Michael Jai White Training - Striking with Maximum Power Lesson

Experienced at being terrible.

true, but I'm not convinced MJW does better, because I've never seen fight footage of him with no script involved.

I think Kimbo had good physical means, and a good boxing teacher could have refined him given enough time and dedication.

He didn't have the fundamentals down. It's remarkable how early into the fight Shane Tilyard was able to hurt him, LOL.

The flaw in your theory is that you're only certain about the most flawed of these two people because you have some odd sense of skepticism about someone who literally trained in combat arts all their life as opposed to a scurry looking dude who did some terrible backyard scraps and then got his as kicked for money. What's hilarious is MJW commanded Kimbo's utter respect more so than you, guy on interweb.

The argument was that Kimbo definitely gets flattened. How is it odd to be sceptic about that? It's just the personal estimation from a guy on the interweb.
You seem to think that I'm degrading MJW the martial artist based on that, whom I've been following for years now. I know about his combat sports history, I know what Kimbo thought about him... you're not telling me anything new, though I don't have to prove anything to you.

Btw: I don't include Kimbo's backyard stuff in my evaluation about him.

Last edited:
You're making a claim about an outcome of a hypothetical situation, publicly. You should be able to logically substantiate the perspective and so far all we've managed to learn is that you favor Kimbo because he's performed terribly in a professional setting. You are grossly misrepresenting the validity of having "fought pro" ...as many would say. There are people all over the place with pro fights who are god awful at actually fighting.

The flaw in your theory is that you're only certain about the most flawed of these two people because you have some odd sense of skepticism about someone who literally trained in combat arts all their life as opposed to a scurry looking dude who did some terrible backyard scraps and then got his as kicked for money. What's hilarious is MJW commanded Kimbo's utter respect more so than you, guy on interweb.
"I saw it on the InterTube's bruh"

"My phone....u know...showed it..."

"That means it's real"

....Bout sums that intellect up.....

I do applaud the irony of Kimbo showing more respect to MJW than the guys making out that Kimbo would smash MJW.

Maybe it's the difference in experience, but I can't even begin to justify the mentality of 'I've never seen this guy fight in my life, I am going to assume that a backyard brawler would beat him' - and make no mistake about it, Kimbo scarcely improved beyond being a backyard brawler.

I do applaud the irony of Kimbo showing more respect to MJW than the guys making out that Kimbo would smash MJW.

Maybe it's the difference in experience, but I can't even begin to justify the mentality of 'I've never seen this guy fight in my life, I am going to assume that a backyard brawler would beat him' - and make no mistake about it, Kimbo scarcely improved beyond being a backyard brawler.
the McDojos and mcdojo black belts who competed in early UFCs kind of ruined the reputation of karate, and the UFC NPCs just can’t accept that legitimate fighters can come from such a background

Its lack of confidence in themself.

"look i got nothing personal against jai white.. He is probably a nice dude. But..."

Its kinda like backward bragging. And it comes from lack of confidence.

The point karate is way too light in terms of contact when compared to boxing where someone is trying to knock you out cold or muay thai where your ribs, arms, and legs can be broken in an instant, or even getting into a street fight. You can't compare the two. The difference in pressure is so high that most people who aren't professionals or used to it would have their brains run on subconscious functions that they don't even realize.

I get that what MJW is saying is true and I would still respect it but like I said before I would probably value Kimbo's advice more because he's been in that pressure pot both on a street level and professional level if you know what I mean. People will probably say that Kimbo didn't do well in mma or he wasn't "good" but he's still a proven fighter. I still like MJW though and think he's in great shape, he could probably pull off saying he's like 37 - 39 years old
while some stuff in this video is more for exhibition, this video has several clips that highlight how karate used to have much heavier contact.

I suggest those who don't know anything about Kyokushin to watch this episode of Fight Quest, it will give you a good idea about what it's like:

I suggest those who don't know anything about Kyokushin to watch this episode of Fight Quest, it will give you a good idea about what it's like:
correct me if I’m wrong but they don’t allow head of face punches, which I don’t like

correct me if I’m wrong but they don’t allow head of face punches, which I don’t like

It's not that they're not allowed, the traditional ruleset of Knockdown is bare knuckle so punches are only below the neck when fighting with that ruleset. But they can also put gloves on and fight with head punches.

It's not that they're not allowed, the traditional ruleset of Knockdown is bare knuckle so punches are only below the neck when fighting with that ruleset. But they can also put gloves on and fight with head punches.
my dojo was apparently so weird when I was coming up.

Saturday mornings after class the head instructor’s son and I would go at it for 20 minutes to an hour. Gloves depended on if we felt like putting them on not and didn’t change our rule set (which was pretty minimal to begin with lol)

my dojo was apparently so weird when I was coming up.

Saturday mornings after class the head instructor’s son and I would go at it for 20 minutes to an hour. Gloves depended on if we felt like putting them on not and didn’t change our rule set (which was pretty minimal to begin with lol)

20 minutes to an hour of bare knuckle punching to the head every Saturday? Sounds like you're either full of shit or your face must be fucked by now.

20-60 minutes straight, no.
A few minutes, break time, drink, BS, etc. then back at it until we were tired or until other obligations forced us to go home and clean up for the world.

Full contact wasn’t every session/round of each day either, but there was typically at least one round/session that was full contact.

And like I said previously it mostly came down to did we feel like gloving up, which 3/4 of the time we did.

Some times it came down to we figured we should be used to getting hit in the head/face by a bare fist since real life our attacker(s) wouldn’t be wearing gloves in real life.

as i believe has been said several times already in this thread, MJW does fight and spar with what you would call 'real opponents' regularly, just because he doesn't fight in a league for sport or cash doesn't change the fact that he trains and fights extremely talented and experienced fighters

oh yeah I'm sure they spar real hard with a celebrity.

who literally trained in combat arts all their life .

So? I thought you were of the opinion that TMA was all horse shit? Not sure how it's relevant if he did Karate and TKD for 100 years to a boxer

Back