MeTo attacks Lawrence Krauss

We only have her word and he invited her up to his hotel room. There is a presumption that a man is going to make a pass if you consent to that.
Its not just her word, it appears to be a pattern of behavior as alleged by multiple victims with documentation at multiple institutions of complaints against him.

With the number of allegations against him and a digital trail I'm going say he's probably guilty of something.

Feminism as a movement has valid points and issues to raise. However, the more fanatical members are in danger of starting a civil war among women. This week, JLaw did a photo shoot for her new movie, Red Sparrow. It was in the UK, which is fucking freezing right now; appropriately enough for a movie about a Russian spy, JLaw was doing a shoot outside in a weather system that's coming straight from Siberia.

Her male co-stars were dressed in warm clothes. JLaw wore a Versace dress, showing plenty of thigh and cleavage. She was attacked on Twitter etc for pandering to sexist males while her co-stars were allowed to wear heavy sweaters and coats. One feminist sneered that if JLaw was wearing that kind of dress, Jeremy Irons should have been wearing ass-less leather chaps. Good luck getting that image out of your head:eek:

JLaw, to her credit, didn't back down. She said it was her choice to wear the dress, because she absolutely loved it. No one forced her, and if she was freezing cold for the minutes it took for the photos, "That was my choice too!" She pointed out that attacking other women for something they chose to wear was the opposite of what Feminism is supposed to be. She also joked that the next time she did a photo shoot in cold weather, she'd wear a bikini, but with a ski-suit on top, so she didn't offend anyone.

Last edited:
He says he is a scientist and therefore follows empiricism and can't be wrong. This is him defending his buddy who got caught importing underage girls.

Jeffrey Epstein is the infamous media mogul who was jailed in 2008 for paying underage prostitutes who said they were recruited by his aides. Some girls were allegedly flown in from Eastern Europe, their visas arranged by his bookkeeper. Epstein only served 13 months in prison thanks to a sweetheart plea agreement which is now being contested by attorneysrepresenting two of the girls, who were 13 and 14 when they were allegedly paid for sex. Both girls are part of a larger group of victims who have won monetary settlements from Epstein in civil cases.

One of the friends defending Epstein is none other than Professor Lawrence Krauss, famed physicist, writer, skeptic, former guest on my show The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe, recentPharyngula guest blogger, and upcoming speaker at JREF’s Amazing Meeting 9 in Las Vegas. And here’s the kicker: he’s invoking the name of science to do it.

“If anything, the unfortunate period he suffered has caused him to really think about what he wants to do with his money and his time, and support knowledge,” says Krauss. “Jeffrey has surrounded himself with beautiful women and young women but they’re not as young as the ones that were claimed. As a scientist I always judge things on empirical evidence and he always has women ages 19 to 23 around him, but I’ve never seen anything else, so as a scientist, my presumption is that whatever the problems were I would believe him over other people.” Though colleagues have criticized him over his relationship with Epstein, Krauss insists, “I don’t feel tarnished in any way by my relationship with Jeffrey; I feel raised by it.”

http://skepchick.org/2011/04/lawren...x-offender-embarrasses-scientists-everywhere/

Yeah, I just need one look at the guy and know he is guilty as charged. No need for any evidence.
I could save the justice system a lot of money. I just need to take a look at the guy or girl.

My personal motto in regards to the justice system: I rather see 1000 innocent people in prison than have one criminal walk the streets.

“There was even one particular creep of a professor who once told me he thought differently of me compared to other students and asked me to dinner: a situation so disturbing that it left me upset for weeks afterward.”
Is she talking about the one she went to?
At a CFI event in November 2006, Krauss asked Hensley for her card, and later, as she was leaving, asked her if she was “of age.” She brushed off the odd question, excited to meet a star skeptic. When he later emailed to invite her to dinner, she accepted.

“I didn’t care if he flirted with me, I just wanted to be around somebody important, and I also wanted to get a job in this field,” Hensley told BuzzFeed News. “I thought I could handle myself.”

They made a plan to eat in the restaurant at the Washington, DC, hotel where Krauss was staying, Hensley recalled. But first he asked her to come up to his room while he wrapped up some work. He seemed in no rush to leave, she said, ordering a cheese plate and later champagne, despite her suggestion that they go down to dinner.

