Michael McDonald can't afford to fight but he tithes his money to his church

Every church doesn't follow the same model. And again, generalizations do not allow you to blindly understand specific situations that you know little about.

Learn how to use a generalization properly. Your model for it's use is flawed.

Every church in the US is tax exempt and all lack transparency with their financials so in these respects they are the same which happen to be the ones exploited to rip people off.

Giving money in the face of poverty is stupidity.

Or an act of faith. But I don't think McDonald is so broke as to make this foolish, nor do I think he's giving a substantial amount of his money.

Or an act of faith. But I don't think McDonald is so broke as to make this foolish, nor do I think he's giving a substantial amount of his money.
Faith is another word for stupidity.

How do you know what he believes?

There's no transparency at all. People give and the money is untraceable where it goes. It's safe to deduce most pastors do not prioritize the charitable needs above their own.

It isn't admirable if it paralyzes his own prospects in his livelihood.
How do you know what he truly believes??? Why do you assume the worst case scenario???

How do you know there's no transparency??? Have you ever worked, or volunteered at a Church???

How do you know it's untraceable??? Again, have you ever worked, or volunteered at a Church???

How do you know "most" pastors do not prioritize charitable needs???

You get a kick out of dissecting everyone's posts...guess what? We can do the exact same thing.

Every church in the US is tax exempt and all lack transparency with their financials so in these respects they are the same which happen to be the ones exploited to rip people off.
Your claim that the money people contribute is "never accountable or transparent" is the sad assumption that makes your entire argument a pile of shit. Again, learn how to use a generalization properly. It is not supposed to morph into absolute statements.

Your claim that the money people contribute is "never accountable or transparent" is the sad assumption that makes your entire argument a pile of shit. Again, learn how to use a generalization properly. It is not supposed to morph into absolute statements.

It isn't sad. It's accurate. When churches get big enough to matter the first thing they expense is a legal team on retainer and accountants to hide all assets. I'm not aware of any churches who pay taxes nor disclose their financials to the average member on the bottom.

Canuck with unrelated tangents never fails.

You're a very unreasonable and angry person. I for one do not belittle people's beliefs. The fact that you do says a lot about you, especially in the manner in which you do. Live and let live like you purport to do.

How do you know what he truly believes??? Why do you assume the worst case scenario???

The entire model of tithing to tax exempt churches is flawed. I don't know what he believes other than not having sex before marriage.

How do you know there's no transparency??? Have you ever worked, or volunteered at a Church???

Yes I have.

How do you know it's untraceable??? Again, have you ever worked, or volunteered at a Church???

Yes I have.

How do you know "most" pastors do not prioritize charitable needs???

Drive around the community where Copeland lives, tons of homeless and hungry people while he flies in/out on his private runway.

You get a kick out of dissecting everyone's posts...guess what? We can do the exact same thing.

Except you don't do anything but repeat vapid nonsense.

I have no issues with money. I have issues with people being exploited & ripped off by hucksters. You should too.

Finding examples of hucksters, and then extrapolating that to mean all churches are led by hucksters, is lazy.

You're a very unreasonable and angry person. I for one do not belittle people's beliefs. The fact that you do says a lot about you, especially in the manner in which you do. Live and let live like you purport to do.

Work at your church believe in your religion, whatever I don't care but swapping faith for stupidity in McDonald's situation is reasonable.

Finding examples of hucksters, and then extrapolating that to mean all churches are led by hucksters, is lazy.

I'm using hyperbole to prove a point. I have some experience in smaller churches in several states and the same has been true albeit on a smaller scale.

I'm not aware of any churches who pay taxes nor disclose their financials to the average member on the bottom.
Absolute statements shouldn't be based on just "your awareness". How self-centered are you?

Provide a counter example and I'll shut up.
A counter example of what?? lol

If you understood what an absolute statement was, you wouldn't be asking that dumbass question. Another sign that you you should have never started this thread.

A counter example of what?? lol

If you understood what an absolute statement was, you wouldn't be asking that dumbass question. Another sign that you you should have never started this thread.

I am asking for an instance of a church being forthright on their financials and not operating as a tax exempt entity.

richpastors.jpg

Back