Michael Jai White Training - Striking with Maximum Power Lesson

No contest MJW by a mile!

White hits the spin hook in a combination not to mention the triple jump kick in the beginning.

Rogan has to pause before even being able to throw it and his balance is thrown way off to his right showing shitty mechanics. Rogan can't get off the ground which is the tell tale of how advanced you are in training. Anyone past Blue red stripe is able to do all this stuff jumping god forbid if you claim to be a TKD BB and you aren't able to easily jump spin hook.

No contest MJW by a mile!

White hits the spin hook in a combination not to mention the triple jump kick in the beginning.

Rogan has to pause before even being able to throw it and his balance is thrown way off to his right showing shitty mechanics. Rogan can't get off the ground which is the tell tale of how advanced you are in training. Anyone past Blue red stripe is able to do all this stuff jumping god forbid if you claim to be a TKD BB and you aren't able to easily jump spin hook.

Must be honest, I don't even think Joe himself would say he's better than MJW. He might have been better when he was younger but they're both floating around their 50s and MJW has clearly kept his technique up much better than Joe has.

Must be honest, I don't even think Joe himself would say he's better than MJW. He might have been better when he was younger but they're both floating around their 50s and MJW has clearly kept his technique up much better than Joe has.

Joe rogan keep himself in very good shape. He is living life the way he wants. He follows his own rules. And got the money and income to do so.

And he dont do any harm to others. So i got nothing but respect for him that way.

He even admits that he would never be a fighter. So again. Respect for that.

His kicks are not good for fighting another human who are allowed to avoid or strike back.. Its just not. His kick are powerful. And somewhat fast. But only against a padman who stands still. Or a heavybag..

Again. Nothing wrong with that. But it is what it is.

- This man is the artful representation of the ultimate manhood.

Does anyone happen to know what ranks MJW holds in each of the styles he’s trained?

I have always loved this. Kimbo Slice was a humble guy and a good learner, I like that he didn't care at all that MJW had no MMA fights he just learns some valuable lessons. I think on the stand up forum we sometimes scoff at movie star martial artists too much as though there aren't valuable lessons to be learned.

Michael Jai White is a favourite of mine.

Kimbo was being really nice there. Kimbo would absolutely kill him in a real fight

No but he was a fighter atleast. Tested himself many times vs a real opponent. Havent seen mjw do that.
as i believe has been said several times already in this thread, MJW does fight and spar with what you would call 'real opponents' regularly, just because he doesn't fight in a league for sport or cash doesn't change the fact that he trains and fights extremely talented and experienced fighters

as i believe has been said several times already in this thread, MJW does fight and spar with what you would call 'real opponents' regularly, just because he doesn't fight in a league for sport or cash doesn't change the fact that he trains and fights extremely talented and experienced fighters

Which fighters were these that were extremely talented ? All i can find of his fight history are point karate matchea from long ago.

Last edited:
No but he was a fighter atleast. Tested himself many times vs a real opponent. Havent seen mjw do that.

You don't get a black belt in kyokushin without fighting numerous real opponents. MJW has likely had far more fights than Kimbo. Kimbo never managed to look good in his wins against awful opposition, let alone against a high quality martial artist.

Easy looking good sparring. Thought peope were over this nonsense lol

Im talking about who he fought that was noteworthy
moving the goal posts, now you seem to be looking for a fight record in a professional league.

But I’m sure that professional championship winning boxers are totally willing to waste their time working with a hack...I’m sure rampage Jackson was perfectly fine working with someone who had no idea what they’re talking about

moving the goal posts, now you seem to be looking for a fight record in a professional league.

But I’m sure that professional championship winning boxers are totally willing to waste their time working with a hack...I’m sure rampage Jackson was perfectly fine working with someone who had no idea what they’re talking about
Look at my original statement its not moving a goal post. I clearly asked which extremely talented people he fought and i clearly said all it seems is that he has a point karate comp history.

As for the other gentleman who said he has a kyokushin bb ergo he probably fought alot more than kimbo ... If i recall correctly white claims he got a bb in Kyokushin in his early to mid teens. Which im pretty sure isnt a thing thats possible . Posters here with a Kk background can chime in.

And yeah. A movie star rubbing elbows with fighters doesnt mean much. Its not like white is training them in a camp he is just talking shop with them for cameras.

Look at my original statement its not moving a goal post. I clearly asked which extremely talented people he fought and i clearly said all it seems is that he has a point karate comp history.

As for the other gentleman who said he has a kyokushin bb ergo he probably fought alot more than kimbo ... If i recall correctly white claims he got a bb in Kyokushin in his early to mid teens. Which im pretty sure isnt a thing thats possible . Posters here with a Kk background can chime in.

And yeah. A movie star rubbing elbows with fighters doesnt mean much. Its not like white is training them in a camp he is just talking shop with them for cameras.
interesting that the people he says he's trained aren't coming out to say "no, no, no, we just talked technique and spent a few minutes on the bag."
what kind of an answer are you looking for to satisfy you then? fighting in a sporting sense and full contact sparring are the same thing. (fighting for self defense or in a military environment and sparring no comparison.) so if he's working with, sparring and coaching fighters like Quentin Jackson, how does that not meet the criteria. (but i do see that you only chose half of what i said previously about fighting and sparring people, so maybe you're just looking purely for a record of professional fights, which i don't think he has, if thats what is required for you to take him seriously guess you won't and likely never will, so no point in sticking around this thread for you)

interesting that the people he says he's trained aren't coming out to say "no, no, no, we just talked technique and spent a few minutes on the bag."
what kind of an answer are you looking for to satisfy you then? fighting in a sporting sense and full contact sparring are the same thing. (fighting for self defense or in a military environment and sparring no comparison.) so if he's working with, sparring and coaching fighters like Quentin Jackson, how does that not meet the criteria. (but i do see that you only chose half of what i said previously about fighting and sparring people, so maybe you're just looking purely for a record of professional fights, which i don't think he has, if thats what is required for you to take him seriously guess you won't and likely never will, so no point in sticking around this thread for you)

Look i like mjw. Hes done some good movies, hes still very fit for his age, he can do some impressive flying shit for a man his size etc etc.

But theres some gross exaggerations going on here. Which i find odd as this forum hasnt applied them to other movie martial artists of the same caliber. Theres absolutely zero proof hes has fought or sparred any high caliber opponents. All we have is regional point karate matches from back in the day.

The fighters he talked too in the videos arent saying anything though, thats the thing. In the article you posted its White talking himself up and the article writer claiming he fought and sparred hightly talented fighters.

Look i like mjw. Hes done some good movies, hes still very fit for his age, he can do some impressive flying shit for a man his size etc etc.

But theres some gross exaggerations going on here. Which i find odd as this forum hasnt applied them to other movie martial artists of the same caliber. Theres absolutely zero proof hes has fought or sparred any high caliber opponents. All we have is regional point karate matches from back in the day.

The fighters he talked too in the videos arent saying anything though, thats the thing. In the article you posted its White talking himself up and the article writer claiming he fought and sparred hightly talented fighters.
most people don't feel the need to run to the press to confirm a statement someone makes about them when true, but typically, and especially in the martial arts world, people have a tendency to come out and deny falsehoods like 'I trained with X' or 'I trained X for a period of time'

I guess feel free to reach out to those people named and ask them about it.

Back