News Michael Bisping Announces UFC Color Commentator Role

I would rather listen to joe buck and troy aikmen

Just when you think the UFC couldn’t become any shittier than it already has, it’s announced that Bispink will now be commentating fights.

What a sad joke the promotion has become.

No thanks. They should make Cormier do every PPV, he is the best at it in my opinion.

Bisping is an ass and a bad comentator but I like him. Him and cruz together would be more fun than the actual fights. It would be a better fight lol

I hate the idea of this. I feel like Gooden and Hardy are pretty much universally liked because they just call the action and aren't over the top. But the new owners seem to want large personalities in the booth for the U.S. shows, which to me is such a distraction. Every time Rogan and whoever he's working with do a Ric Flair-esque "woo" (which is like five times per fight), I want to change the channel. Joe wasn't always like that, but ever since the three-man booth he's been harder to listen to. So it makes sense the UFC would want to hire Bisping, since he is more about creating a spectacle and less about letting anyone else have the spotlight.

Only problem is, he's adversarial. We've seen it a ton of times with his studio-analyst work. Ican totally see him taunting the fighters in the cage, arguing with whoever else is in the booth, and doing whatever he can to keep the attention on himself.
Yeah, I haven't seen any of his Contender series work, but I feel like based on his personality Bisping on the stick for 3 hours would grate on me.

Hardy & Gooden are fine. Anik and DC or someone else with a pulse and sense of humour I can live with.

Bisping is ok. He speaks to ppl in language they get and is not a fake eloquent speaker wannabe like others

Looking forward to it, I've always wondered how he'd be on commentary. He's funny and knowledgeable should be easy for him to kill it.

Back