With limited info it is hard to know much. But it sounds like he is a creepy dude who hits on women who are not interested.

When they ignore his advances, he does not get the hint to stop hitting on them.

The question for me is did the women make it clear they were not interested? Did he continue to hit on them after she said she was not interested?

Without that info it is hard for me to say he should lose his career for being a creepy dude who tries to ask out women.

No pics of her on the first page? Didn't even click second one.

With limited info it is hard to know much. But it sounds like he is a creepy dude who hits on women who are not interested.

When they ignore his advances, he does not get the hint to stop hitting on them.

The question for me is did the women make it clear they were not interested? Did he continue to hit on them after she said she was not interested?

Without that info it is hard for me to say he should lose his career for being a creepy dude who tries to ask out women.

This is what I mainly took away from the buzzfeed article, too (which seemed just as intent at blemishing atheism as a whole as it was at going after Krauss).

At the least, it seems he abuses his power as a public figure and professor to proposition women over whom he exerts some degree of inherent control. That's unethical, but not criminal.

If the stories of him non-consensually groping women are true it's obviously more serious. And, given the nature of the allegations, it'll probably just amount to he said/she said. The one accuser admitted to going to dinner with Krauss willingly and not caring if he flirted with her. Most guys who are out with a girl who is being receptive to flirting will very likely perceive that when she comes to your room she'd be willing to do more. Still extremely unethical and an abuse of powe given his position, but that's not necessarily a clear indication of a sexual predator who targets victims who clearly are not consenting.

The AHA has already denounced him ( he was their person of the year in 2015, and has been prominently associated with them for years). Publicly, he's already being uninvited to multiple speaking engagements. He's dunso.

I can see an organization that is promoting ethical behavior thinking he is not a good spokesman.

And if groped without consent that is another matter.

But part of the story treats women like infants who are not capable of saying I am not interested.

This is what I mainly took away from the buzzfeed article, too (which seemed just as intent at blemishing atheism as a whole as it was at going after Krauss).

At the least, it seems he abuses his power as a public figure and professor to proposition women over whom he exerts some degree of inherent control. That's unethical, but not criminal.

If the stories of him non-consensually groping women are true it's obviously more serious. And, given the nature of the allegations, it'll probably just amount to he said/she said. The one accuser admitted to going to dinner with Krauss willingly and not caring if he flirted with her. Most guys who are out with a girl who is being receptive to flirting will very likely perceive that when she comes to your room she'd be willing to do more. Still extremely unethical and an abuse of powe given his position, but that's not necessarily a clear indication of a sexual predator who targets victims who clearly are not consenting.

The AHA has already denounced him ( he was their person of the year in 2015, and has been prominently associated with them for years). Publicly, he's already being uninvited to multiple speaking engagements. He's dunso.

It isn't intent on bashing atheism. Tons of atheists have been hating on Krauss and Shermer for years and it has divided the community. Shermer is next. As I just reminded him on his Twitter. And Krauss's wife made her first post ever yesterday defending him all over. lol. Feminist atheists despise these guys. Many of the woman questioned are in the atheist and skeptical movement.

Here is what Randi said about Shermer:

“Shermer has been a bad boy on occasion — I do know that,” Randi told me. “I have told him that if I get many more complaints from people I have reason to believe, that I am going to have to limit his attendance at the conference.

Notice he didn't say ANY more complaints from people he believes until he takes action, but MANY more complaints till he does.

It isn't intent on bashing atheism. Tons of atheists have been hating on Krauss and Shermer for years and it has divided the community. Shermer is next.

Nah, what other purpose is there to link to a Glenn Greenwald hit piece on Sam Harris basically calling him an Islamophobic bigot? The authors wanted to hit the atheist "movement" as a whole. The intent was clear.

Yes!!!! Let’s silence geniuses over minor acts that can arguably be described as indiscretions at worst! Score one for sexless robot people of the future!

Girl, you're like universe origins and starting quantum fluctuations...in my pants. What do you say we complete the theory and end this with a Big Bang.

Back