Micheal ''Venom'' Page vs Rory Macdonald

Who wins?

• Total voters
A lot of people drinking the UFC kool-aid in here. MVP is a faster version of Wonderboy with one shot KO power. Koreshkov, Askren, or MVP would run through the UFC WW division like a string of cans.

1000% Agreed. Not sure about MVP though, his grappling is a mystery right now.

Rory good at controlling distance, takes him down and GNPs him to a TKO win UNLESS I'm missing something and Page's crazy good at avoiding takedowns.

A lot of people drinking the UFC kool-aid in here. MVP is a faster version of Wonderboy with one shot KO power. Koreshkov, Askren, or MVP would run through the UFC WW division like a string of cans.

MVP struggled with Nah-Shon Burrell for fucks sake and lost a roudn to Cyborg. Wonderboy and the other top wws would have 0 issues with either of those guys.

The massive leap in competition for MVP makes zero sense and does nothing for either guy right now.

Wrong Forum
There's your fucking badge, officer.
images

Every time I watch Page; I'm hoping his antics and gesticulations inside the cage catch up to him. They still haven't. So I'd go with MVP by some crazy KO. Although with me finally picking him to win a fight he'd probably get UD'd.

Rory via having better wrestling and ground game. MVP is great on the stand up, but he won't stay very long there against Rory.

that would be the time to see how venom fares against a ufc psycho. he does well, im on his train.

Rory is done.

Never get behind a fighter whose best performances are losses.

I've always thought Rory was overrated, but his ground game should be light years ahead of MVP's. However, MVP's striking is not just flashy, he is deadly and accurate. I can definitely see him catching Rory with something crazy, but safe money should be on Rory subbing him at some point in the fight. Rory could also TKO him with gnp.

Rory by 1st or second round sub. But mvp could drop him at least.

Don't think MVP is ready for Rory yet.

Maybe in a couple of years.

Give him time to develop.

Lol what? No they wouldn't.

The best possible fight that Bellator can make right now. Even though I favor the slow approach that Bellator has with MVP.

How can you favor the "slow approach" from Bellator, when it consists of feeding MVP a couple cans a year?
Page is 30, maybe it was cool to take it slow in his 2 or 3 first MMA fights when he was still a young prospect, but he hasn't had a real challenge in his life and they want to feed him directly to Rory, who went to war with the best in the world and didn't do badly?

MVP is going to get smoked, I want to see that fight too but Bellator should have prepared Page for a big fight like that instead of feeding him Travis Fulton's sloppy seconds so he can win via cool KO and keep his undefeated record.

MVP is in my top 5 wasted talents in MMA, I'm not bashing the dude and still hope he ends up getting big, but Bellator fucked up bad on this one.

BTW nice avatar, do you happen to have the normal sized version? That'd be swell.

Very interesting. Better than Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie III.

This isn't even a competitive fight. Rory mauls him. I don't like Rory much, but he's a much better fighter.

No. Best fight to make is MVP vs Koreshkov because they're two of the most exciting strikers in WW and both in Bellator. Let Rory face the winner.

Yeah yeah MVP hasn't earned it. Whatever. Bellator did Tito vs Shamrock 3 and Kimbo vs Dada 5000. That's what they do.

What? I missed the Tito vs Shamrock fight in Bellator?!!!

MVP by toe-hold or some other exotic submission.

Back