tuna just in case I'm busy and cannot prepare a meal.
I also get brown rice in bulk.
-I'm half Filipino and used to eat white rice as every meal when I was younger so I don't mind brown rice whatsoever.
I also get almonds and raisins in bulk.
I tried quinoa and hated the texture.
Veggies like I said earlier are just romaine, carrots, and broccoli.
I get an assortment of sugary fruit like apple, oranges, mangoes, and bananas.

I'm on lunch right now and struggling eating all this chicken and brown rice haha. Ever since I crash dieted(1200 cals a day) I've been getting full easily.
My gut went down but at least a few inches but my love handles are stuck.
I'm 162lbs but my frame is really small.
At 135 my abs don't even show.

Here's a photo to show definition, or lack of, at 145.

Now add a 20lbs spare tire around the mid-section.

Last edited:
Been doing horrible on my diet.

Last night after lunch, I didn't have anything to eat. I just drank a diet coke and lots of water.

Saturday August 3rd, 2013.

So far I've only had 16oz of chocolate milk.
-about 350 calories.

Ate total cereal with skim milk.
-about 200 cals.

Ate 8 ounces of grilled steak.
-about 300 calories.

Last night my friends were in town and we watched UFC at a sports pub,
I had a 500 calorie grilled chicken sandwich and lots of diet coke.

This morning
I ate 3 scrambled eggs with no oil and a spoonful of peanut butter.
-about 400 calories.

For a snack I ate a 140 calorie fiber one bar at my aforementioned friends parents house.

Wednesday August 7th, 2013.

Drank 16 ounces of chocolate milk.

Ate 1 can tuna with 1 tbsp of miracle whip.

Ate 6 oz chicken breast.

Drank a 16 oz 0 calorie monster.
Drank 10 cups of water.

Ate 2oz of beef jerkey.

Ate 16oz of ground beef chili with kidney beans and hot sauce.

Drank a 30g protein shake.

Overall it was about 1900 calories.

Notes: My friend from a different state was in town so I had almost zero time to eat right, sleep, or workout. Starting again today.

Thursday August 8th, 2013.

Cup of Whole Grain Total cereal with skim milk.
-About 150 cals.

Ate a large banana.
-about 120 cals.

Ate a 90 calorie fiber one bar.

Ate 1 cup of ground beef turkey with Kidney beans and hot sauce.
-About 300 cals.

30g Protein shake.
-About 150 cals.

Ate 6 ounces of chicken.
Ate 1/2 cup of fat free refried beans.
1 slice of pepper jack cheese.
I ate hot sauce on the side.
-about 400 calories.

Worked out and drank another 30g protein shake.

I'm pretty full and gassy and my calorie tracker topped out at 1,474 out of my goal of 1900.

Last edited:
Saturday August 10th, 2013.

Breakfast:
Steak and scrambled eggs with hot sauce.
Orange juice.

Lunch:
Chicken wraps with mustard and hot sauce.
1 slice jalape

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back