Michael McDonald can't afford to fight but he tithes his money to his church

What is the right context? If churches had any real value there wouldn't be leaders who are multi millionaires at the expense of their members barely scraping by. Any excess money would be used to help those in need, instead it goes to buying private jets.

And?

And?

Some people aren't meant to have wealth because they simply won't be good stewards.

Don't ever a little hater!

I ain't rich by any stretch of the imagination, yet I'm a trillionair in Spirit.

Quit basing everything on money, you hateful, greedy little troll!

Giving and surrendering our 1/10 back to God is healthy for us as well. Because God gave us everything we have. It helps keep any greed we might have in check.
That's a big 10-4.

We're only giving Him back what's already His.

He's not after our money, He's after our hearts!

Some people aren't meant to have wealth because they simply won't be good stewards.

Don't ever a little hater!

I ain't rich by any stretch of the imagination, yet I'm a trillionair in Spirit.

Quit basing everything on money, you hateful, greedy little troll!
I have no issues with money. I have issues with people being exploited & ripped off by hucksters. You should too.

because he believes that his church will do a lot of charitable things with the money, which most churches do

idk how any lefty here can have the doublethink that its dumb to give your money away to the church so they can do charity with it and also that yorue a bad person if you dont want to give your money away to the government so they can do charity with it

i think its admirable of him that he puts charity before his own well being. i think charity is great as long as its from ones own volition

because he believes that his church will do a lot of charitable things with the money, which most churches do

How do you know what he believes?

idk how any lefty here can have the doublethink that its dumb to give your money away to the church so they can do charity with it and also that yorue a bad person if you dont want to give your money away to the government so they can do charity with it

There's no transparency at all. People give and the money is untraceable where it goes. It's safe to deduce most pastors do not prioritize the charitable needs above their own.

i think its admirable of him that he puts charity before his own well being. i think charity is great as long as its from ones own volition

It isn't admirable if it paralyzes his own prospects in his livelihood.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ight-michael-mcdonald-career-remains-hold-mma

544469_538450486206860_835996454_n.jpg

More often than not it's not being used to help those in need instead to subsidize a lavish lifestyle of the pastor.
You're talking shit about him and his specific church using nothing but generalizations. More often than not that's a dumb way of forming conclusions.

You're talking shit about him and his specific church using nothing but generalizations. More often than not that's a dumb way of forming conclusions.
Not talking shit. Stating facts.

He can't afford to train and can't accept a fight yet he gives to his church which operates tax free. All these are facts.

Not talking shit. Stating facts.

He can't afford to train and can't accept a fight yet he gives to his church which operates tax free. All these are facts.
How convenient you only acknowledge part of your post. lol

Coward.

Some people do give to Church as a way to give to charity, but other people give to Church as a way to give to God. In the latter case, It's irrelevant if the Church is faithful with the money because they're accountable to God. I've never thought twice after giving money to my Church, because it was never about the money, but it was about faith.

I'm not sure what the issue with any of this is.

I have issues with people making unfounded accusations. You should too
How much more evidence do you need that people like Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen and the likes are con artists hiding behind the guise of religion?

I've never thought twice after giving money to my Church, because it was never about the money, but it was about faith.

You hold a position at your church. It's impossible for you to be objective in this situation.

How much more evidence do you need that people like Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joel Osteen are con artists hiding behind the guise of religion?
Which one of those guys is McDonald's pastor? Because that was the topic here. You going to keep running away? You're using generalizations to make conclusions about a specific situation that you know nothing about. This is shit logic in every scenario.

Which one of those guys is McDonald's pastor? Because that was the topic here. You going to keep running away? You're using generalizations to make conclusions about a specific situation that you know nothing about. This is shit logic in every scenario.

It doesn't matter which one is his pastor. The entire model is flawed.

You hold a position at your church. It's impossible for you to be objective in this situation.

And you're an anti-theist, so it's doubly true for you. But a lack of objectivity doesn't mean that what I said was wrong.

Giving money is about faith, and/or for charity.

There's no transparency at all. People give and the money is untraceable where it goes. It's safe to deduce most pastors do not prioritize the charitable needs above their own.

if you are involved in your local church, you can see the charitable things they do or dont do. i give a few dollars every week because i see them giving out clothes, food and at times CARS to impoverished families. i also see them having after school programs for kids with tutors and letting them play basketball and whatnot. ill put some pocketchange every week towards that

It doesn't matter which one is his pastor. The entire model is flawed.
Every church doesn't follow the same model. And again, generalizations do not allow you to blindly understand specific situations that you know little about.

Learn how to use a generalization properly. Your model for it's use is flawed.

And you're an anti-theist, so it's doubly true for you. But a lack of objectivity doesn't mean that what I said was wrong.

Giving money is about faith, and/or for charity.

Giving money in the face of poverty is stupidity.

Back