Micheal ''Venom'' Page vs Rory Macdonald

Who wins?

• Total voters
How can you favor the "slow approach" from Bellator, when it consists of feeding MVP a couple cans a year?
Page is 30, maybe it was cool to take it slow in his 2 or 3 first MMA fights when he was still a young prospect, but he hasn't had a real challenge in his life and they want to feed him directly to Rory, who went to war with the best in the world and didn't do badly?

MVP is going to get smoked, I want to see that fight too but Bellator should have prepared Page for a big fight like that instead of feeding him Travis Fulton's sloppy seconds so he can win via cool KO and keep his undefeated record.

MVP is in my top 5 wasted talents in MMA, I'm not bashing the dude and still hope he ends up getting big, but Bellator fucked up bad on this one.

BTW nice avatar, do you happen to have the normal sized version? That'd be swell.

Because With one more year of rounding out his game he might become one of the biggest stars in mma. I think the ufc goes too far with the way they feed their stars monster after monster. I'm not against the stars fighting ''cans'' from time to time to prolong their reign and to bolster their image. Stars make the sport, and they need a little help along the way. It's an unpopular opinion especially in mma circles but it's what I believe.

How can you favor the "slow approach" from Bellator, when it consists of feeding MVP a couple cans a year?
Page is 30, maybe it was cool to take it slow in his 2 or 3 first MMA fights when he was still a young prospect, but he hasn't had a real challenge in his life and they want to feed him directly to Rory, who went to war with the best in the world and didn't do badly?

MVP is going to get smoked, I want to see that fight too but Bellator should have prepared Page for a big fight like that instead of feeding him Travis Fulton's sloppy seconds so he can win via cool KO and keep his undefeated record.

MVP is in my top 5 wasted talents in MMA, I'm not bashing the dude and still hope he ends up getting big, but Bellator fucked up bad on this one.

BTW nice avatar, do you happen to have the normal sized version? That'd be swell.

kazushi_sakuraba_1374365.jpg

Great fight, though I'd rather see Rory start his Bellator career with a slightly less high profile fight. He is coming off some tough loses an injuries, he need to rebuild his confidence.

Because With one more year of rounding out his game he might become one of the biggest stars in mma. I think the ufc goes too far with the way they feed their stars monster after monster. I'm not against the stars fighting ''cans'' from time to time to prolong their reign and to bolster their image. Stars make the sport, and they need a little help along the way. It's an unpopular opinion especially in mma circles but it's what I believe.
First, thanks for the full size avatar, Saku FTW
Second, I understand your point, better not rush prospects one way of the other.

It's just...
"Because With one more year of rounding out his game he might become one of the biggest stars in mma."
I read that every single year since his debuts, "one more year and he will be ready";
while I was watching MVP's best years spent fighting less-than-stellar competition, and year after year the frustration kept growing, because Page has undeniable talent, and I hate to see such skills go to waste.

Hopefully 2016/2017 will be good years for him.

I think even Fernando Gonzalez may be a bit too much of a jump for MVP (who he is fighting next), I would have had him fight Paul Bradley (Gonzalez is still a good fight).

Rory should get a straight title shot.

Absolutely. And once a guy is out of his prime, a perfect example is Chuck, keep him the hell out of the top contenders. Give him some newer kids. No one wants to see the fighter that they have been supporting for years get beat the hell up over and over. Let em finish their careers with some entertaining fights that they can win.

I think the Rory that we have seen lately loses to MVP. He's been using his hands fighting at range. MVP will eat him up if he does that. If Rory pressures him and uses his wrestling then he should win.

Back