Merab Dvalishvili on the result of his fight.

I said in another thread, he was probably just light headed, tired. If you've ever fought off/survived a choke before, you'd know.

That video, at about 0:04 to 0:06 - I think he's out. His eyes are vacant and not moving, the leg is just aimlessly kicking...even if it's the end of the fight, if a fighter is out at the bell, he loses (according to Big John). I think it was the right call, only issue was the announcement as a TKO instead of Technical Sub.

He wasn't out lol.

All the non grapplers are showing themselves in this thread.

Doesn't look out to me. Maybe I'm drunk too. Looks like he's trying suck some air in to me. I've never been a nasty choke for 40 seconds but I'd guess the first thing you would do is catch your breath. He reacts the moment the dude claims victory

No criticism of your take on it, but my take was that he WAS out for those first 2 seconds. His eyes look rolled back in his head and I thought once the blood rushed back into his brain that's when he reacted.

Correct, but the fight was over and the ref didn’t stop it.

I disagree w/ the decision myself but just saying he was out several times but kept waking up he should just be real about it.

He wasn't out lol.
Are you sure? (I say this as legitimate debate, not trying to call you out or anything.) I've seen a friend of mine get choked out for a moment, then jerk awake and keep fighting. Even if Dvalishvili was just out for a couple of seconds, that's still enough to stop.

Even if he was out (i think he wasn't), the referee didn't stop the fight until the bell. Should have been a decision.

He was so out that when Simon said to the ref that he was out, Dvalishvili sat up and said 'nah man, I'm not out'.

Clearly sleep talking.

I think there is more evidence in his favor than not.

Ref didn't stop it, he repeatedly gave the thumbs up and was responding to the ref

Are you sure? (I say this as legitimate debate, not trying to call you out or anything.) I've seen a friend of mine get choked out for a moment, then jerk awake and keep fighting. Even if Dvalishvili was just out for a couple of seconds, that's still enough to stop.

I'm 99.9% sure. If you ever fought through chokes before, you would know. Out is out, no legs kicking, totally limp...that's out. Its not uncommon during a choke to "fade" in and out, doesn't mean you're out...that's like saying a fighter that gets rocked is "KO'd". Look at how Kongo KO'd Barry. This is the same issue I had with Lee/Chiesa. Tap or nap, that's it.

I thought that he went out by hitting his head on the mat during the takedown and then woke back up after getting turned over into mount.

I'm 99.9% sure. If you ever fought through chokes before, you would know. Out is out, no legs kicking, totally limp...that's out. Its not uncommon during a choke to "fade" in and out, doesn't mean you're out...that's like saying a fighter that gets rocked is "KO'd". Look at how Kongo KO'd Barry. This is the same issue I had with Lee/Chiesa. Tap or nap, that's it.
Fair enough, but I think some people have different reactions as they go out. Personally, I don't have much problem with this one, but I can understand those who do.

I honestly don't think he was out at the end. I only watched the little clip on sherdog, but it looked like he was out once it hit the ground. Like he hit his head on the mat. He was limp when he got rolled over, then seemed to come back to, imo. Then fought that choke till the end and didn't go out. That guys got crazy heart.

As I said I only saw the clip, but if he would've won a judge's decision, then I really hope the result is fixed.

Fair enough, but I think some people have different reactions as they go out. Personally, I don't have much problem with this one, but I can understand those who do.

As a person who grapples, and has been choked out cold...let me go OUT, its fine. If he wanted to tap, he had every chance, he was fighting, even though it may not look like it, to layman.

Back