MeTo attacks Lawrence Krauss

why did she go back to his room in the first place if she’s in a relationship?

Is being asked to meet in a man's hotel room before going out to dinner now called "going back to his room"??

"Hey, guys, a woman invited me out for dinner. I went to pick her up at her house as she had requested. But then she got offended when I tried to kiss her and feel her up. Why would she be inviting me back to her house if she didn't want to get busy?? Women are so fucking manipulative!"

Not having been familiar with Taleb I just went to check out some interviews. Based on what I saw he presents far, far less "up his own ass" than Harris. By a country mile.

I found it especially surprising when Taleb addressed the illusion of understanding fallacy and said, "I wake up every morning knowing that I don't understand what's going on."

That's a very healthy attitude. And a sentiment that a smugly superior man like Sam Harris would literally choke on trying to get out of his self-important pie hole.

He is extremely cultured and educated. I love his style. When he talks about trading stocks he will put Plato in there. Because some people actually trade like Plato would. lol. Like there is some underlying order. The Good. Something we only see a shadow of. Taleb doesn't believe in that shit. He is a strict empiricist. His heroes are guys like Popper, Mach and Poincare but also Yogi Berra. He quotes Yogi as much as anyone.

He predicts the future for a living.

I never said most of the things I said. Yogi Berra

The future ain't what it used to be.

In baseball, you don't know nothing. Yogi Berra

yogi-berra-quotes-and-sayings-practice-theory.jpg

quote-people-say-yogi-berra-is-a-strange-guy-and-i-ve-heard-yogi-say-some-funny-things-but-mickey-mantle-113-16-45.jpg

He is extremely cultured and educated. I love his style. When he talks about trading stocks he will put Plato in there. Because some people actually trade like Plato would. lol. Like there is some underlying order. The Good. Something we only see a shadow of. Taleb doesn't believe in that shit. He is a strict empiricist. His heroes are guys like Popper, Mach and Poincare but also Yogi Berra. He quotes Yogi as much as anyone.

He predicts the future for a living.

I never said most of the things I said. Yogi Berra

The future ain't what it used to be.

In baseball, you don't know nothing. Yogi Berra

yogi-berra-quotes-and-sayings-practice-theory.jpg

What is Taleb's connection to theism??

What is Taleb's connection to theism??

None. Religion is not of interest to him. His battle with Pinker and these guys has nothing to do with religion. He is just annoyed by pop scientists spouting bullshit. Though he does like Dawkins and thinks The Selfish Gene is brilliant.

None. Religion is not of interest to him. His battle with Pinker and these guys has nothing to do with religion. He is just annoyed by pop scientists spouting bullshit. Though he does like Dawkins and thinks The Selfish Gene is brilliant.

But I found a long debate between he and Harris and Hitchens and Dennett and others on religion. Taleb was on the religious side with wack-job D'Souza. I didn't have time to watch any of it.

Though he does like Dawkins and thinks The Selfish Gene is brilliant.

That's sort of ironic given that the current understanding of leading evolutionary biologists is that the theories put forth in The Selfish Gene are flawed in the extreme.

But I found a long debate between he and Harris and Hitchens and Dennett and others on religion. Taleb was on the religious side with wack-job D'Souza. I didn't have time to watch any of it.

He despises those guys and is a contrarian. I am an atheist and would do the same thing. I fuckin despise organized atheism.

He despises those guys and is a contrarian. I am an atheist and would do the same thing. I fuckin despise organized atheism.

So how is Taleb on the other side of the table if he's not arguing for the existence of God? Is that debate worth the time in your opinion?

“There was even one particular creep of a professor who once told me he thought differently of me compared to other students and asked me to dinner: a situation so disturbing that it left me upset for weeks afterward.”
Is she talking about the one she went to?

Given that quite, her complaint makes little sense to me.

So how is Taleb on the other side of the table if he's not arguing for the existence of God? Is that debate worth the time in your opinion?

I posted a video of Degrasse Tyson earlier. He said none of this debate is worth anybody's time. Harris was crushed by that Christan literalist. Nothing was accomplished.

Oh come on, man. This guy is clearly batshit.

You think just because a guy rants he is nuts? lol. Carlin ranted. Many speakers of truth ranted. He comes down on people like a ton of bricks. Just like Carlin. And Hitchens.

You think just because a guy rants he is nuts? lol. Carlin ranted. Many speakers of truth ranted. He comes down on people like a ton of bricks. Just like Carlin. And Hitchens.
Is that tweet somehow astonishingly atypical for this guy? Because that's the kind of shit you read in the Dump, or hear from a drunk sophomore.

That's sort of ironic given that the current understanding of leading evolutionary biologists is that the theories put forth in The Selfish Gene are flawed in the extreme.

I have said this more times than I care to count. I tried to edit wikipedia to reflect this. Could never get any traction. Just like they wont allow the information of assault allegations about Krauss and Shermer. They say Buzzfeed isnt a good source. Well local NBC and Fox affiliates reported it too.

Is that tweet somehow astonishingly atypical for this guy? Because that's the kind of shit you read in the Dump, or hear from a drunk sophomore.

No, that is how real people talk when pissed off. Carlin would get dumped too. It is called passion. Look at the rants of Bill Hicks. lol. Passion Look how much effort Hicks put into this rebuttal.

HITLER HAD THE RIGHT IDEA! HE WAS JUST AN UNDERACHIEVER!KILL 'EM ALL, ADOLF! ALL OF 'EM! JEW, MEXICAN, AMERICAN, WHITE, KILL 'EM ALL! START OVER! THE EXPERIMENT DIDN'T WORK!Rain 40 days, please fucking rain to wash these turds off my fucking life! Wash these human wastes of flesh and bones off this planet! I pray to you, God, to kill these fucking people![Someone yells out "Freebird" once more] Freebird.[Falls back] And in the beginning there was the word, Freebird. And Freebird would be yelled throughout the centuries. Freebird, the mantra of the moron.

First michael shermer, then richard carrier now lawrence krauss...Wth

No, that is how real people talk when pissed off. Carlin would get dumped too. It is called passion. Look at the rants of Bill Hicks. lol. Passion
There's no passion in calling Shermer and Harris "fraudsters." That's what people do when they feel like they have been obliterated in an argument. It's not like there is a shortage of legitimate criticism of Harris- less so Shermer, apart from the personal issues- but no reason to scream fraud, like a child.

There's no passion in calling Shermer and Harris "fraudsters." That's what people do when they feel like they have been obliterated in an argument. It's not like there is a shortage of legitimate criticism of Harris- less so Shermer, apart from the personal issues- but no reason to scream fraud, like a child.

But Hicks went on a genocidal rant because somebody yelled Freebird during his show. lol. That is reality. That is real. He was screaming like a child or fraud. Who cares.

And I do believe that Taleb has a passion for destroying his enemies.

Richard Pryor quote. "Only 3 types of people tell the truth - kids, drunk people, and anyone who is pissed the fuck off. "

Back