Meryl Streep says:"MMA Isn't an Art" at the Golden Globes

Why does anyone give a shit what she thinks?

Rich racist celebrities. They live in the gated hills in mansions miles away from the working person. They are CEO's where they make 500x the average pay of those who work on movies they star in. They are hypocrites of the worst kind. They are in acting through nepotism. They keep outsiders away from Hollywood. They are retarded. A good A list celeb is a dead one with flys and maggot coming out of their eye sockets.

raw
A gif from another one of her pretentious snooze fest garbage movies.

I guess when you spend your whole life surrounded by yes men and "fans," you must start thinking you have some deep insight into how the world works. I mean, everyone always seems to be dazzled by her opinions after all

Lot of ppl getting offended but she is right they sports are not arts.
I take this as a compliment in how much MMA has actually reached the mainstream.

She isn't wrong. It's human cockfighting. However, labelling it as an art, makes it easier to sell to the public. It helps that some of these gentlemen are trained in specific styles, but at the core, its human cockfighting.

I always knew you were John McCain.

Don't get so triggered by a old white woman.

She said "the arts"... that is referring to music, painting, acting, etc... where performers are literally known as "artists".

This is differ from saying "Andy Silva is an artist in the octagon..." which would be a metaphor. Literally, he's a fighter, or an athlete.

Of course, football and MMA aren't "the arts".

Now where she's wrong is on "diversity of foreign talents". Football may be predominantly American, but MMA is a foreign ghetto paradise.

Oh that Meryl Streep. She's such a phoney baloney!

Why do people get so worked up when the Skip Bayless' of the world say something dumb about MMA. Try not to take what these people say so seriously...it's just not worth it.

Its funny how egotistical actors are.

They read lines somebody wrote for them. Thats it. They wre nothing but overpayed clowns

Hollyweird taking itself too seriously will never get old

So many triggered sherdoggers. This place is filled with a bunch of sensitive pussies.

Back