#metoo applies to married couples, too

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We need to talk about sexual assault in marriage. The woman in this article tolerated unwanted sex with her husband for eight years. They had an arrangement where she could read a book, let him do his thing, but he could not kiss her. He was satisfied. Hearing the stories from #metoo, she now wonders how her husband could sleep well at night knowing his was forcing himself upon her sexually.

Our culture can no longer use marriage to cover up the damaging behavior that can happen within it.

#metoo

Dump... please fucking dump.

Contrary to popular belief of the criminal mind it is indeed possible to rape your spouse.

The story referenced in the OP sounds goofy and weird as shit.

We need to talk about sexual assault in marriage. The woman in this article tolerated unwanted sex with her husband for eight years. They had an arrangement where she could read a book, let him do his thing, but he could not kiss her. He was satisfied. Hearing the stories from #metoo, she now wonders how her husband could sleep well at night knowing his was forcing himself upon her sexually.

Our culture can no longer use marriage to cover up the damaging behavior that can happen within it.

#metoo
She was fine with it. She's not a victim to anyone but herself. If she didn't want to participate in the marriage, then she should have left. Doesn't sound like she was forced, more like she didn't feel like arguing about it.

My wife told me I could fuck her if she was passed out drunk.

Dump... please fucking dump.

Contrary to popular belief of the criminal mind it is indeed possible to rape your spouse.

The story referenced in the OP sounds goofy and weird as shit.

Why dump? We need to address the damaging behavior in our toxic culture that is set up exclusively to please hetero-normative men.

Wait, I need to know cause I can't make sense of it... was he plowing WHILE she read a book?

Why would you stay married in a situation like that?!!?!

Wait, I need to know cause I can't make sense of it... was he plowing WHILE she read a book?

yes, from the Vox article:

"On the nights when I couldn’t get out of it, we used a method that I had taught myself to tolerate and that he, astoundingly, tolerated as well: I read a book to distract myself for as long as I could while he did the thing he needed to do. I did not let him kiss me for the last several years of our marriage. That was the rule: You can fuck me, but you can’t kiss me, and I don’t have to pretend to like it. This satisfied him."

I'm trying to imsgine what position they could be doing where she can hold and read a book while he's fucking her. Drawing a blank.

It isn't the fault of society that she and her husband made the decision to stay in such a bizarre marriage. And having sex that you don't enjoy doesn't count as sexual assault, unless we get to count a day spent visiting your mother-in-law as forcible confinement.

And did she at least have the consideration to pick something interesting he could read over her shoulder?

I'm trying to imsgine what position they could be doing where she can hold and read a book while he's fucking her. Drawing a blank.
I feel bad for your partners if you are that unimaginative lol

Made me think of a line from a Bloodhound Gang song " let's do it doggie style so we can both watch Xfiles "

Maybe they didn't have cable

#metoo

Are you posting this to provide info, or are you suggesting this is metoo to far? I ask, because if it is the second, you are a monster.

She could have filed for divorce. I mean she wants to shame him into staying in a sexless marriage? Sex is an important part of marriages. If it is loveless than you divorce. She withholds any physical relationship and then he cheats and she destroys him in divorce proceedings. I mean bloody hell, he surely would have liked to have regular participation from his wife and both enjoying it - but he took the shitty sex she agreed to offer up rather than divorcing her or cheating on her and now he's still the scumbag?

Back