Microsoft’s new Modern Keyboard has a hidden fingerprint reader (keyboard brahs gtfih)

J

John Wang

microsoftmodernkeyboard.jpg

Microsoft has quietly unveiled a new “Modern Keyboard” with an integrated fingerprint reader. The Modern Keyboard is the successor to the Surface Keyboard, and looks identical. The only changes are a new fingerprint reader and the ability to use a cable for a wired connection instead of wireless.

Microsoft has integrated the fingerprint reader into the second Windows key on the right-hand side of the keyboard, and it can be used to log into Windows 10 or websites using Windows Hello. The new Modern Keyboard will work with Windows 10, MacOS, and the latest versions of Android.

The Modern keyboard will be available shortly, priced at $129.99. It's a surprisingly quick release schedule after Microsoft only debuted the Surface Keyboard for $99 recently. $129.99 is a lot to pay for a keyboard, but it is one of the best desktop keyboards on the market at the moment if you like laptop-like key travel. If you already bought the original Surface Keyboard then I feel your pain.

Sauce

Not to be a cocky asscrack, but I'm pretty much a keyboard god. Love me some keyboard action.

Currently typing on my Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Powered scissorswitch keyboard. (I love low profile keyboards)
logitech-k750-g1-800x533-c.jpg

k750-image.jpg

I also have:
Ducky Mechanical with blue switches
large_486_DK2108Sblue_2.JPG

Corsair Vengeance Mechanical with red switches (and dampening o-rings)
23-816-020-05.jpg

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard (x2)
5f08ee27-dc2e-4bdb-9256-ee2d19891cdd.jpg

8ec03b8a-e1d8-4a1c-bf97-80ec27c4e340.jpg

I have a Unicomp Classic Buckling Spring arriving today (almost an IBM model M replica)
Unicomp_keyboard.jpg

And a bunch of other random keyboards.

Will you be getting this new modern keyboard from Microsoft?

Last edited by a moderator:
my keyboards:

pwPEGX1.jpg

zero interest in this microsoft keyboard since its not mechanical and I dislike low profile keyboards - btw that fingerprint sensor is not hidden, it has its own dedicated key which is kinda hard to miss lol

my keyboards:

pwPEGX1.jpg

zero interest in this microsoft keyboard since its not mechanical and I dislike low profile keyboards - btw that fingerprint sensor is not hidden, it has its own dedicated key which is kinda hard to miss lol

Nice keyboard!! What brand and switches?

the Sculpt is weird, ordered that for our conference room.

Fucking ridiculous. Twenty years ago, if you told me people would be paying money to have a corporation log their fingerprints, I'd have called you a nut. It's a keyboard. It's for typing.

the Sculpt is weird, ordered that for our conference room.
I love it! Very comfortable to type on if you use proper typing technique. The only thing I do not like about it is the 10-key pad. Needs to be wider.

Fucking ridiculous. Twenty years ago, if you told me people would be paying money to have a corporation log their fingerprints, I'd have called you a nut. It's a keyboard. It's for typing.
Amen to that, bunny. I couldn't care less about having a fingerprint scanner on a keyboard lol.

that gos along with sending your dna to companies to see what your ancestry is we're moving closer and closer to having Pharmakom run the world. Before long Dolph Lundgren is going to be running amok killing people with rosarys and crucifixs.

that gos along with sending your dna to companies to see what your ancestry is we're moving closer and closer to having Pharmakom run the world. Before long Dolph Lundgren is going to be running amok killing people with rosarys and crucifixs.
It's going to be insane!

I have the same logitech one and I love it. Always wanted a sleek aluminum one like the apple keyboards though.

@John Wang BUNNY GOD!!!!

I have this cream garden

wireless-illuminated-keyboard-k800-amr-glamour-images.png

K800. I love keyboard buns! I love the new apple macbook pro keyboard.

I have the same logitech one and I love it. Always wanted a sleek aluminum one like the apple keyboards though.
Same here. I love the apple keyboards. Hopefully this one from Microsoft will be similar enough!

Apple just released their new BlueTooth keyboard that uses the design of the macbook/pro keyboards. I really want to pick it up.

Chiclet keyboards are ass.

Mechanical or dead yourself imo.

Back